Waterloo talent is top-notch as far as software and hardware goes

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    What hardware are you taking about? because what came out this year is at least 1.5 yrs behind
    09-09-13 07:28 PM
    I hope this is true. Aside from our Amazon/BlackBerry fantasy, going private would be a relief to hear.
    Delisting a double-edged sword for struggling firms | ZDNet
    09-09-13 07:29 PM
    What hardware are you taking about? because what came out this year is at least 1.5 yrs behind
    Tell that to apple tell that to windows.... if you are going to use that argument why not apply it to the other 2 competitors to Samsung,Sony,HTC... arguably only Samsung is profiting off Android.

Posted via CB10
    STV0726 likes this.
    09-09-13 07:30 PM
    "BB10 devices aren't good enough to compete"
    Such a ******* lie and you know it...

Posted via CB10
    Given competition is judged, in this case, by sales....how would you rate the BB10 devices results so far? a. Pathetic b. Horrendous or c. Dismal?

Delusion only works for so long, Dave. Even you know that.
    mikeo007, xanadome and JeepBB like this.
    09-09-13 07:33 PM
    You forgot the perception factor... BlackBerry could of made the best damn phone in every aspect and it still wouldn't matter...

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:39 PM
    Am I right??? You are saying apple, windows and BlackBerry are 1.5 years behind Sony, Samsung and HTC in terms of hardware?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 07:40 PM
    You forgot the perception factor... BlackBerry could of made the best damn phone in every aspect and it still wouldn't matter...

Posted via CB10
    And yet they didn't, so no harm no foul.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-09-13 07:40 PM
    Mr. Watsa is a very interesting man; here is a mini bio. I don't get the impression that he is a man who would take BlackBerry and destory it, I get the impression that he is a builder and believes in solidarity.!
    This continues to drive my biggest question. Who will actually run the company? As far as a can tell, Watsa isn't experienced in that.
    09-09-13 07:49 PM
    And yet they didn't, so no harm no foul.
    Nice so you can't make a hypothesis based on what we know... I know for a fact that the iPhone 5 isn't superior to my Z10. the counter argument is always apps. Mine is sideloading and it only gets better each update.

Posted via CB10
    bombastic likes this.
    09-09-13 07:54 PM
    This continues to drive my biggest question. Who will actually run the company? As far as a can tell, Watsa isn't experienced in that.
    They'd either have to keep the old guard in, or splash out $55m and get rid of Heins. Between them, they'd know a decent CEO.

Personally, I can't see anyone pouring billions of dollars into a company that's losing money to keep doing what they've been doing. That's the first sign of insanity. There's going to be HUGE changes - probably a division or two sold off (hardware's my guess) and a return to profitable software services.

They'll need a razor gang installed. Heins will get his golden parachute along with a lot of the C Suite occupants. That's my guess anyway.
    09-09-13 07:56 PM
    Nice so you can't make a hypothesis based on what we know... I know for a fact that the iPhone 5 isn't superior to my Z10. the counter argument is always apps. Mine is sideloading and it only gets better each update.

Posted via CB10
    My iPhone 5 is vastly superior to the Z10 - and the Q10. So, see how this works Dave? Your "opinion" doesn't make it fact. You seem to have a problem with this.

My opinion is backed up with facts - i.e. sales figures. Your opinion is based on emotional drivel.
    mikeo007 and JeepBB like this.
    09-09-13 07:58 PM
    My iPhone 5 is vastly superior to the Z10 - and the Q10. So, see how this works Dave? Your "opinion" doesn't make it fact. You seem to have a problem with this.

My opinion is backed up with facts - i.e. sales figures. Your opinion is based on emotional drivel.
    McDonald's is the best food on the planet based on sales figures... yea.. no.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:00 PM
    Right??

