The UK is Blackberry's most successful market, which is why blackberry launched the BB10 platform here.

The biggest two retailers here are Carphonewarehouse and Phones4U. They carry a lot of weight as it is basically a duopoly with CarphoneWharehouse ahead by a margin.

I went to phones4U buy a Moto G (amazing) as I have sold my Z10, (I use the Q10) and the salesman there said he didn't know when they last sold blackberries, it had been months... They don't even sell them online NONE...how sad. A far cry from my February store visits and a sure sign of the times. Heins has killed this brand.

This company had the Z10 in white exclusively and sold a ton. Not anymore. It's game over.
    1stTry and richardat like this.
    11-16-13 03:46 PM
    The UK is Blackberry's most successful market, which is why blackberry launched the BB10 platform here.

The biggest two retailers here are Carphonewarehouse and Phones4U. They carry a lot of weight as it is basically a duopoly with CarphoneWharehouse ahead by a margin.

I went to phones4U buy a Moto G (amazing) as I have sold my Z10, (I use the Q10) and the salesman there said he didn't know when they last sold blackberries, it had been months... They don't even sell them online NONE...how sad. A far cry from my February store visits and a sure sign of the times. Heins has killed this brand.

This company had the Z10 in white exclusively and sold a ton. Not anymore. It's game over.
    Yup. I went phones 4u, and they didn't have it... went to 3, and sales guy told tghat BB is dead now...

Well, then i went to carphonewarehouse and bought z10 off contract. Had both, black and white. So i took black.

So today I got a bargain : Z10 for 179.99!!! Btw, cpwh sell stl100-1 STL100-2 !
    Last edited by yessuz; 11-16-13 at 04:36 PM.
    11-16-13 03:54 PM
    They do still carry a couple of BBOS devices but yes nothing from BB10 and also I notice if you go to the dropdown of OEMs, BBRY's name no longer appears...
    11-16-13 03:55 PM
    You nuts! Should got a Moto G for 135 and downloaded BBM!!!
    11-16-13 03:55 PM

I really don't get why people like you will fish out any bad news relating to BB and start a thread like this. You use your Moto - that's great but why even bother with this thread like does anyone even care anymore? I have an iphone 5s, a Nokia Lumia & several high end Android phones but I don't come here trying to drag down BB anymore than it already has been. It is threads like this that will eventually kill BB altogether.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    11-16-13 03:57 PM
    I really don't get why people like you will fish out any bad news relating to BB and start a thread like this. You use your Moto - that's great but why even bother with this thread like does anyone even care anymore? I have an iphone 5s, a Nokia Lumia & several high end Android phones but I don't come here trying to drag down BB anymore than it already has been. It is threads like this that will eventually kill BB altogether.
    Pointing out that the second largely mobile retailer in the important market of the UK no longer carries bb10 devices strikes me as a little more than "fishing out bad news", it's simple more evidence of a pattern - BBRY's carrier network is starting to collapse - how do you convince people to buy your devices when mainstream partners don't stock them?
    11-16-13 04:01 PM
    Clearly you only read what you want and not what I wrote: I USE A Q10.

Posting here is open discussion about facts, not a blacked out Blackberry Happy Clappy World. If you cannot handle the discussion, I suggest you go read another forum.
    11-16-13 04:09 PM
    The main thing to note about when businesses go off a cliff that they tend to accelerate, so at the outset, we would expect to see a few carriers drop out and the more and more in shorter and shorter periods of time.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-16-13 04:18 PM
    The main thing to note about when businesses go off a cliff that they tend to accelerate, so at the outset, we would expect to see a few carriers drop out and the more and more in shorter and shorter periods of time.
    I did so many store visits last winter interviewing store staff and they were so positive. What a difference in 6 months.

Very Sad. Heins blew it badly.
    techvisor, richardat and ElGusta like this.
    11-16-13 04:40 PM
    hopefully John Chen can change BBRY Tradition (lame and slow in everything).
    11-16-13 04:52 PM
    to add to the pain this is what i get searching blackberry phones

UK 2nd Biggest Retailer Drops Blackberry Entirely-phones4u.jpg
    11-16-13 05:23 PM
    I don't get it either. You start to think there are people on CB who are paid to post negativity and or create negative threads . BTW I have a SG4 .

