If you bought BBRY beginning of the year 2000, yes beginning of this century, you would have paid $22-23 a share. Since then the smartphone business went through one of the most spectacular rise ever seen in any industry and BBRY shareholders, instead of making a fortune, lost money.
    So muchy for the long term fellas.
    For BBRY to trade anything under 50 or even 60, is totally unacceptable. Does BBRY deserve that valuation.. absolutely. It has the technology, the assets to trade at 60, but for the lack of market-savvy of the Team and the Board at BBRY that is totally betrayed by a horrible PR and IR department.
    It is so sad to see such a great company be trashed by the manipulators and there is nobody at BBRY who can counter these lying manipulators.
    06-13-13 10:21 AM
    Why did you not just tack this onto one of your many other threads about poor PR, etc?
    06-13-13 10:32 AM
    TH and his crew have done a fantastic job turning BlackBerry around. Great things to come. Long and strong for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-13-13 10:42 AM
    And that, as they say, is one man's opinion.
    06-13-13 10:44 AM
    Faucette is that you? Personally I see this as a new company not the same at all. Just the name and keyboard are the same. The Branding lost its luster last time. Now the brand is fresh and nice. This new Blackberry needs time but its getting there
    Thunderbuck and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-13-13 10:47 AM
    Nope, not Faucette here. Just someone not willing to risk money on BlackBerry. I made a lot of money in the past. They have a lot of trust to rebuild.
    The brand is still damaged (except on some fan related websites). See what the results look like in two weeks. Even savior Prem Watsa feels the value is $17.
    06-13-13 10:55 AM
    I thought schools taught the difference between fact and opinion in the third grade?
    06-13-13 10:58 AM
    Faucette is that you? Personally I see this as a new company not the same at all. Just the name and keyboard are the same. The Branding lost its luster last time. Now the brand is fresh and nice. This new Blackberry needs time but its getting there
    So blackberry (the bad word for most) changing their company name from RIM (most people didn't even know) to blackberry helps how in this regard?
    06-13-13 11:02 AM
    The name changes a lot. It is less confusing. The shows that the company is focusing on the brand.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:16 AM
    Well according to this Stock:Research in Motion (RIMM)/WikiChart if you bought RIMM stock on January 18, 2000 you would have paid $9.20 a share. You would have to wait until March 15, 2000 for RIMM stock to break the $20 barrier at $20.01 but then it fell to $6.05 by May 10, 2000. It wouldn't cross $20 again until October 13, 2004 when it went to $25.97 a share. It would continue its rise until May 29, 2008 when it would hit its peak at $138.98 a share. Its at some point in the next few months that you would start to consider selling your shares at it fell to $97.84 a share by September 22, 2008 and $42.24 by November 17, 2008. It would take one more rise to $75.98 by September 3, 2009 before beginning its long descent to $7.15 a share by September 10, 2012. Now, if you didn't sell your RIMM shares (that you initially paid $9.20 for on January 18, 2000) between May of 2008 ($138.98) and September of 2009 ($75.98), I'm not really sure what you were expecting.

This link RESEARCH IN MOTION LIMITED Share Price Chart | RIM.TO - Yahoo! UK & Ireland Finance shows that it started at $11.96 on January 10, 2000 and hit a peak of $148 a share on June 16, 2008.

The first link seems to break it down by 2 month increments while the second link breaks it down by weekly increments which could explain the slight differences in the numbers. But, overall, you get the point.
    06-13-13 11:19 AM
    Please explain why similar thing with stock price is happening with apple who most people would agree dont have a PR problem that you claim BlackBerry has. If apple's stock price is doing the same thing without the problems you claim BB has then you should figure it is more complicated then you believe. From the sounds of it stocks are too compicated for your brain to proccess and maybe you should into getting out of them.

Chris Umi explanes this in his articles you should read them till you understand them so you stop looking like a moron in the forums.
    psy fi and Chris Marsch like this.
    06-13-13 11:27 AM
    The name changes a lot. It is less confusing. The shows that the company is focusing on the brand.

Posted via CB10
    The brand that most like to hate in the USA anyway. I always did and still do think that was a bad decision.
    06-13-13 11:30 AM
    If you bought BBRY beginning of the year 2000, yes beginning of this century, you would have paid $22-23 a share. Since then the smartphone business went through one of the most spectacular rise ever seen in any industry and BBRY shareholders, instead of making a fortune, lost money.
    So muchy for the long term fellas.
    For BBRY to trade anything under 50 or even 60, is totally unacceptable. Does BBRY deserve that valuation.. absolutely. It has the technology, the assets to trade at 60, but for the lack of market-savvy of the Team and the Board at BBRY that is totally betrayed by a horrible PR and IR department.
    It is so sad to see such a great company be trashed by the manipulators and there is nobody at BBRY who can counter these lying manipulators.
    ...and the last time I bought was last September. My shares cost $6.21.

