Blackberry phones will still be available from online retailers, the op was just advising that buying from high street retailers in UK will soon not be an option, good news there are some bargains all reduced even Z30, and Z10`s at giveaway price, as a Blackberry owner Z10/Q5/Z30 and playbook I don`t like the bad news but better to know, and will enjoy my phones
    What ever happens.
    11-17-13 07:37 AM
    I do not see an issue here, as CarphoneWarehouse, which is #1 retailer in UK, has Z10, no issues. and very good price.
    11-17-13 07:56 AM
    Since this is in the sub-forum of BBRY, the corporation, it is important that the truth is allowed to be posted.
    11-17-13 09:25 AM
    Everyone needs to rein it in, or this thread will be closed!

Enough bickering, insults, and name-calling.

It's a good topic, so please continue to debate civilly or don't post at all.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-17-13 12:32 PM
    Enough bickering, insults, and name-calling.
    You could of corrected my typo whilst you was editing my post

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    11-17-13 01:25 PM
    I don't get it either. You start to think there are people on CB who are paid to post negativity and or create negative threads . BTW I have a SG4 .

Posted via CB10
    Paid to post negativity? I'll gladly do it for free!!!
    11-17-13 01:30 PM
    Lol I have yet to call him a troll, I've been said it's good information, I stated why I see problems with the original post, and I have not attacked him smh

I just find that if you come posting news, good or bad there are certain statements you should avoid, to avoid coming off as trollish, and I pointed out the eg's.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:37 PM
    Lol I have yet to call him a troll, I've been said it's good information, I stated why I see problems with the original post, and I have not attacked him smh

I just find that if you come posting news, good or bad there are certain statements you should avoid, to avoid coming off as trollish, and I pointed out the eg's.

Posted via CB10
    Btw, I more believe I was attacked and called names, not like it bothered me, *they're just words.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 11-17-13 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Removed new post from quote
    11-17-13 01:39 PM
    What do we expect? BlackBerry marketing is so minimal. In some markets it's non existant. Where I am in Toronto it is marketed but not as much as the competition. Retail space costs money and there really aren't that many people buying a BlackBerry device. I hope Chen changes that. Marketing is BlackBerrys fault. We cannot sit and blame retail carriers.
    11-17-13 01:49 PM
    What do we expect? BlackBerry marketing is so minimal. In some markets it's non existant. Where I am in Toronto it is marketed but not as much as the competition. Retail space costs money and there really aren't that many people buying a BlackBerry device. I hope Chen changes that. Marketing is BlackBerrys fault. We cannot sit and blame retail carriers.
    I agree with marketing it needs to be done, bb10 os is possibly the best os out there, and quite frankly being able to run android apps is a selling point to me it should be marketed!!! I BET JOLLA IS GOING TO COME IN AND PEOPLE WILL BE LIKE "OMG IT CAN RUN ANDROID APPS TOO "

Although to me, I doh think any amount of marketing can change the minds of the majority in North America. They would forever associate blackberries with the performance of legacy devices

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    11-17-13 02:10 PM
    I agree with marketing it needs to be done, bb10 os is possibly the best os out there, and quite frankly being able to run android apps is a selling point to me it should be marketed!!! I BET JOLLA IS GOING TO COME IN AND PEOPLE WILL BE LIKE "OMG IT CAN RUN ANDROID APPS TOO "

Although to me, I doh think any amount of marketing can change the minds of the majority in North America. They would forever associate blackberries with the performance of legacy devices

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely spot on sirjes. Running Android apps must be marketed before it is even released to everyone. They can time it with a device release. Any device. Make a cheap device with an amazing camera and that's all it takes. Next device after that should be premium.
    11-17-13 06:07 PM
    Absolutely spot on sirjes. Running Android apps must be marketed before it is even released to everyone. They can time it with a device release. Any device. Make a cheap device with an amazing camera and that's all it takes. Next device after that should be premium.

With what?

BBRY effectively has the cash to keep the lights on and the machine running but nothing more, even if they managed to finance such a device, where is the money coming from for marketing, advertising and carrier incentives?
    JeepBB, techvisor and richardat like this.
    11-18-13 02:16 AM
    It is threads like this that will eventually kill BB altogether.
    Ehh, sure! Cause obviously people posting about the second largest phone retailer dropping Blackberry, is a much bigger problem than the second biggest retailer dropping them in the first place... 😳😯😧

It's already a common belief among consumers that BBRY is done for and/or bankrupt. Posting about a setback for the company in this forum is a much smaller problem for BBRY than the management itself.
    m1a1mg, JeepBB, techvisor and 1 others like this.
    11-18-13 03:01 AM
    Agreed.

When BB phones become "special order" items and aren't stocked/advertised by retailers, well... it's not good. Without that presence on the high street, BB's task to convince that it is still in the game becomes harder.

And yet, sadly and predictably, this news was dismissed and OP attacked by the morons who believe that only happy-clappy news should be posted here on CB.