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:13 PM
    I have no problem with you coming here to share that information,

But your pic and that last line "it's game over"
    Leaves the sense that you're totally against blackberry...

And the brand ain't dead btw, because one big company isn't selling it really? Signs of the times? Lol

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    11-16-13 06:18 PM
    I don't get it either. You start to think there are people on CB who are paid to post negativity and or create negative threads . BTW I have a SG4 .

Posted via CB10
    I agree. It is weird. Some posters have been posting negatively here for years. It's a strange existence.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-13 06:20 PM
    It ain't over till it's over.

Posted from Z10 via CB10
    epark88 likes this.
    11-16-13 07:36 PM
    That avatar because I think we may be doomed here. I don't see a way out that saves the consumer division.

There is just so much negativity towards the brand. We had the come 'back kid' story back in Feb-May. Now its the dead man walking.... So I'm mourning this brand. I just don't see a way out.

Heins and co trashed this company while partying at 50,000ft on private jet($) and laying people off.
    techvisor likes this.
    11-16-13 08:08 PM
    I went to a 3 store in the UK yesterday, asking about a Z30. She looked at me as I have 2 heads. I have a Z10 and want to pass it on to the wife so I can get the Z30. Will buy online instead now.Long time BBRY holder and fan.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:24 AM
    I have no problem with you coming here to share that information,

But your pic and that last line "it's game over"
    Leaves the sense that you're totally against blackberry...

And the brand ain't dead btw, because one big company isn't selling it really? Signs of the times? Lol

Posted via CB10
    it's not just one company ..

there already several carrier and store not selling BB phone anymore or only online order....the OP just want to add other company to that list...

even if OP seems like trolling....it is still good information
    techvisor likes this.
    11-17-13 04:19 AM
    I think Vodafone is the only network who directly has the z30?
    11-17-13 04:20 AM
    My local phones4u still has a display up as of yesterday with z10's and q10's and q5's. No z30 currently though. Might be store specific

Sent from my Q10 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    11-17-13 04:28 AM
    My local phones4u still has a display up as of yesterday with z10's and q10's and q5's. No z30 currently though. Might be store specific

Sent from my Q10 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    I would think that is inventory burn off, the website has nothing at all which is the better indicator.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk
    11-17-13 06:21 AM
    This can't be good.
    11-17-13 06:36 AM
    This can't be good.
    Agreed.

When BB phones become "special order" items and aren't stocked/advertised by retailers, well... it's not good. Without that presence on the high street, BB's task to convince that it is still in the game becomes harder.

And yet, sadly and predictably, this news was dismissed and OP attacked by the morons who believe that only happy-clappy news should be posted here on CB.

Thanks to OP for posting this.

And, for the morons who want to live in some fantastical wonderland where BB is a raging success story, I'm afraid you'll need to put your fingers in your ears much deeper and sing much louder to drown out reality.

Keep Moving...
    anon8091350, imz, m1a1mg and 6 others like this.
    11-17-13 06:55 AM
    I also don't think the OP deserves all this flack. This is kind of major news; though, I guess it'll be less major if the number of carriers/retailers dropping Blackberry increases and/or accelerates.

If this is how Blackberry is being received in the UK, one of its best markets, its future in consumer markets is closing fast. I guess the writing was on the wall when Rogers tried dropping Blackberry.
    11-17-13 07:14 AM
    UK 2nd biggest retailer drops BlackBerry
    = OP is a troll
    = wtf are you doing on the site
    = tired if your negativity

UK 2nd biggest retailer embraces BlackBerry
    = +1000 likes!!!
    = this will show the naysayers!!
    = Chen is bringing back BlackBerry!!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by elite1; 11-17-13 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Removed insult
    JeepBB, garnok, m1a1mg and 8 others like this.
    11-17-13 07:32 AM
94 123 ...