After selling my BB shares for a $130k loss back in the fall, I'm considering taking the plunge in again. I really like what Chen is doing, and it is exactly what I had hoped TH would do.

I'm probably going to jump in tomorrow for 10k shares. However, this time I will not visit the forums as much or check the stock price several times a day. I'm looking for a double from here.
    02-25-14 09:56 PM
    Why would you sell when you were so far down? They were so close to trading at book value. It was painful but I stayed in and thank god I did.
    02-25-14 10:15 PM
    "book value" has little meaning for a tech company. The company couldn't give itself away in the Fall, nobody wanted it.
    02-25-14 11:25 PM
    I am in the same position as the gooner, I was buying more the closer to book we got. It's the only move that made sense.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 12:59 AM
    Know when to fold em' know when hold em'....BlackBerry is staying in the game!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    02-26-14 01:14 AM
    "book value" has little meaning for a tech company. The company couldn't give itself away in the Fall, nobody wanted it.
    It has worked for me. When Nokia was down in the dumps close to book I went in. Look where they are now. Same for SiriusXm a while back. The market was overreacting. BB needed simple changes to bring it back out of the Stone Age. It's on its way now finally.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-26-14 01:44 PM
    Yup, your performance seems to suggest that 'book value' is important.

It may be that the gentleman who lost 130k needn't offer investment advice, lol.

Sorry OP don't mean to be cheeky...mostly.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 02:27 PM
    Yeah, but that was the market thinking the company was going out of business. But the company had cash, tech, and fans. No reason to go out of business.

I've got a paper loss. But when the stock was trading at $7 I didn't worry because it really couldn't go down much lower.

By the way, tech company doesn't mean anything. Is IBM a tech company? Sure. But it is certainly very different than whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 09:50 PM