Currently I feel there is a 93 percent chance we are dropping hard tomorrow. I thought we would catch a turn around later in the afternoon but we tanked. The daily charts don't look great and we are heading the wrong way on the bollinger band.

I didn't sell any shares and picked up 100 more but I don't see us having a chance tomorrow.

Long term yes but market wise I don't figure.

Let's hope tomorrow we can look back at this and laugh. I'm excited for this earnings report but if I'm honest with myself I just can't see a good day at all tomorrow. Seems like when you think something is going up forsure it doesnt.

Look at Nike beating expectations and yet goes down in after hours.

Don't want to ruin the parade of emotions its just going by what I know I don't see any good that will come even if the earnings are great
    06-27-13 08:54 PM
    93% is an odd number lol.
    In more seriousness, it's estimated that sales and shipments were high for both the Q and the Z, and even BGR seems to be admitting that BlackBerry might not be dead. What's the cause for the pessimism?
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    06-27-13 09:05 PM
    Currently I feel there is a 93 percent chance we are dropping hard tomorrow. I thought we would catch a turn around later in the afternoon but we tanked. The daily charts don't look great and we are heading the wrong way on the bollinger band.

I didn't sell any shares and picked up 100 more but I don't see us having a chance tomorrow.

Let's hope tomorrow we can look back at this and laugh. I'm excited for this earnings report but if I'm honest with myself I just can't see a good day at all tomorrow. Seems like when you think something is going up forsure it doesnt.

Don't want to ruin the parade of emotions its just going by what I know I don't see any good that will come even if the earnings are great
    I'm not going to say you are wrong to feel the way you do except for one thing.....looking at the charts for tomorrow. On days like this, the charts are not in play. When we rode to our high in January, a chartist wouldn't have seen that coming. When we dropped like a stone on the news from DF, the charts wouldn't see that as well. News trumps charts and tomorrow's news will either take us up or down. I personally see a tug of war and the side that can throw the most money on the table wins.

Now, with that said, I can appreciate your anxiety going into tomorrow after making your purchase today but hold yourself to your plan. Don't let emotions get in the way, weather they be fear or hope. Keep a level head and do the math. Get in or out within your comfort zone. If it goes up, don't be afraid to sell for a hope it will go higher and you don't want to miss it. If it goes down, don't be afraid to sell to minimize loss or lock in a small profit. Do what you can do and make sure you trade within your comfort zone.

Now.... Have a beer, smoke a bowl, chill, and daydream like you do when you buy a lottery ticket
    06-27-13 09:12 PM
    It might but probably not.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:16 PM
    tomorrow the stock will drop, and rise, drop some, and rise some....
    06-27-13 09:18 PM
    Q4 last time seemed really good 1 million shipped.
    Money was good
    We beat the street

yet instead of having a good or ok day we got smashed hard.

Its not like we finished flat either we got destroyed.

This time I feel its the same.
    We saw it today
    We saw it yesterday, the battle for 15.

Sure Bulls have moved the stock a few times. But when the Bears want to stop us they can easily, or so it seems.

