06-28-13 05:55 PM
41 12
tools
    Lol I thought 8% was a lot but 20 wow I hope we recover some id gladly take 8 percent now gross

GAAP loss from continuing operations of $84 million, or $0.16 per share
    Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $67 million, or $0.13 per share

Those two lines hurt from the press release. Everything else was relatively positive.Obviously RIM/BB is doing very well in their cash, up ~8% from last quarter (to 3.1B), but posting losses on the first full quarter of availability of BB10 is not a good thing, especially on increased shipments. Obviously more detail is needed, especially regarding LATAM (a historically strong area for BB).
    06-28-13 07:30 AM
    so much for "ANY surprise" on earnings...lol

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:00 AM
    GAAP loss from continuing operations of $84 million, or $0.16 per share
    Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $67 million, or $0.13 per share

Those two lines hurt from the press release. Everything else was relatively positive.Obviously RIM/BB is doing very well in their cash, up ~8% from last quarter (to 3.1B), but posting losses on the first full quarter of availability of BB10 is not a good thing, especially on increased shipments. Obviously more detail is needed, especially regarding LATAM (a historically strong area for BB).
    It all means that they don't know how to run their business.
    06-28-13 08:03 AM
    forget about the thread titled, "Kevin lied to us..." And start one that says "Thorsten lied to us..." Were there ANY firms that thought it would be this bad? I don't see how with an average consensus of 7 cents EARNINGS...a surprise on the loss end this huge? I call shenanigans!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 08:05 AM
    Currently I feel there is a 93 percent chance we are dropping hard tomorrow. I thought we would catch a turn around later in the afternoon but we tanked. The daily charts don't look great and we are heading the wrong way on the bollinger band.

I didn't sell any shares and picked up 100 more but I don't see us having a chance tomorrow.

Long term yes but market wise I don't figure.

Let's hope tomorrow we can look back at this and laugh. I'm excited for this earnings report but if I'm honest with myself I just can't see a good day at all tomorrow. Seems like when you think something is going up forsure it doesnt.

Look at Nike beating expectations and yet goes down in after hours.

Don't want to ruin the parade of emotions its just going by what I know I don't see any good that will come even if the earnings are great
    You were correct.....
    21stNow likes this.
    06-28-13 09:34 AM
    I had a feeling this was going to occur. The only reason is the three people I personally knew that bought a bbry returned it within a two week timeframe.

Blackberry, as a company, is dying the slowest death of any company I have seen. Only hopes now are that someone buys them out.
    06-28-13 09:56 AM
    OP, let me revise my comments....Tomorrow the stock will drop...and the beginning of the end for the liars at BlackBerry will begin
    Yeah, that's what I MEANT to say...damn auto-correct
    EvanRitch likes this.
    06-28-13 10:02 AM
    OP is a wizard.
    06-28-13 10:33 AM
    OP, let me revise my comments....Tomorrow the stock will drop...and the beginning of the end for the liars at BlackBerry will begin
    Yeah, that's what I MEANT to say...damn auto-correct
    That should have begun when they made Alicia Keys the Chief Marketing Officer. Given the lack/poor quality of promotion that we have seen of BlackBerry 10 products in the US (Keys' home country), that has to be one of the worst business decisions that I have seen this year.
    06-28-13 10:42 AM
    OP, I read your comment yesterday but didn't comment because I didn't understand why you would buy 100 shares yesterday if you thought that the stock would drop today. Was it loyalty? Now that your prediction has come true, are you still happy with your decision?
    06-28-13 10:44 AM
    Well it was an impulse buy on the dip like a great sale. I should have used reason and realized that before earnings sometimes companies go up or down on insider information. If i actually thought about it I should have been patient. Just really believed we were doing better then ok based on the fact that Iphone has lost some popularity and thr Samsung Galaxy 4 wasnt a MUST BUY. As well as businesses switching to the Q10 I thought so.

Put emotions into my buy when clearly I was thinking that today wouldnt be so great. Weird how that happens
    21stNow likes this.
    06-28-13 10:55 AM
    You seemingly called it, Evan.

So...which lottery numbers should I choose for today?
    06-28-13 12:30 PM
    Lol you know what made me laugh today. I was walking in this small mall in Toronto and when I looked at someone who looked worried or lost I wondered if they also owned Blackberry stocks lol it made me laugh as I feel that way and it probably shows haha
    06-28-13 12:45 PM
    Well it was an impulse buy on the dip like a great sale. I should have used reason and realized that before earnings sometimes companies go up or down on insider information. If i actually thought about it I should have been patient. Just really believed we were doing better then ok based on the fact that Iphone has lost some popularity and thr Samsung Galaxy 4 wasnt a MUST BUY. As well as businesses switching to the Q10 I thought so.

Put emotions into my buy when clearly I was thinking that today wouldnt be so great. Weird how that happens
    Thanks for the answer and not taking my question the wrong way. I was genuinely curious. I hope that things work out for you and your investments.
    06-28-13 02:49 PM
    Why did you buy 100 more shares?? Didn't say much for your prediction. Covering all your bases I guess.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 05:15 PM
    This thread is like reading the book of revelations.
    06-28-13 05:55 PM
41 12