With BlackBerry sending out its letter to customers in newspapers today and the "rumors" of the bbm release soon how long before the shorts come out with the negative news that always follows to trample the good? Thats all i have been thinking about since i read BlackBerrys article. im guessing it's tomorrow or maybe shortly after bbm, and i think its going to go like this ---- Old owners of dying BlackBerry look to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find money to buy back the Love of thier life as fairfax deal seems to have failed and markets expect deal to be pulled any day leaving BlackBerry hanging by a thread over the flames of hell. According to undisclosed sources close to the deal.

Btw im long BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    spyeagle likes this.
    10-15-13 09:13 AM
    Unfortunately it doesnt have to be the shorts coming out with bad news. Z30 has not been well received in reviews. TH has been very absent, and the company has not done much, if anything, in the line of marketing. There hasnt been anything bad that is new to say.
    10-15-13 09:17 AM
    Btw im long BlackBerry
    BlackBerry isn't even LONG on BlackBerry....

As for the news... it is what it is. There really isn't anything good coming out of Waterloo these days.
    bobauckland likes this.
    10-15-13 09:23 AM
    If you think that the bad news is created by the shorts then you are missing the big picture. There's not much to be gained, these days, in shorting BBRY. Most of the low-hanging fruit has been harvested.
    10-15-13 09:24 AM
    You have to acknowledge the proximity of negative news reports to that of the positives that come out?

142 million shares short on September 30 after the offer announced.

Even LG has jumped on the bandwagon.
    I'm not saying shorts in specific regard to the stock position though, just the company in general and intrests of others.

There has been almost an immediate response to any good BlackBerry news reports. Still waiting

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 10:17 AM
    BlackBerry isn't even LONG on BlackBerry....

As for the news... it is what it is. There really isn't anything good coming out of Waterloo these days.
    Good news of last 2 months:

QNX Software Systems Provides New Software-Based Engine Noise Reduction Technology for Automobiles

BlackBerry Previews New Cloud-based Enterprise Mobility Management Solution

BlackBerry 10 Receives NATO Approval for Restricted Communications

The National Police of Colombia Upgrading BlackBerry Smartphones, Migrating to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

Top Brands Bring New Apps to BlackBerry 10 Customers

Empresas POLAR S.A. Upgrades to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

UK Enterprises Embrace BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

Tech Data To Offer BlackBerry Enterprise Mobility Management Solutions

QNX Automotive Technology to Power Garmin K2 Platform

BlackBerry Introduces the New BlackBerry Z30 Smartphone with 5" Display and BlackBerry 10.2 OS

BlackBerry Joins FIDO Alliance and Board; Seeks Secure, Universal Authentication for Mobile Platform and Device Users

If BlackBerry wasn't a publicly traded company i think this story would be very different.

Posted via CB10
    spyeagle likes this.
    10-15-13 10:28 AM
    You have to acknowledge the proximity of negative news reports to that of the positives that come out?

142 million shares short on September 30 after the offer announced.

Even LG has jumped on the bandwagon.
    I'm not saying shorts in specific regard to the stock position though, just the company in general and intrests of others.

There has been almost an immediate response to any good BlackBerry news reports. Still waiting

Posted via CB10
    Normally and lately BBRY has been providing plenty of its own ammo and bad news. How about the first attempt to launch xBBM. Is it still Summer..... When they actually meet one of their own deadlines and produce a product that isn't either a) already dated or b) overpriced, or c) both of the above, then the bad news will stop. xBBM isn't going to change any of that, it's already late and tarnished due to the first "launch."

Sadly, there is no need to blame the shorts or the media, BBRY is doing it to themselves and all of us.........
    10-15-13 12:06 PM
    But it is always a convenient excuse to blame the shorts for BlackBerrys massive failure.
    Plenty of blame to assign. But making excuses is always easier.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    10-15-13 12:16 PM
    Well i think you all proved my point nicely.
    Keep it coming, ill post more positive things while you all keep repeating the same old comments.

Lets go back a bit further :

Univision Upgrades Entire Mobile Fleet with 2,000 BlackBerry Q10 Smartphones

New BlackBerry 9720 Smartphone Lets You Spark The Conversation

BlackBerry Board of Directors Announces Exploration of Strategic Alternatives

BlackBerry Awarded "Authority to Operate" on U.S. Department of Defense Networks

Fixmo and BlackBerry Partner to Bring Sentinel Device Integrity and Tamper Detection Solution to BlackBerry 10

MAKO Surgical Corporation Deploys BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to Manage Mobile Investments

Enterprise Customers Make the Move to BlackBerry 10 with 18,000 Server Installations

BlackBerry Secures iOS and Android in the Enterprise Without Sacrificing the User Experience

QNX Unveils New Automotive Safety Program for ISO 26262

International Law Firm Akin Gump Deploys BlackBerry 10 and its 'Robust Security' Platform

Oh and this one too:

BlackBerry Makes Top 100 Innovators List

Thomson Reuters Names the World?s Top 100 Most Innovative Organizations for 2013

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 12:40 PM
    Does any of that matter if they can't sell their products and have to take $900mm writedowns?
    2,000 devices. Wow. How many did they write down? How many Q10s will be written down?

