The boosters are already telling people to get ready for $40!
    Here we are nearly three years later at $6.40... that promised $100 party still off in the future.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-06-16 09:47 AM
    When's the best time to sell Bbry stocks ?-capture.png

So three years on - Chen has failed to create any lasting shareholder value.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-06-16 09:52 AM
    Here we are nearly three years later at $6.40... that promised $100 party still off in the future.
    I believe the $100 party has been rescheduled to a $20 brunch - soon to be a $8 vegetable plate.
    cgk and techvisor like this.
    07-06-16 09:59 AM
    Someone start a rumour that Samsung will buy BlackBerry for $15/share. Share it on social media and everywhere.

That should bring the stock back up, just in time for me to sell and abandon ship!
    07-06-16 10:58 AM
    Someone start a rumour that Samsung will buy BlackBerry for $15/share. Share it on social media and everywhere.

That should bring the stock back up, just in time for me to sell and abandon ship!
    That's been tried too many times already... kinda like the boy who cried wolf.
    07-06-16 11:15 AM
    Good time to buy?
    12-23-16 07:16 AM
    Good time to buy?
    Yes
    01-07-17 08:46 AM
    Yes
    And still a good time to buy....
    John Albert likes this.
    07-29-19 11:02 AM
    I believe the $100 party has been rescheduled to a $20 brunch - soon to be a $8 vegetable plate.
    Heading towards the $6 packet of carrots.
    08-27-19 06:34 AM
    That’s some expensive bag of carrots.....LOL
    08-27-19 06:35 AM
    That’s some expensive bag of carrots.....LOL
    Hey there are a lot of them - needs to be a big bag of carrots - please supply your own water as the party does not stretch to drinks.
    08-27-19 06:36 AM
    Hey there are a lot of them - needs to be a big bag of carrots - please supply your own water as the party does not stretch to drinks.
    Who's doing the entertainment for this party?
    08-27-19 07:55 AM
    Who's doing the entertainment for this party?
    @elfabio80 since he’s in charge of the invite list and I should be on the list :-)
    08-27-19 08:00 AM
    @elfabio80 since he’s in charge of the invite list and I should be on the list :-)
    What? Which party? Wherever Chuck is going...I am in!! Let's beer!!
    08-27-19 08:12 AM
    What? Which party? Wherever Chuck is going...I am in!! Let's beer!!
    So your wearing the clown suite and bringing the beer?
    08-27-19 08:20 AM
    Your insight is amazing.... think some would just as soon get the party over and move on at this point.
    cgk and John Albert like this.
    09-26-19 12:49 PM
    Here we are nearly three later at $5.40... that promised $10 party still off in the future.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-26-19 01:49 PM
    Your insight is amazing.... think some would just as soon get the party over and move on at this point.
    Nokia should consider buying BlackBerry now!
    09-26-19 01:57 PM
    Nokia should consider buying BlackBerry now!
    For what? BlackBerry isn’t even in the same business lines anymore.
    09-26-19 07:13 PM
    Here we are nearly three later at $5.40... that promised $10 party still off in the future.
    It's ok I think because John Chen said last March the turnaround is complete and recently said they have reached a tipping point.
    10-01-19 10:33 AM
    It's ok I think because John Chen said last March the turnaround is complete and recently said they have reached a tipping point.
    The tipping point being "spare a dollar buddy?"
    10-01-19 02:24 PM
    Yeah a year later and that tipping point is heading the wrong way....
    techvisor likes this.
    03-05-20 03:44 PM
    I wish I could have read these comments 7 years ago.

Everything BlackBerry has gone South.
    Sigh!
    03-05-20 06:28 PM
    Just look at the post of many in the "I support BBRY" thread...

That it is now being reported that Fairfax has been looking for a buyer for their 10% ownership in BBRY is not a worry at all.

Lay-off at a company that has been trimmed down to the bare bones is still just cutting the fat.

That Kevin and Company had a text conversation about Software being the focus of the company going forward and Chris basically saying that hardware business was over, doesn't mean anything to them.

They believe one guy that says that BBM brings $5B to the value of the company, when we really don't know much about how it performs or IF anyone outside of CrackBerry cares. Sure there are folks here that say ALL their friend want it - of course they were the same ones that said ALL their friends wanted BB10 devices, so they shouldn't need a cross platform BBM... should they?

That Verizon doesn't even display a BlackBerry unless you enable a BlackBerry filter is no reflection of sales or the carriers support of the devices.

That BB has cut license fees for BES10 is a great sign that BB is serious about being competitive with other MDM Platforms.

That the only potential buyer last year when BB10 still had potential, was only going to offer $8B and couldn't get support means nothing in the valuation of BBRY.

Many believe that BB still has $3B in cash and that even without a buyer they can operate for years....

Most there still see a $18 - $20 a share buyout as a done deal at this point... they are all waiting on their checks to show up. A few believe that a $25 - $40 per share is also a possibility.

I can see that IF the ER isn't as bad as it seems that it will be, and IF the right buyer(s) can be found, and IF BBM is released and sees some quick growth... that $20+ is a possibility. But I also see where IF things don't go right.... that the value of BBRY could fall very quickly. Right now the stock is being held in place based on rumors of a buyout. If those rumors go away, and the stock is valued based on the fundamentals.... no future hardware sales - you "could" be looking at a lot of very unhappy and noticeably poorer BB Fans.

It's one thing when the Smartphone Platform that you love is not going to be around anymore. It's another thing when your retirement fund isn't going to be around anymore. Some there are just using a little extra cash they had laying around, other seem to be much more invested.
    I wonder today.... how much of the value in BB is based on the hope that someone buys the company for a premium.

Granted today that looks more like $6 or $7 rather than the $18 -$20.
    06-01-20 08:06 AM
    I wonder today.... how much of the value in BB is based on the hope that someone buys the company for a premium.

Granted today that looks more like $6 or $7 rather than the $18 -$20.
    $7USD wouldn’t be a Prem(ium), it would be Fair(fax) yet more a gift. Keep your Chen up for now
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-01-20 08:47 AM
84 1234