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Actually, no it's not. I know people have spent a lot more money on real food from a supermarket than at McDonalds. Your ANALogy doesn't work.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-09-13 08:07 PM
    With due respect....
    Seriously, why do you think the man was lying, and for what?
    You obviously blindly worship BB10, and perhaps your experience, in your perception level, might justify it. Absolutely nothing wrong with it.
    But calling someone lying?
    There are a sufficient number of people in CB, who have the ability to pierce deeper than you can, and see where the shortcomings are.
    And yes, its their opinion. Mine as well, BTW. That does not mean they are bashing the BB10 for the sake of it.
    Sorry, there are too many blind believers here, that won't really help BBRY in any way.
    But each to his own, certainly.
    kevinnugent and mikeo007 like this.
    09-09-13 08:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol...great come back....I'm awarding the full 10 points!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:09 PM

Welcome to the world of fallacy. Sales figures have absolutely nothing to do with quality. Anyone over the age of 9 should know that.

Please take a look at the two that have decided to join the thread as antagonists.

One says the Z10 is 1.5 years behind because the specs don't match up to android manufacturers, who btw are in an arms race with each other. When several companies are selling the same os, they've got to find something to differentiate themselves. What have they decided to do? Race on specs, which makes sense since android is so resource heavy. They can compete by trying to get a smooth product.

And the other antagonist. 'iPhone is much better product than Z10'. Even though Z10 specs beat iPhone. Hey buddy, there's a guy up there that says your phone sucks because it's specs are so outdated.

There should be a lot of anger between these two. I say we stand aside, let them go at it, and we get back to enjoying our thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:12 PM
    Actually, while awarding points for brilliance, take note that the #1 selling food company in the world is Nestle. It's important that things be qualified so you know what your discussing. I like a lot of Nestle foods.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    09-09-13 08:14 PM
    Mere mentioning of iPhone seem to hit a sour spot in certain segment of the CB crowd, blurring everything they see, derailing discussions, LOL.
    09-09-13 08:15 PM
    Welcome to the world of fallacy. Sales figures have absolutely nothing to do with quality. Anyone over the age of 9 should know that.

Please take a look at the two that have decided to join the thread as antagonists.

One says the Z10 is 1.5 years behind because the specs don't match up to android manufacturers, who btw are in an arms race with each other. When several companies are selling the same os, they've got to find something to differentiate themselves. What have they decided to do? Race on specs, which makes sense since android is so resource heavy. They can compete by trying to get a smooth product.

And the other antagonist. 'iPhone is much better product than Z10'. Even though Z10 specs beat iPhone. Hey buddy, there's a guy up there that says your phone sucks because it's specs are so outdated.

There should be a lot of anger between these two. I say we stand aside, let them go at it, and we get back to enjoying our thread.

Posted via CB10
    Bad luck buddy. Why should there be antipathy between us when we are just stating our opinions? The difference between us and your little cache of fanboys is we don't try and foist our opinions on others as fact. We realise, as considerate adults, that we can have differing opinions and still live to tell about it. All you guys want to do is burn the house down of any dissenters.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-09-13 08:18 PM
    Mere mentioning of iPhone seem to hit a sour spot in certain segment of the CB crowd, blurring everything they see, LOL.
    Nah, the blur comes from the iPhone camera. Mere mentioning has more to do with poor call quality. Sour spot? Boy, take that Iphone out of your mouth! You're using it wrong!

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:18 PM

Hate to jump in on your argument but the best selling of something doesn't make it the best product. If that was true, we would all be Justin Bieber fans.

Posted via CB10
    der_mit and ghundiraj like this.
    09-09-13 08:20 PM

Posted via CB10
    It is not amazing.
    09-09-13 08:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know for a fact that the z10 is inferior to the iphone (see how easy that is). The z10 is a decent device, however it's missing way too many features (audio equalizer, headless api's, customization options just to name a few simple things ) that's preventing it from sitting at the table with iPhone /Samsung /htc/Nokia.
    09-09-13 08:24 PM
    Hate to jump in on your argument but the best selling of something doesn't make it the best product. If that was true, we would all be Justin Bieber fans.

Posted via CB10
    Justin Bieber has more fans that he deserves in my opinion. But I'd wager in his target audience (girls aged 10 -15) he's just about the hottest and best thing around. There's that opinion thing again. Like Blackberry, Justine Bieber isn't for everyone. And if Blackberry were like Justine Bieber, Blackberry should be very popular with their target market. I don't think they are. Or unless everyone loves them, but just doesn't actually buy them?
    09-09-13 08:24 PM
207 ... 45678 ...