You can't make Chicken Salad out of Chicken ****.
    21stNow and JeepBB like this.
    10-15-13 12:46 PM
    I don't think you can compare this kind of good news to billion dollar write-downs or coming up short a million units in quarterly sales. Some of this good news are just PR items while the bad news is about financials. Market watchers know the difference. They aren't going to fall for the PR stuff.
    10-15-13 12:49 PM
    And a steady stream of customer losses (no longer being reported) from 80 -> 72 -> 70 -> ?? million.
    But they have no debt and billions in the bank. Always good to keep it for a rainy day.
    10-15-13 12:52 PM
    It's "coming soon", "within days"!
    10-15-13 12:56 PM
    With BlackBerry sending out its letter to customers in newspapers today and the "rumors" of the bbm release soon how long before the shorts come out with the negative news that always follows to trample the good? Thats all i have been thinking about since i read BlackBerrys article. im guessing it's tomorrow or maybe shortly after bbm, and i think its going to go like this ---- Old owners of dying BlackBerry look to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find money to buy back the Love of thier life as fairfax deal seems to have failed and markets expect deal to be pulled any day leaving BlackBerry hanging by a thread over the flames of hell. According to undisclosed sources close to the deal.

Btw im long BlackBerry

Posted via CB10

ppl still using the short as an excuse? thoguth we went passed that when the earning came out
    10-15-13 12:57 PM
    Well i think you all proved my point nicely.
    Keep it coming, ill post more positive things while you all keep repeating the same old comments.

Lets go back a bit further :

Univision Upgrades Entire Mobile Fleet with 2,000 BlackBerry Q10 Smartphones

New BlackBerry 9720 Smartphone Lets You Spark The Conversation

BlackBerry Board of Directors Announces Exploration of Strategic Alternatives

BlackBerry Awarded "Authority to Operate" on U.S. Department of Defense Networks

Fixmo and BlackBerry Partner to Bring Sentinel Device Integrity and Tamper Detection Solution to BlackBerry 10

MAKO Surgical Corporation Deploys BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to Manage Mobile Investments

Enterprise Customers Make the Move to BlackBerry 10 with 18,000 Server Installations

BlackBerry Secures iOS and Android in the Enterprise Without Sacrificing the User Experience

QNX Unveils New Automotive Safety Program for ISO 26262

International Law Firm Akin Gump Deploys BlackBerry 10 and its 'Robust Security' Platform

Oh and this one too:

BlackBerry Makes Top 100 Innovators List

Thomson Reuters Names the World?s Top 100 Most Innovative Organizations for 2013

Posted via CB10
    Respectfully, So what? None of this is earth shattering or really that impressive. Taken in light of the the major failures, Stock Price crash, write downs, layoffs, subscriber loses and such, it's immaterial at best.

Focus on this stuff if you'd like but I would suggest you are missing the much bigger and more important (and more realistic) things that are going on at BBRY these last few years.
    10-15-13 12:57 PM
    Right. So what.
    BlackBerry lost 400 million last quarter.
    Wrote down a billion.
    Sold less devices.

Your saying its important for the consumer to know that the company lost some money (so what) sold less phones (so what), and it doesn't matter that they have achieved security clearance for the dod, nato, are growing the enterprise market for bb10. It doesn't matter that the company made the list of the top 100 GLOBAL Innovators list for 2013.

Be honest here, if this company wasn't publicly traded what would the news be talking about over the last few years?

Why is the media focusing on BlackBerry financial numbers instead of its achievements.
    What/who's purpose does that serve?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:13 PM
    something like this:

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/10/1...-takeover-bid/

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:27 PM
    something like this:

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/10/1...-takeover-bid/

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry will be gutted for sure if cerberus gets them.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 04:31 PM
    Right. So what.
    BlackBerry lost 400 million last quarter.
    Wrote down a billion.
    Sold less devices.

Your saying its important for the consumer to know that the company lost some money (so what) sold less phones (so what), and it doesn't matter that they have achieved security clearance for the dod, nato, are growing the enterprise market for bb10. It doesn't matter that the company made the list of the top 100 GLOBAL Innovators list for 2013.

Be honest here, if this company wasn't publicly traded what would the news be talking about over the last few years?

Why is the media focusing on BlackBerry financial numbers instead of its achievements.
    What/who's purpose does that serve?

Posted via CB10
    It's a Business, and as such the only thing that matters is the financial numbers. Achievements only matter if they lead to sales.
    10-15-13 04:33 PM
    The curious thing about this bright spot is that in the press release, Blackberry brags about increased installations, but in the SEC filing, they are forced to admit that conversions from test installations to sales are slower than expected.

Also, they lost a billion dollars last quarter. Publicly traded or privately held, they're done.
    10-15-13 04:34 PM
    are growing the enterprise market for bb10.
    Do you have some data for this? Not BB spin either.

And yes, I know that if they had 1 phone on enterprise in the first quarter, and 2 phones now, that would be growth.
    10-15-13 04:46 PM
    Did you mean the bad news for the shorts? Don't worry, it'll come. I'm waiting for it.
    10-15-13 04:50 PM
    Here is a fine example.
    http://stream.wsj.com/story/markets/SS-2-5/SS-2-354802/

On the day that BlackBerry bought full-page ads in the Wall Street Journal and other newspapers across the U.S. and Canada proclaiming that ?you can continue to count on BlackBerry,? the stock dropped 1.5% to $8.01 in recent trading.

Keith Moore of MKM Partners had this reaction: ?The full page ad placed by BBRY today in numerous newspapers may not help eliminate any of the uncertainty, as it is possible that readers will consider the ad as another sign of weakness.?

Tell me what the agenda is here?
    This is the garbage im talking about.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 05:12 PM
    What do you expect the WSJ to say?

"The Blackberry Team announced, today, that customers can count on them. Investors were relieved and the stock jumped 10% on the news."
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-15-13 05:20 PM
    i think BlackBerry said too much. they should have kept it simple.

BlackBerry

we remain committed to our customers.

we will continue to be in the innovative world bringing the best user experience to the mobile communications and computing to keep you moving forward.

sincerely,
    TBT

ps: special shout out to the everyone over at crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 05:21 PM
39 12