I think we should form a group and initiate a class action lawsuit against these firms and individuals who spread bad rumors about Blackberry. They want to create a negative perception. And that matters. All the individual shareholders here should band together and file a class action lawsuit and in the discovery we will see which BBRY bashing firm is getting paid by which short seller and which competitor.
    This is ridiculous how they have ganged up against BBRY.
    04-11-13 03:24 PM
    We should just find all these guys and break their fingers so they can't type

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 03:49 PM
    They will use Z10 keyboard so they dont need to type, just flick
    04-11-13 04:03 PM
    I think we should form a group and initiate a class action lawsuit against these firms and individuals who spread bad rumors about Blackberry. They want to create a negative perception. And that matters. All the individual shareholders here should band together and file a class action lawsuit and in the discovery we will see which BBRY bashing firm is getting paid by which short seller and which competitor.
    This is ridiculous how they have ganged up against BBRY.
    Sorry, but you can't sue someone for having an opinion. And with Google Dollars running the internet, every one is writing for Google hits.

Also Post Mortem Ergo Propter Mortem can be applied here. The stock is not going down because of the bad media. The stock is going down because of BlackBerry's fundamentals.
    04-11-13 04:39 PM
    We Must fight back: Detwiler, Paccrest, Canaccord, Forbes, AllthingsD, etc are trying to destry BBR-images-2-.jpg

I found out the hard way about Android build quality.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 04:45 PM
    It seems that short interests are manipulating the SP of BBRY with all these misleading and false articals in what seems like an attempt to drive the SP down and damage the blackberry brand name. I am going to file a complain here Questions and Complaints
    Dapper37 likes this.
    04-11-13 05:01 PM
    Sorry, but you can't sue someone for having an opinion. And with Google Dollars running the internet, every one is writing for Google hits.

Also Post Mortem Ergo Propter Mortem can be applied here. The stock is not going down because of the bad media. The stock is going down because of BlackBerry's fundamentals.
    Actually you can sue someone for making statements that damage your reputation. It is called defamation or libel.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-13 05:07 PM
    Actually you can sue. However you need to prove false information was published to drive down share prices to help short stock position. Then as a shareholder you can sue for losses. It's also a criminal offense.
    04-11-13 05:14 PM
    Actually you can sue. However you need to prove false information was published to drive down share prices to help short stock position. Then as a shareholder you can sue for losses. It's also a criminal offense.
    You can only sue if the person had profited from such actions and prove that it was why the stock went down. Case in point, you didn't see any "Steve Jobs is Dead" articles until (ahem) he actually died.

There is a difference between opinions and facts.

Today, the media is all about opinion, because no one wants to pay for news anymore.
    04-11-13 05:34 PM
    Just to find out how true is the Detwiler report. I took a trip down to several retailer this evening, ask specifically the return rate of BB10 so far. All answers are almost none. Only one retailer says there was one lady came in one day asking some problem to operate the software, which quickly found out the answer, and abandon the return idea. So the Detwiler finding is really far flung from my foot work findings. I would like to ask all crackberrians to do same thing, doesn't take a lot of time to get the truth.
    04-11-13 09:14 PM
    See you dont understand... its one thing for a message board poster to lie, but these are are registered investment firms, they move markets. Or else tomorrow Goldman can come and say Firm X is getting bought out, stock goes up, they sell. It doesnt work that way. A message board poster doe snot get story reported in the media but a research form notes are.
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-12-13 07:15 AM
    BB press release this morning saying they're hitting back: BlackBerry Seeks U.S., Canadian Review of False Reports on Return Rates -
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-12-13 08:42 AM
    Don't worry guys: BlackBerry shareholders with millions at stake will surely take care of all those analyst!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:15 AM
    It is one thing for an analyst to be incompetent but that may not be the case here. If the analyst spread a malicious rumor for the benefit of his firm's clients then that would be a criminal offense or at least they would lose their license to be a broker . These are not journalists who are expressing an opinion. We will likely find a number of class action lawyers wanting to take this case on if in fact there is a wrong doing however I am sure that this firm will not survive if BB is proved right after a SEC investigation. Surely after the Madoff disaster, SEC needs to be more vigilant .
    04-12-13 09:38 AM
    BlackBerry is in a unique position. If AAPL goes up... lots of people happy. If MSFT goes up, tons of people happy. If BlackBerry goes up... lots of very vocale traders would be unhappy because it's short interest is at 30% now! There is an extra 150 million BlackBerry shares out there cause of all the shorts. That's about 2 billions dollars.