Its easy to read everything and get excited and I am. But I've been in this situation many times it never ends great. Sometimes ok but nothing earth shattering like most here hope for. I am long and hold onto the glimmer of hope I have. However I feel l'm writing this tomorrow night already and that we finished down 8 percent on the day even with good news.
    06-27-13 09:18 PM
    Ill say we finish -8 percent tomorrow. I really hope I'm wrong at least it will feel even better to be wrong.
    06-27-13 09:22 PM
    Ill say we finish -8 percent tomorrow. I really hope I'm wrong at least it will feel even better to be wrong.
    Can't happen unless there's some really questionable news in that report.
    06-27-13 09:26 PM
    lol -8% god bbry would have to go out of business to get slapped that hard
    06-27-13 09:39 PM
    Not a chance in He!!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 09:43 PM
    OP, you weren't finished before you hit "post."
    The title was supposed to say, "Tomorrow the stock will drop....a bomb on shorts" I've been in RIMM/BBRY shares for awhile....and the rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated...aren't we supposed to have been "dead" already? Short interest is at an all-time high. ANY surprise on earnings or units sold, will result in a short squeeze to $16-$18. It will float up to the low-mid $20s, over the next 4-6 weeks, then another round of shorts will come in for the next quarter, when at that time, they MIGHT be right (after the BB faithful have all upgraded).
    fedakd likes this.
    06-27-13 10:00 PM
    OP, you weren't finished before you hit "post."
    The title was supposed to say, "Tomorrow the stock will drop....a bomb on shorts" I've been in RIMM/BBRY shares for awhile....and the rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated...aren't we supposed to have been "dead" already?
    For about 3 years now... I keep waiting.. never seems to come though, funny that.
    fedakd likes this.
    06-27-13 10:03 PM
    For about 3 years now... I keep waiting.. never seems to come though, funny that.
    its forgotten that there are still people in the world that still believe in what BlackBerry stands for, and there is no amount of coolness or hype that will change their minds
    06-27-13 10:13 PM
    Misek is a former BlackBerry bear. He himself was one of the guys who announced the BBRY death knell....and then admitted, "I was wrong." He is no fanboy, and I personally think he is one of the better analysts due to his ability to eat crow like a man

BBRY: Jefferies Cheers BES, RBC Sees ‘Q5′ Filling Channel - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    take99 and theRock1975 like this.
    06-27-13 10:17 PM
    it could go up 8% or down 8%.....you cant say it wont lol
    06-27-13 10:26 PM
    Why don't you guys go to sleep, wake up and just be ready for the report.

If you don't believe that tomorrow's report will be respectful, then how is it possible that you have vision for longer term? Let's cheer on a strong quarter from Blackberry. Here's to a strong comback.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 10:33 PM
    You do realize that because of your 93% feeling that it will likely turn out contrary to what you think? We are after all just figments of your imagination and really you are constructing this reality to feel even more elated tomorrow. We are all reclined with you looking at nothing but your shoes. As part of your reality I for one feel like we should do as another poster already stated and chill, smoke a bowl. Up or down its all about the ride. Thanks for the trip thus far and the ever present shoes!
    06-27-13 11:59 PM
    Last quarter... there were 30+ million less shares shorted. It's getting tight, supply/demand of available shortable shares.

Reports of cost of borrowing going up (shorters), etc.

It's risky to be long, but hell lot riskier to be short atm (imo).
    You know what happens when you get shorter and shorter? You disappear and then because you went poof you are not short anymore. You're just nothing - poof! Famous last words of the shorters - now you see me, now you don't.
    06-28-13 12:02 AM

06-28-13 12:17 AM
    Guys,

You all are talking from your point of view. However I do agree with OP that maybe in your country (US) the sale are increasing however outside US in my case Indonesia (one of BB largest selling BB) are not doing well at all. Now this situation will cause problem on STOCK as describe by the OP. Sooo again please, I know this is a Crackberry forum and you guys all love BB just like I love my Z10 but cmon if you bash everyone who give a realistic comment that might not sound great regarding BB is also not nice...

Just my .02cents
    06-28-13 01:07 AM
    Evan
    I agree based on contrarian sentiment.
    Expectations are so high that we will go down even with a marginal beat. Would you mind posting some of your methods? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:09 AM
    Hi just to make things easy can someone please tell me in how many hours would the earnings report come out? Or what is the relevant time zone?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:47 AM
    Earnings come out 7am eastern and conference call at 8. Thanks for all the comments. Again I want to say I think our numbers will be good. Things overall seem good for us to keep growing. I believe in this turn around. I just dont believe in this trading day today. Yet im still in hoping in wrong
    06-28-13 02:43 AM
    its forgotten that there are still people in the world that still believe in what BlackBerry stands for, and there is no amount of coolness or hype that will change their minds
    A VERY poor reason to invest. Letting you heart decide your investments is not logical.
    06-28-13 05:34 AM
    Lol I thought 8% was a lot but 20 wow I hope we recover some id gladly take 8 percent now gross
    06-28-13 06:16 AM
41 12