Thanks to OP for posting this.

And, for the morons who want to live in some fantastical wonderland where BB is a raging success story, I'm afraid you'll need to put your fingers in your ears much deeper and sing much louder to drown out reality.

Keep Moving...
    Don't you know only good news allowed..a major news of the week was Pfizer telling its 90,000 employees to get rid of their Blackberry in favor of Android or Iphones because they think Blackberry is going to disappear soon..no mention anywhere on this site but if company xyz adopt few hundred devices there are articles and posts all over..very sad when people cannot accept reality.
    JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    11-18-13 03:32 AM
    Sometimes it's like one giant Group Think where heretics attempting any sort of open discussion are flamed. Really very silly. At the least the Mod here accepted this topic as valid. Thank you for that.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB, techvisor and richardat like this.
    11-18-13 04:53 AM
    This is big news and it seems to be the truth! :-(
    11-18-13 05:29 AM
    So... what you're saying is... we better start scooping up all these babies before we can't find a place to buy them right? lol
    11-18-13 05:48 AM
    in generall - one of retailers drop BB Z10. But other - doesn't.

why you are ******** around? go to another one and buy it from there.
    11-18-13 06:05 AM
    This is bad news altogether and no way to put a positive spin on it. It can't spell positive for BB. I hope the apps can do the trick and should be marketed aggressively (I don't want to derail the discussion with issues around the legality of the Android app stores on BB10). If apps are assumed to be addressed by the android market (and let's assume this for a moment), there is still the specs battle as well as the price battle. Perhaps the biggest hurdle to overcome is none of the above. Perhaps that hurdle is consumer perception. Just my two cent, coming from a BB supporter.
    11-18-13 06:05 AM
    Sometimes it's like one giant Group Think where heretics attempting any sort of open discussion are flamed. Really very silly. At the least the Mod here accepted this topic as valid. Thank you for that.

Posted via CB10
    after 300post you dont know ?

in CB some fans in here expect this site only for BB support group...they want you to stop distributing negative news, or critic BB. but when you give them good news about BB they will worship BB and start bash other platform.

they want unbalance news far from reality...
    techvisor likes this.
    11-18-13 06:30 AM
    BlackBerry can't market it as sideloading .apk files is of dubious legality. If they attract Google's attention and that of their developers things could go very wrong for BlackBerry and the use of the Android VM.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:31 AM
    Well I am not surprised, none of my friends use Blackberry here in the United Kingdom. Whilst I used to see loads of people with Blackberries I have not seen one for weeks now. When I speak my friends about their Blackberry experience they told me that they have not regretted switching to iOS, WP8 or Android devices.
    11-18-13 08:49 AM
    BlackBerry can't market it as sideloading .apk files is of dubious legality. If they attract Google's attention and that of their developers things could go very wrong for BlackBerry and the use of the Android VM.

Posted via CB10
    Never said anything about "side loading"

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:57 AM
    LOL at this thread, phones 4 u are possibly the biggest ****ing cowboys that have ever been allowed to sell mobile phones. I used them a few yrs ago and that was enough to put me off for life, but yes i went into a p4u shop a couple of weeks ago to enquire about the Z30, only to be told that Blackberry is dead. After i stopped laughing at the guy who tried to sell me an iphone or an Android, telling him numerous times that i dont have any use for either of those devices. To which he kept asking why and that they are a million times better etc etc.

Even the store manager was saying the same thing but more to the tune that come end of Dec a blackberry will be a useless brick. I challenged him and asked him show me hard proof that Blackberry is dead by Dec. He couldnt, all he could find were articles about Blackberry being bought out or going private, which didnt happen and even when i showed him a page from crackberry he was still adamant that Blackberry was dead by Dec.

I walked out laughing at them and promising myself to never ever buy or walk into any of their stores.

I have bought a brand new Z30 from amazon uk for �398 sim with next day shipping for an extra �5. Fact is they shouldnt be spouting such utterly awful mis-information about Blackberry especially the part about Blackberry being dead by Dec. No wonder people wont buy them but ive managed to convince 2 of my iphone friends and 3 Android friends to change to the Z30...which they have and are very very happy with their devices.
    11-18-13 09:05 AM
    That avatar because I think we may be doomed here. I don't see a way out that saves the consumer division.

There is just so much negativity towards the brand. We had the come 'back kid' story back in Feb-May. Now its the dead man walking.... So I'm mourning this brand. I just don't see a way out.

Heins and co trashed this company while partying at 50,000ft on private jet($) and laying people off.
    Excellent, so it's dead then, delete the account and move on and we will ride it out til the end peacefully, none of this *** hat last nail dead in the water comments! Enjoy forums elsewhere please, give them our regards.

And by the way, this is no means telling you what to do it is the perception you are giving, so I am basically guiding you into what any sane person would do that feels your way.
    Later, have a good day!

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    11-18-13 09:15 AM
94 1234