09-12-13 06:43 PM
207 ... 56789
tools
    Anyway, all this debris is clogging a decent thread. I won't contribute to have it closed. You all know my OPINION. Good luck trying to change the rest of the world's.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-09-13 08:27 PM
    Justin Bieber has more fans that he deserves in my opinion. But I'd wager in his target audience (girls aged 10 -15) he's just about the hottest and best thing around. There's that opinion thing again. Like Blackberry, Justine Bieber isn't for everyone. And if Blackberry were like Justine Bieber, Blackberry should be very popular with their target market. I don't think they are. Or unless everyone loves them, but just doesn't actually buy them?
    Yes I realize he is popular with his fan base....my point is, he may have the top sales and the most twitter followers but he certainly is not the best artist. You can even admit that.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:28 PM
    Justin Bieber has more fans that he deserves in my opinion. But I'd wager in his target audience (girls aged 10 -15) he's just about the hottest and best thing around. There's that opinion thing again. Like Blackberry, Justine Bieber isn't for everyone. And if Blackberry were like Justine Bieber, Blackberry should be very popular with their target market. I don't think they are. Or unless everyone loves them, but just doesn't actually buy them?
    They never focused on the features.
    09-09-13 08:28 PM
    Yes I realize he is popular with his fan base....my point is, he may have the top sales and the most twitter followers but he certainly is not the best artist. You can even admit that.

Posted via CB10
    Can I just make one point here? To his "target audience" he is the best thing ever. Think on that. I personally love people like Elvis and The Who, but ask my 24 year old and he wouldn't even know the name of one of their songs. He's too caught up in Rap. I can't stand the rubbish ... but here's that word again. It's my opinion. And I apply my dollars to my opinion.
    09-09-13 08:32 PM
    Actually, no it's not. I know people have spent a lot more money on real food from a supermarket than at McDonalds. Your ANALogy doesn't work.
    The analogy works... we're talking about 2 different industries and based on the most profits you are saying that McDonald's and Samsung are the best in their respective industries...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:33 PM
    Nah, the blur comes from the iPhone camera. Mere mentioning has more to do with poor call quality. Sour spot? Boy, take that Iphone out of your mouth! You're using it wrong!
    Ha ha ha, I like it when you said it that way
    You are good!
    bradu1 likes this.
    09-09-13 08:34 PM
    Can I just make one point here? To his "target audience" he is the best thing ever. Think on that. I personally love people like Elvis and The Who, but ask my 24 year old and he wouldn't even know the name of one of their songs. He's too caught up in Rap. I can't stand the rubbish ... but here's that word again. It's my opinion. And I apply my dollars to my opinion.
    Okay great and you are entitled to. Now let me ask you this, do you spend time on a rap fan forum telling them how much better Elvis and The Who are than their Rubbish rap that they listen to?

Posted via CB10
    bombastic and ghundiraj like this.
    09-09-13 08:34 PM
    Bad luck buddy. Why should there be antipathy between us when we are just stating our opinions? The difference between us and your little cache of fanboys is we don't try and foist our opinions on others as fact. We realise, as considerate adults, that we can have differing opinions and still live to tell about it. All you guys want to do is burn the house down of any dissenters.
    This thread is about people talking about the possibility of Watsa buying BlackBerry, and what that means. Actually a good productive conversation. You guys come I'm with the phones suck, BlackBerry is dead, yada yada yada. Smell your fingers, I'm pretty sure you'll smell lighter fluid. Good thing your matches are wet and my house is still standing.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:35 PM
    The analogy works... we're talking about 2 different industries and based on the most profits you are saying that McDonald's and Samsung are the best in their respective industries...

Posted via CB10
    So, you're saying the junk food industry should relate to the smartphone industry? They call it junk food for a reason Dave. I don't know of one JUNK food company that produces a 100% healthy diet. Let's look for the best selling strawberries in the world. Quality or junk? If Blackberry were competing in the JUNKphone market they'd be king of the hill. Happy now?
    09-09-13 08:39 PM
    So, you're saying the junk food industry should relate to the smartphone industry? They call it junk food for a reason Dave. I don't know of one JUNK food company that produces a 100% healthy diet. Let's look for the best selling strawberries in the world. Quality or junk? If Blackberry were competing in the JUNKphone market they'd be king of the hill. Happy now?
    Pretty jaded hey?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:41 PM
    I love my Z...it's far from junk.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:42 PM
    Okay great and you are entitled to. Now let me ask you this, do you spend time on a rap fan forum telling them how much better Elvis and The Who are than their Rubbish rap that they listen to?