You want to fight back? Every crackberry members has to go out and show how good their phones is. Squeeze those short out and negative press will be gone!

Posted via CB10
    gorang likes this.
    04-12-13 10:14 AM
    You can only sue if the person had profited from such actions and prove that it was why the stock went down. Case in point, you didn't see any "Steve Jobs is Dead" articles until (ahem) he actually died.

There is a difference between opinions and facts.

Today, the media is all about opinion, because no one wants to pay for news anymore.
    Right. Oh wait, what's this?
    04-12-13 11:01 AM
    I see a lot of emotional non investor comments. These guys who are trying to bring bbry down are no better than the dozens of others who are trying to increase bbry stock with their outlandish claims. I hope most of you realize none of them really care about bbry just to make money. These dump articles are just as bad as the pump. And the over zealous pump guys are doing just a disservice to shareholders as the dump ones. Market manipulation isn't good just because you hold shares and it benefits you when a analyst tries to artificially inflate sp
    04-12-13 11:54 AM
    Anyone ever think the stock might be down due to random rebooting with no fix in sight?
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    04-12-13 11:59 AM
    Anyone ever think the stock might be down due to random rebooting with no fix in sight?
    I don't think so. Even if it comes out a lot in this forum... it doesn't look like it's a big enough issue to make it out to the press. especially if returns rate had been as expected.

Also lots of use hasn't seen any random reboots or lock ups. Sometime I wonder if people bought the same phone that I have.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:02 PM
    Last months earnings report proved them wrong and investors were mostly happy with the results. Momentum has shifted for blackberry and the investigation is a great proactive move by Thor. All we can do is become appreciative of what BlackBerry has accomplished despite being written off as dead by 'analysts' and 'review sites' over the past year.
    04-12-13 12:16 PM
    Don't need to fight back. There see plenty of bulls.

For example, Morgan Stanley. Also, for all the flipflopping that Simona at Goldman has done, she still has the target almost 50% above here. Banks like RBC, who I'd imagine know BBRY better than most, are also cautiously bullish. If I recall right, Scotia is also bullish.

The only thing that perplexes me is why you have these shops in one corner, quietly bullish, and no one cares. On the other hand, all these joker 5 people shops no one has ever heard of (detweiler, it, etc) ALL over the media. Doesn't make sense to me.

I think it's good to see bearish reports in the media so we get the other perspective, but only if they are good. From what I've seen all the bearish reports are rubbish, from utterly rubbish firms, making claims like more returns than sales, projection of 300k sales, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Omnitech and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-12-13 04:09 PM
    Take. It. Back. (and exchange) It has been stated a ton of times if your device is experiencing this it's a hardware issue...they know this because the vast majority do not have any issues.
    04-12-13 08:04 PM
    Take. It. Back. (and exchange) It has been stated a ton of times if your device is experiencing this it's a hardware issue...they know this because the vast majority do not have any issues.
    If it's from Verizon it could be a software issue. They started pushing updates about 10-days ago. They're a little slow when it comes to pushing updates so hang in there-it will be fixed.
    04-12-13 08:16 PM
    If it's from Verizon it could be a software issue. They started pushing updates about 10-days ago. They're a little slow when it comes to pushing updates.
    Perhaps ...if it was software they would all do it though, and they do not. Just exchange, easy peasy.
    04-12-13 08:18 PM
    I think reporting these so called experts to the SEC and OSC is far harsher than anything I could do.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-12-13 08:21 PM
37 12