To boost demand for z10 or q10, bb should do a trade in program. Heck HTC offered me $100 for an old bb curve to get the htc one. BB should match this. Who knows it may just work.
    07-01-13 02:43 PM
    To boost demand for z10 or q10, bb should do a trade in program. Heck HTC offered me $100 for an old bb curve to get the htc one. BB should match this. Who knows it may just work.
    Were you being serious?

https://tradeup.blackberry.com/en/ca/web/home.html

check it out
    it's alive.....but I suspect not many folks know about the damn program. And you already know why.
    AnimalPak200 and Lendo like this.
    07-01-13 02:51 PM
    I was just about to post that too
    07-01-13 02:53 PM
    Were you being serious?

check it out
    it's alive.....but I suspect not many folks know about the damn program. And you already know why.
    My bad. Wow if current bb7 owners who are looking to upgrade to bb10 doesn't even take advantage of this then what hope is there.
    07-01-13 02:55 PM
    Sad that not even a Crackberry user (no offense to OP) is aware that this exists and has been provided by Blackberry for years. What a waste.
    07-01-13 02:57 PM
    My bad. Wow if current bb7 owners who are looking to upgrade to bb10 doesn't even take advantage of this then what hope is there.
    The questions is: If they don't even know they can do it...then how can they take part. That is the function of marketing.....it is a function of business that our beloved company does so poorly. Big Sigh!!
    07-01-13 02:58 PM
    The questions is: If they don't even know they can do it...then how can they take part. That is the function of marketing.....it is a function of business that our beloved company does so poorly. Big Sigh!!
    These guys want people to pay full price. Oh well I got mine at rogers at a promo price of 99.99.
    07-01-13 03:01 PM
    Sad that not even a Crackberry user (no offense to OP) is aware that this exists and has been provided by Blackberry for years. What a waste.
    100 bucks in prepaid is not bad, heck bb should double it and "sell like hell" lol that always made me laugh - didn't really caught on though.
    07-01-13 03:04 PM
    AT&T are currently running a promotion where you trade in your old phone for 50% off a group of new ones - one of them is the Z10. So there is that promotion as well.
    07-01-13 03:10 PM
    AT&T are currently running a promotion where you trade in your old phone for 50% off a group of new ones - one of them is the Z10. So there is that promotion as well.
    Yeah well too late for me but I may take HTC up on their offer for the One, I've heard a lot of great things about it.
    07-01-13 03:13 PM
    AT&T is also running an online program where you get the Z10 for half-price with no trade in. I did the trade in at the store
    That is still available, I believe.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    07-01-13 03:50 PM
    Who cares if this is being offered. There strategy is flawed!!! We need to get new users to this platform. The trade in program is only valid for those with existing blackberries. Not some one with and android phone, windows phone or an iphone.
    07-01-13 04:18 PM
    some BBOS'ers just aren't upgrading,,, they see too many issues making it not worth the switch...
    07-01-13 04:22 PM
    Were you being serious?

check it out
    The HTC promo works with phones from other manufacturers, and they give a $100 flat fee for phones that would normally not qualify, or qualify for less than the $100 offered. The BB trade in site doesn't even list all of BB's newer models...
    07-01-13 06:08 PM
    I would take advantage of this to upgrade from my Bold 9930 to the Z10 but I still have a year left on my 2 year contract. Verizon said I have to pay the full amount of $599 if I want to upgrade early. The $93.00 refund from Blackberry doesn't help that much. Better than nothing, but not enough.
    07-03-13 03:02 PM
    I would take advantage of this to upgrade from my Bold 9930 to the Z10 but I still have a year left on my 2 year contract. Verizon said I have to pay the full amount of $599 if I want to upgrade early. The $93.00 refund from Blackberry doesn't help that much. Better than nothing, but not enough.
    I thought you only pay the remainder of full price ($599 - prorated left on 2 year contract). As in.. the penalty is up to the $599 at the start but decreases thereafter.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 03:26 PM

Probably best to offer the z10 with this incentive just {edit:} prior post the A10 launch.

That said, the HTC one is a nice device (minus Android OS (IMHO)), but I doubt HTC one margins are even close to BlackBerry 10 margins, and besides, look at the HTC stock price; steady decline over some time now.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 07-11-13 at 09:11 PM.
    07-04-13 11:32 PM