Interesting, especially when BBRY has been and continues to gain market share in the UK. Despite some poor management decisions within BBRY, its the miss-information, the nonsense BS, the Fact-LESS information, its negative articles with making opinions sound as if they were fact etc., are all responsible for dragging BBRY's name and image into the mud.

Anyhow, I've read that it was BBRY that re-called its BB10 devices, because they require a special firmware update, and can only be done by BBRY, and not just a simple update. This was the reasoning behind this news. So, taking this into account, NO, they did not drop BB10.
    11-18-13 11:06 PM
    Market share in the UK and many other European countries has been dropping according to Kantar, Great Britain dropped from 8.5% to 3.1% as of the quarter ending in September.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/windo...ll-europe-next

Sent from my LG-D803 using CB Forums mobile app
    richardat likes this.
    11-18-13 11:36 PM
    Unfortunately the bad news in the article was that EE have dropped the Z10 and are end of lining the Q10 with only a few handsets left. They will continue to carry the Q5.

EE is the largest UK network with 40% share
    11-19-13 02:59 AM
    Unfortunately the bad news in the article was that EE have dropped the Z10 and are end of lining the Q10 with only a few handsets left. They will continue to carry the Q5.

does this look about right?

UK 2nd Biggest Retailer Drops Blackberry Entirely-capture.png
    11-19-13 03:59 AM

Good to see that the Q5 might be doing well in UK.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 05:51 AM
    Since this is in the sub-forum of BBRY, the corporation, it is important that the truth is allowed to be posted.
    I am trying to follow your comments, it seems that you are biased against BB. We all know BlackBerry is going through some unpopular times...but still there's got to be something that you like about it, especially with amount of time you spend on this website

Posted via CB10
    Spawn12 likes this.
    11-19-13 01:09 PM
    I am trying to follow your comments, it seems that you are biased against BB. We all know BlackBerry is going through some unpopular times...but still there's got to be something that you like about it, especially with amount of time you spend on this website
    You know those train-wreck TV shows... disaster, carnage, mayhem... the terrible inevitability of the final gut-wrenching finale as the coaches derail and slide (in slow motion capture) inexorably over the bridge to plunge into the chasm far below... I can't tear my eyes away from shows like that... how about you?

I don't know why I posted the above. It obviously has nothing, nothing at all, to do with the situation BlackBerry has been going through over the last few months... nothing at all.

Keep Moving...
    mikeycollins13 and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 01:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    1. How do you know how much time I spend on this website?
    2. Do you own the site and are concerned about my presence?
    3. I am not biased against BB. I am biased against BBRY, the stock that I lost a chunk of money on due to sheer incompetence by the people in charge. I am biased against TH, who I made the mistake of believing.
    4. There is a nifty ignore feature. Don't like my posts, you don't have to read them.
    5. This board has mods. If they tell me to cease and desist some action, I will.
    mikeycollins13 and richardat like this.
    11-19-13 02:12 PM
    in a computer store here in DC area today, I was told by salesperson that BlackBerry was out if business.
    11-23-13 12:23 AM
    I really don't get why people like you will fish out any bad news relating to BB ... It is threads like this that will eventually kill BB altogether.
    I know this will be hard for you to believe, but it's actually people with misguided thinking like yours that brought the company down. It's an inability to accurately assess the reasons that things are happening.

Why post here? This is the news section of a BBRY-devoted site and it's huge BBRY news. This is the first place on the web to post it.

CB posts will kill BBRY? I can't even bring myself to comment.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-23-13 04:41 PM
    What I do not understand is why some folks feel compelled to come on a FAN SITE under the guise of "helping or adding value" to let us know some new found disaster or negative news. I'm not saying hide all the bad news to enable some sort of fantasy. We know what's going on in the outside world, no one needs to tell us !
    Probably it's the tidal wave of ridiculous assertion, obfuscation, muddy thinking and outright falsehood we've seen in here from a small but vocal group of BBRY fanboys. Someone needs to provide a reality check, right?

Also, it isn't just a fan site. It's a site devoted to all things BBRY. Including news. Right now, this is the only thing that matters about BBRY. Is there a future for the firm.
    11-23-13 04:48 PM
    They will likely be abandoning hardware and phone software and just go SAAS for the mobile market. BB10 will be in cars and just have ability to interface with iOS and Android devices.

Posted via CB10
    If no one want's BB10 on mobile, why the heck do you think they'd want it in the car.

Don't need BB10 in cars, just QNX.

And right on cue:
    Nov 22nd 2013 - Honda 2014 Civic first to iOS 7 mirroring with Siri update in the works
    Last edited by sinsin07; 11-23-13 at 07:39 PM.
    11-23-13 06:08 PM
    If no one want's BB10 on mobile, why the heck do you think they'd want it in the car.

Don't need BB10 in cars, just QNX.

And right on cue:
    Nov 22nd 2013 - Honda 2014 Civic first to iOS 7 mirroring with Siri update in the works
    Yup. Even John Chen agrees with you!

