What bad news? It's party time in Waterloooooo!!!

When is the bad news coming?-image.jpg
    10-15-13 05:36 PM
    Stating the obvious is an agenda? And besides, the article is a reaction to the share price drop which had ALREADY HAPPENED.
    10-15-13 05:42 PM
    Here is a fine example.
    BlackBerry

On the day that BlackBerry bought full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal and other newspapers across the U.S. and Canada proclaiming that ?you can continue to count on BlackBerry,? the stock dropped 1.5% to $8.01 in recent trading.

Keith Moore of MKM Partners had this reaction: ?The full page ad placed by BBRY today in numerous newspapers may not help eliminate any of the uncertainty, as it is possible that readers will consider the ad as another sign of weakness.?

Tell me what the agenda is here?
    This is the garbage im talking about.

Posted via CB10
    They covered the release of the PRESS RELEASE. It is not unusual at all when I company goes to such great lengths to say nothing is wrong that the public and market assume, in fact, something is wrong. Do you expect the market and media to just take BBRY at its word and leave it alone? BBRY called attention to a situation and the market reacted. All very normal, no conspiracy theories needed.

Being honest as you asked, BBRY would get no coverage, good or bad if it wasn't publically traded. Nobody would really care. With less than 3% market share and shrinking, BBRY is on the verge of being irrelevant. The things you point to are hardly newsworthy events. If they get a DoD contract of any size then yes. Qualifying to bid, not really news. Some 100 list, yawn.

As for your other post, when a publically traded company tanks and losses money and has a huge write down THAT IS NEWSWORTHY. Why you think being named the list of 100 Top Global Innovators is even in the same level of news is beyond me. There is not a shred of evidence they are growing in any market, all the evidence points to the contrary. They aren't selling devices, they are losing market share, they are burning thru their cash, they are laying off thousand of workers, they are talking about selling their real estate, they completely blew the launch of xBBM. They may be sold for a pittance of $9/share. This is the truth, like it or not. All of it is VERY relevant to the stock price.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, I like BBRY have a z10 and PB but I just think you aren't viewing this realistically or through any sort of normal lens of how a public company gets covered. This is a time and place for BBRY to put on the big boy pants and fight. Making excuses for them won't help.
    howarmat likes this.
    10-15-13 06:33 PM
    Right. So what.
    BlackBerry lost 400 million last quarter.
    Wrote down a billion.
    Sold less devices.

Your saying its important for the consumer to know that the company lost some money (so what) sold less phones (so what), and it doesn't matter that they have achieved security clearance for the dod, nato, are growing the enterprise market for bb10. It doesn't matter that the company made the list of the top 100 GLOBAL Innovators list for 2013.

Be honest here, if this company wasn't publicly traded what would the news be talking about over the last few years?

Why is the media focusing on BlackBerry financial numbers instead of its achievements.
    What/who's purpose does that serve?

Posted via CB10
    The funny thing is, people ignore the negative mind share this bashing has... endless cycle or "chicken before the egg" scenario. Media negativity leads to poor sales and platform abandonment which leads to more negative media, but I digress.... I will be objective and say BlackBerry does have some issues but that does not completely reciprocate the out of control negativity that, in itself, can lead to WORSE sales and sentiment than the "seemingly" poor product and planning itself.
    10-15-13 06:47 PM
    Unfortunately it doesnt have to be the shorts coming out with bad news. Z30 has not been well received in reviews. TH has been very absent, and the company has not done much, if anything, in the line of marketing. There hasnt been anything bad that is new to say.
    i don't know about reviews on the Z30 not being good, they are pretty well balanced but reviewers like to poke at the finacial troubles at some point. i don't understand why they can't just review the phones and let the consumer do their homework and make their choice based on what they feel.

i still maintain the media is a big strain on sales of BlackBerry devices
    10-15-13 06:48 PM
    Here is a fine example.
    BlackBerry

On the day that BlackBerry bought full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal and other newspapers across the U.S. and Canada proclaiming that ?you can continue to count on BlackBerry,? the stock dropped 1.5% to $8.01 in recent trading.

Keith Moore of MKM Partners had this reaction: ?The full page ad placed by BBRY today in numerous newspapers may not help eliminate any of the uncertainty, as it is possible that readers will consider the ad as another sign of weakness.?

