You do realise that was a Yahoo link as well don't you?
    Yahoo wasn't doing the analysis, and yes, I know that is a Yahoo link. Various others reported it as well. Like here and here and here and the original source here.
    03-07-13 05:02 AM
    The Tin Foil Hat party must have been outstanding for this event.
    Guys, not everything is a US Media Conspiracy.
    03-07-13 05:49 AM
    The Tin Foil Hat party must have been outstanding for this event.
    Guys, not everything is a US Media Conspiracy.
    perhaps not everything, but too many, that much we know
    03-07-13 08:15 AM
    I'm kind-of speechless. Photoshopped or not, did anyone consider that she was actually participating in a demonstration of Time Shift? Making faces as it were so someone could show her how the Time Shift feature works? Someone in BlackBerry's German marketing team is going to get a "talking to" for this.
    Last edited by lorax1284; 03-07-13 at 08:42 AM.
    03-07-13 08:28 AM
    perhaps not everything, but too many, that much we know
    That much you believe and have been led to believe.

Lorax - why are you speechless? No bad news to pick on today?
    03-07-13 08:31 AM
    Clear bias, true but I thought it was established here that BlackBerry doesn't need the US market so why a big deal?
    Because people are gullible on the US stock market. Even if BB sells Apple and Samsung all over the world except US it still a failure.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    03-07-13 08:58 AM
    Yes, Americans are very gullible. Such uninformed protectionist and jingoist Canadian BS.
    Yep, Americans don't like BlackBerry because they are Canadians. We all got together and discussed it.
    03-07-13 09:26 AM
    Nevermind just in the US, seems to be happening in South Africa too
    This I came across this the other day on someones FB page. And if this wasnt paid for by Apple then Im a monkey's uncle, the prizes are iPhone5's for goodness sakes. Apple branding and advertising is plastered everywhere here.
    Alls good in love and war, but this is downright BLATANT, and competitive advertising like that, as in making an ad that shows another brand that is your competition in a negative light, is illegal in SA although I think it is legal in the US. The way they are getting around the law here is by calling them "apples" (not Apple) crushing "blackberries" (not BlackBerry). But the point and subliminal messages are all there and they state it pretty clearly in their press release.

And if you want to comment on the fact that Liqui-Fruit released a blackberry flavour first.... my question to you would be So What? I can tell you this much, no game like that was pushed around when their flavour was released
    http://za.news.yahoo.com/ceres-juice-company-gives-smartphone-wars-fruity-twist-041552649.html
    Ceres Fruit Juice launches Limited Edition Apple flavour :: Marketing Update
    Dapper37 likes this.
    03-07-13 02:00 PM
    You should complain to the local authorities. Just like all of those claiming stock manipulation by short sellers should take their proof to the SEC.
    03-07-13 02:08 PM
    You should complain to the local authorities. Just like all of those claiming stock manipulation by short sellers should take their proof to the SEC.
    As Chris Umiastowski notes in his excellent CB article, those things are notoriously hard to prosecute.

As usual, the financial industry in this country gets away with lots of things they shouldn't.
    03-07-13 02:57 PM
    And people like to blame their bad decisions (buying BlackBerry at 30 / 50 / 100) on the corrupt financial industry. Everyone is to blame except BlackBerry. They are blameless.

Can someone explain how the stock price is almost identical to where it was right after the launch? With all of the great news seen here, it should be up 50%, no?
    03-07-13 03:00 PM
    Can someone explain how the stock price is almost identical to where it was right after the launch? With all of the great news seen here, it should be up 50%, no?
    The stock dropped precipitously the day of the launch, and has continued dropping since then.

Research In Motion Limited Stock Chart | BBRY Interactive Chart - Yahoo! Finance
    03-07-13 03:04 PM
    I should add that there really is no rational reason for the stock to have dropped like that, particularly after it was clear as of the launch date that device availability would be delayed 4-6 weeks in the USA.
    03-07-13 03:05 PM
    And I completely agree with you, which is why I asked the question.
    03-07-13 03:06 PM
    Which was precisely the point of this thread, BTW.
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-07-13 03:07 PM
    I should add that there really is no rational reason for the stock to have dropped like that, particularly after it was clear as of the launch date that device availability would be delayed 4-6 weeks in the USA.
    Nothing is rational in the stock market...

Apple's shares tanked after a record quarter. The best in corporate history, ever.

There is a fundamental conflict of interest where analysts offer advice on companies where their employers have huge investments.
    howarmat likes this.
    03-07-13 03:21 PM
    The SEC doesn't protect anyone lol, it only makes it harder for honest people to do business.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-07-13 03:49 PM
    And people like to blame their bad decisions (buying BlackBerry at 30 / 50 / 100) on the corrupt financial industry. Everyone is to blame except BlackBerry. They are blameless.

Wall Street looks after Wall Street
    kingb71 likes this.
    03-07-13 05:33 PM
    Some positive news in the BBRY media-bashing world:

A seeking Alpha "analyst" (I quote that because as far as I know almost anyone can write for S-A, they are just looking for click revenue) who has written lots of bearish articles on BBRY seems to be changing his tune somewhat in his most recent couple of articles about the company: link.

And Peter Misek - a "real" investment analyst with Jeffries & Co. - who also had been consistently bearish on BBRY - has also started changing his tune as well, to the point of calling-out some of the recent BS that another analyst has recently spewed about BBRY: link.
    03-07-13 05:49 PM
    Did someone call it US protectionism?
    Last edited by trelawrence; 03-08-13 at 05:01 PM.
    03-08-13 09:00 AM
    The media isn't "protectionist". That just seems silly.

I can buy into the idea that negative BlackBerry stories generate web traffic a lot more easily than a vast media conspiracy to ruin BlackBerry and non American competitors.
    howarmat and Dapper37 like this.
    03-08-13 02:51 PM
    The media isn't "protectionist". That just seems silly.

I can buy into the idea that negative BlackBerry stories generate web traffic a lot more easily than a vast media conspiracy to ruin BlackBerry and non American competitors.
    Click-wh*ring is certainly some part of it, but I think the main reasons come down to Wall St stock price manipulation, and a certain amount of negativity seeded by competitors and their followers.
    sonbuster likes this.
    03-08-13 05:14 PM
    The last photo is a photoshop from the previous photo. The first & second photos clearly shows her excitement about the device she has in her hand. It doesn't take a genuius 2 know dat d third photo is a fake.
    anyone who's messed w/ photoshop can see it's definately been used here...
    03-08-13 05:50 PM
    Reuters moved both photos, both are from same photographer and the image in yahoo is NOT altered but they choose to use the one where she looks sad instead of the other one used in Germany. I have access to see all Reuters photos as part of my job, anyway Z10 rocks and soon the CEO of yahoo (among with the Cannacord analysts and Forbes reporters) will be biting her tongue and developing an app for BB10.
    Dapper37 and peter9477 like this.
    03-09-13 07:03 PM
    What a sourpuss. If true, and yahoo did photoshop that, seems like proof positive of a bias
    Somebody should file a defamation case against yahoo for the same.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-13 07:10 PM
81 1234