We have begun moving the company to embrace a multi-platform, BYOD world by adopting a new mobility management platform and a new device strategy. We are also leveraging our tremendous assets, including BBM, our network and QNX.

Spot the "adopting ... a new device strategy" wording and the notable omission of BB10 from that list of tremendous assets.

Statements from CEOs are carefully picked-over by lawyers to remove grounds for action long before they ever get released. Remember Thor's "BB10 sales have exceeded our expectations"? That was a masterpiece of misleading, but completely true and unactionable writing. No, if Chen had any plans for BB10 in BB's future, BB10 would be on that list instead of, or in addition to, QNX.

IMO BB10 and the phones are dead, dead, dead... though I suspect BB will keep poking the corpse with a stick to feign life until after the Xmas shopping period is done.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 11-24-13 at 02:48 PM.
    11-24-13 09:01 AM
    This thread is for things of interest to people who are now, were or are considering being owners of Blackberry Stock plus those who are curious about what the forum target audience is thinking. I do not see it as a "fan boy site" at all. Those who have a financial interest in the company want to know what is going on whether it is positive or negative. In fact to mislead investors can lead to both criminal and civil legal actions - witness all the class action suits already started.

The facts that major retailers are dropping Blackberry and that the thinking on the street in the US is that the company is history are important. If Blackberry is to survive management must address these issues fast and with competence (meaning NEW marketing and sales as well as corporate management in general). Those who buy stock at these prices are betting that will happen. What retailers are doing and the vision on the street are primary indicators about whether the new CEO gets it or if he is just rearranging the deck chairs. If the latter, then look to a stock price near or equal to $0.0.

The reason I look at this thread is to find out and relate my own observations.
    11-24-13 09:07 AM
    Interesting, especially when BBRY has been and continues to gain market share in the UK. Despite some poor management decisions within BBRY, its the miss-information, the nonsense BS, the Fact-LESS information, its negative articles with making opinions sound as if they were fact etc., are all responsible for dragging BBRY's name and image into the mud.

Anyhow, I've read that it was BBRY that re-called its BB10 devices, because they require a special firmware update, and can only be done by BBRY, and not just a simple update. This was the reasoning behind this news. So, taking this into account, NO, they did not drop BB10.
    What is your source for this information?
    11-24-13 09:11 AM
    Heh-heh. When a poster opens with a blatant lie such as "Interesting, especially when BBRY has been and continues to gain market share in the UK.", I think you can safely discount anything else said in his post.

But, for completeness, Phones4U denied that BB pulled their phones, for a firmware upgrade or at all!

Here's their denial, with apologies to Mike for stealing his post in its entirety from earlier in the thread.

Denied by Phones4U. Blackberry didn't recall the devices, sounds like a tale made up by a fanboy.

I have an important response from Phones4U, who say that Blackberry did not pull their stock as I was told. They do not refute lack of stock sadly: Please see below:

Thank you for getting in touch with your question.

Phones 4u hasn’t sent any BB10 stock back to BlackBerry, nor have they recalled any.

We believe choice is an essential part of any retail experience, and while stock availability may fluctuate, BlackBerry products will continue to be part of the extensive range of handsets we offer in-store and online.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

XXXXXXX
    11-24-13 09:35 AM
    Heh-heh. When a poster opens with a blatant lie such as "Interesting, especially when BBRY has been and continues to gain market share in the UK.", I think you can safely discount anything else said in his post.

But, for completeness, Phones4U denied that BB pulled their phones, for a firmware upgrade or at all!

Here's their denial, with apologies to Mike for stealing his post in its entirety from earlier in the thread.

Denied by Phones4U. Blackberry didn't recall the devices, sounds like a tale made up by a fanboy.

I have an important response from Phones4U, who say that Blackberry did not pull their stock as I was told. They do not refute lack of stock sadly: Please see below:

Thank you for getting in touch with your question.

Phones 4u hasn�t sent any BB10 stock back to BlackBerry, nor have they recalled any.

We believe choice is an essential part of any retail experience, and while stock availability may fluctuate, BlackBerry products will continue to be part of the extensive range of handsets we offer in-store and online.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

XXXXXXX
    And with this, I guess we are done with this thread.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 10:13 AM
    There is no source.

Great point by JeepBB above re: Chen's statement. It is absolutely true that those releases are parsed closely by the lawyers and the fact that BB10 isn't mentioned is a red flag for those who hope for the future of the handset business.

I will say again that the sales figures for the Z30 are going to cause the head-in-the-sand crowd no end of heartache as they spin round and round (upside down, presumably) claiming that it's only a flesh wound.
    JeepBB likes this.
    11-24-13 11:13 AM
    And with this, I guess we are done with this thread.

Posted via CB10
    yes they continue to offer BB7 devices - making the statement factually correct.
    11-24-13 12:38 PM
94 ... 234