Tell me what the agenda is here?
    This is the garbage im talking about.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo, by this merit if BlackBerry says "we are going out of business" could it also be seen as a covert move that they are stronger than ever and have a secret plan to surpass all competitors? Otherwise, anything BlackBerry says is taken as negative which clearly insinuates something else MAY be at play.
    10-15-13 06:57 PM
    They covered the release of the PRESS RELEASE. It is not unusual at all when I company goes to such great lengths to say nothing is wrong that the public and market assume, in fact, something is wrong. Do you expect the market and media to just take BBRY at its word and leave it alone? BBRY called attention to a situation and the market reacted. All very normal, no conspiracy theories needed.

Being honest as you asked, BBRY would get no coverage, good or bad if it wasn't publically traded. Nobody would really care. With less than 3% market share and shrinking, BBRY is on the verge of being irrelevant. The things you point to are hardly newsworthy events. If they get a DoD contract of any size then yes. Qualifying to bid, not really news. Some 100 list, yawn.

As for your other post, when a publically traded company tanks and losses money and has a huge write down THAT IS NEWSWORTHY. Why you think being named the list of 100 Top Global Innovators is even in the same level of news is beyond me. There is not a shred of evidence they are growing in any market, all the evidence points to the contrary. They aren't selling devices, they are losing market share, they are burning thru their cash, they are laying off thousand of workers, they are talking about selling their real estate, they completely blew the launch of xBBM. They may be sold for a pittance of $9/share. This is the truth, like it or not. All of it is VERY relevant to the stock price.

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh, I like BBRY have a z10 and PB but I just think you aren't viewing this realistically or through any sort of normal lens of how a public company gets covered. This is a time and place for BBRY to put on the big boy pants and fight. Making excuses for them won't help.
    My previous post point to this continuous spewing of the same negative news over and over is without a word of a doubt part of the problem. It's not that these types of issues don't exist, let alone get mentioned once or twice but more so are repeatedly tossed around and regurgitated again and again and again and again and again... when it's all said and done at the end of half the repeated posts, throwing in a "oh and I'm pro bb" is NOT helping. I'm not trying to divert from the problems, as I have heard them and I am aware they exist but my question is the reasoning behind every John Joe and Stacy spinning over it a billion times?!
    10-15-13 07:03 PM
    What bad news? It's party time in Waterloooooo!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	315 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	210873
    Lmfaooooo as much as I hate to admit, this made me laugh.
    10-15-13 07:07 PM
    What garbage? An analyst is giving their opinion. That's what they are paid to do. Agenda? Provide an opinion.
    I think he is 100% right; it is yet another sign of weakness. Whether you agree or disagree isn't material. It's not garbage just because you disagree.

BlackBerry: "We're not dead yet". Keep Moving So They Know We're Alive?
    10-15-13 07:31 PM
    My previous post point to this continuous spewing of the same negative news over and over is without a word of a doubt part of the problem. It's not that these types of issues don't exist, let alone get mentioned once or twice but more so are repeatedly tossed around and regurgitated again and again and again and again and again... when it's all said and done at the end of half the repeated posts, throwing in a "oh and I'm pro bb" is NOT helping. I'm not trying to divert from the problems, as I have heard them and I am aware they exist but my question is the reasoning behind every John Joe and Stacy spinning over it a billion times?!
    But the press release was new news. The other facts provide relevant context. Some analysts and media are crap but on this one I think they were in line with what could have been expected. JMHO

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 07:44 PM
    What garbage? An analyst is giving their opinion. That's what they are paid to do. Agenda? Provide an opinion.
    I think he is 100% right; it is yet another sign of weakness. Whether you agree or disagree isn't material. It's not garbage just because you disagree.

BlackBerry: "We're not dead yet". Keep Moving So They Know We're Alive?
    This is a completely one sided article that begins and ends with negative opinions based on personal speculation. There is no objectivity. There is motive and agenda in all articles, and any that don't take into account separate sources on opinion and facts are biased.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 08:34 PM
    Its really so bad that you are waiting and seeking out bad news? Seriously be happy they released the letter showing that they apparently DO still care and want to keep BB together. Someone bought 4-5 million shares today so they must know something good is coming.
    10-15-13 08:38 PM
    Still blaming the shorts? LOL!
    10-16-13 05:43 AM
    Still blaming the shorts? LOL!
    Come on you can't blame the awful Super Bowl spot, the fragmented disaster of a BB10 launch, no BB10 on the Playbook, and lack of any real or effective advertising on BlackBerry the company or the CEO or CMO. The dirty "Shorters" are to blame for everything!
    10-16-13 09:13 AM
39 12