On one level, I buy your argument that the company is undervalued, absolutely, which is why I'm long on the stock. What I take issue with is your lack of patience. The old management did enough damage to the company's credibility that they have a long row to hoe to regain the trust of consumers and the investment community as a whole.

As I said in another of your threads, "THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS". The only way to make this work is to develop great products (which they're doing) and execute effectively and repeatedly (which they're doing). I honestly cannot imagine one single thing that BB can do that would magically restore its credibility overnight. In the meantime, I have been VERY impressed with what the decisions the company has been making.
    06-13-13 11:31 AM
    You're being extremely selective in using that stock price given that $22 was the high monthly closing price in 2000 at the height of a tech bubble. I could do the same thing and say that BlackBerry was at $5 in 2000, and therefore you would have made quite a bit long-term.

If you bought it in 1999, the monthly closing price ranged from $1.50 to $8.50. If you bought in 2001, it ranged from $2.70 to $11.

So yes, if you want to bring up long-term returns from over 10 years ago - most shareholders who bought during that time would have done quite well long-term. That's a fact.
    06-13-13 11:48 AM
    Imagine trading that whole time, getting the same loss
    But then have to pay all those transaction costs!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:49 AM
    TH and his crew have done a fantastic job turning BlackBerry around. Great things to come. Long and strong for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Despite some resident bashers here who misquote me and ;ie about what I say, I think TH is a visionary and a great CEO except that he needs a team of people who are market savvy and know how to do good PR. TH has done an amazing job but he needs a couple of people to round up his team. Techniocally, product wise, no issue.... its the perception that is the problem. He needs to go aggressively after those lying, manipulating, vicious short-sellers who are maligning Blackberry day in and day out.
    BBRY, given its strength, should be close to $60 if not more.
    06-13-13 12:56 PM
    And if you would have bought half the companys listed in the 1920's you would of hit the biggest boom ever....99%are no longer here....

What a ridiculous thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 01:33 PM
    You can hate your life, you can hate your neighbor, but a brand? Don't be silly. The switch of name from RIM to Blackberry has no downsides.
    But I won't argue with you. You hate the brand and are disappointed with them making a "bad" decision. LOL.
    06-13-13 03:14 PM
    @savingblackberry what's your favorite brand of toaster?

Posted via CB10
    chrispdm1 and Bacon Munchers like this.
    06-13-13 03:54 PM
    You can hate your life, you can hate your neighbor, but a brand? Don't be silly. The switch of name from RIM to Blackberry has no downsides.
    But I won't argue with you. You hate the brand and are disappointed with them making a "bad" decision. LOL.
    Changing names is not free granted it could be argued that it is needed.

However changing the ticker was a waste of money.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 04:04 PM
    People in BlackBerry stock for the long haul are smart. That's all i can say. The future is bright. Don't worry, they "got this".
    kfh227 and Shanerredflag like this.
    06-13-13 04:10 PM
    "Manipulators" can only go on manipulating to a point, then it just becomes noise. Seriously, BlackBerry is on the right track. Keep moving.
    06-13-13 04:11 PM
    actually he thinks it is worth $40. His average cost is $17, he is a value investor so if he thought it was worth $17 what would be the point?

Prem Watsa: Research In Motion Ltd (BBRY) Is Worth $40 a Share

Nope, not Faucette here. Just someone not willing to risk money on BlackBerry. I made a lot of money in the past. They have a lot of trust to rebuild.
    The brand is still damaged (except on some fan related websites). See what the results look like in two weeks. Even savior Prem Watsa feels the value is $17.
    06-13-13 06:32 PM
    It was a business decision that they made. If it pays off we will find out in time. I want people to associate the success of QNX with BlackBerry so I hope they change that name as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 06:55 PM
    It was a business decision that they made. If it pays off we will find out in time. I want people to associate the success of QNX with BlackBerry so I hope they change that name as well.

Posted via CB10
    Problem is BlackBerry has nothing on QNX they don't know how to do what QNX team does! Plus to change the name would drastically affect their huge clients that associate with a BRAND QNX for critical operations and success in their markets, not a sell phone and management product and service provider like BB.

You need to think how changing a brand name affects clients and if its a suitable fit ... a brand is a huge intangible asset especially for a company that hasn't lost revenues like QNX>
    06-14-13 01:23 PM
40 12