Posted via CB10
    I'm entitled to my opinion there, or here. Unless Communists have taken over Crackberry? There are a lot of Blackberry owners who have a differing opinion on the various pro's and con's on the devices and company in general. We should be able to discuss them. There are a few rabid fanboys who want to destory anyone with a differing opinion. I've owned 2 Playbooks, a 9900, a Z10 and a Q10 - all just in the past 12 months. I feel I'm entitled to voice an opinion here. Until the moderators decide otherwise, I guess.
    09-09-13 08:44 PM
    Let's flip this argument on it's head. Please tell me one industry, any industry, where highest sales directly correlates to highest quality. And if you say smartphone I'm going to point and laugh and do a happy dance.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:46 PM
    You throw in opinion like fact... you said BlackBerry 10 can't compete... you also said if you have the most profits that means you have the better product... which is total bull****.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:46 PM
    I'm entitled to my opinion there, or here. Unless Communists have taken over Crackberry? There are a lot of Blackberry owners who have a differing opinion on the various pro's and con's on the devices and company in general. We should be able to discuss them. There are a few rabid fanboys who want to destory anyone with a differing opinion. I've owned 2 Playbooks, a 9900, a Z10 and a Q10 - all just in the past 12 months. I feel I'm entitled to voice an opinion here. Until the moderators decide otherwise, I guess.
    Didn't say you weren't, just asked a simple question.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:48 PM
    Back on topic, there's a lot of noise tonight that Prem isn't as close as it seemed last night. Or maybe it's just a new set of rumors.
    09-09-13 08:50 PM
    Back on topic, there's a lot of noise tonight that Prem isn't as close as it seemed last night. Or maybe it's just a new set of rumors.
    Where you hear that? Any links?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:51 PM
    Speculation which begets speculation.......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-09-13 08:52 PM
    It's all about the spin...for each side of the trade.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:52 PM
    Do you think the Pension Plan people might be getting nervous?
    09-09-13 08:54 PM
    Let's flip this argument on it's head. Please tell me one industry, any industry, where highest sales directly correlates to highest quality. And if you say smartphone I'm going to point and laugh and do a happy dance.

Posted via CB10
    Truffles.
    Tuna
    Seafood
    Gemstones (not industrial)
    I could go on....
    09-09-13 08:55 PM
    Truffles.
    Tuna
    Seafood
    I could go on....
    when i open this thread was to talk about the possibilities of Watsa buying /investing or helping BBRY not to discuss about sales figures, other companies or anything else. Everyone is entitle to their opinion but i think that if you are going to talk about iphone you should go to iMore. Call me however you want(fanboy or any other name that come to your head) but let us enjoy this news that could be the best thing that happen to BBRY this year. FYI Apple has the WWCC(i think thats the name) tomorrow so i know theres a lot to talk on iMore and thank you in advance
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-09-13 09:14 PM
    Truffles.
    Tuna
    Seafood
    I could go on....
    Ok... got me on a technicality. Mainly because these are all things that are collected, or fished, so a quick Google search isn't giving me results, and I don't have much time to really research it. I would guess though that starkist or chicken of the sea probably have much higher sales with shredded tuna, than any quality fish seller. I'd also be willing to bet a small amount that all those low quality gemstones that can be found in Walmarts, and the mall stores where all those young couples to go buy their first promise and engagement rings probably have higher sales than... hmmm.... who would be then fancy one here? I bought my ex a car, not a ring... maybe that's why she's an ex. Damn.

Typically, quantity, not quality gets you sales dollars. And how do you typically get quantity? Going cheap, or becoming a fad. McDonald's goes cheap, low quality, high sales. Snuggies were expensive, (made out of the same material as the blankets you can buy in the local drugstore for 2/$5) and became a fad.

So, try it again with something that is made, manufactured, or produced.

And if you think I just called the iPhone a Snuggie... :walks away whistling:

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 09:16 PM
    when i open this thread was to talk about the possibilities of Watsa buying /investing or helping BBRY not to discuss about sales figures, other companies or anything else. Everyone is entitle to their opinion but i think that if you are going to talk about iphone you should go to iMore. Call me however you want(fanboy or any other name that come to your head) but let us enjoy this news that could be the best thing that happen to BBRY this year. FYI Apple has the WWCC(i think thats the name) tomorrow so i know theres a lot to talk on iMore and thank you in advance
    You're absolutely right. I'm sorry.

Posted via CB10
    LopeZ10 likes this.
    09-09-13 09:17 PM
    Where you hear that? Any links?

Posted via CB10
    This one got my attention. Not because it is verified, but it's not a terrible source, normally:

Pension funds cool to BlackBerry buyout overtures - The Globe and Mail
    09-09-13 09:18 PM
207 ... 56789