I cringe everytime Blackberry marketing does stuff like this. Worst is if TH makes any statements. He needs to keep his foot in his mouth!
    danprown likes this.
    08-15-13 05:17 AM
    Here dear.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Does it not reload/refresh those apps when you go to open them?

Meaning they aren't actually running 9, but rather frozen until you access them again? , Dear?

Edit: to add dear

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 09:53 AM
    Does it not reload/refresh those apps when you go to open them?

Meaning they aren't actually running 9, but rather frozen until you access them again? , Dear?

Edit: to add dear

Posted via CB10
    No, coraz�n querido, Android does not suspend apps.

dusdal likes this.
    08-15-13 10:37 AM
    Seems my android knowledge is slightly outdated.

Thanks.
    08-15-13 10:48 AM
    Seems my android knowledge is slightly outdated.

Thanks.
    No problem. I get all turned around trying to figure out which dessert does what.
    08-15-13 10:58 AM
    I agree with Steve Jobs comment but very much disagree with the nothing new comment.

- unified full messaging action hub not just unified notifications.
    - peak and flow gestures with real time consecutive multi-tasking
    - wireless file mgmt like a NAS
    - ability to load apps from 2 different ecosystems.
    - Screen sharing
    - time shift feature to combine multiple exposures into one consolidated image.

To name a few.

Posted via CB10
    I've got to say, of all of those, remote file management and screen share have been absolutely brilliant.

I've used screen share with my guys in the field to look at drawings together in real time without having to go to site as well as used screen share on very iffy wifi while in Africa to share the week's photos with my better half back home. It was absolutely brilliant.

Remote file access has already saved my **** a few times and having this (desktop and laptop) + box.com all there natively is what makes it a killer. You just choose one as an attachment to an email or bbm just as though the file resided on your phone locally. Again, this is a killer feature.
    08-15-13 11:30 AM
    Is the Z10 really that bad? From what I have read it ain't. I don't own one, but would like one from all the reviews i have read. I have seen iPhones and from what I can see, the only advantage Apple has is apps, and good publicity. I have a 9320 and find I love it.
    dusdal and kfh227 like this.
    08-15-13 01:00 PM
    Is the Z10 really that bad? From what I have read it ain't. I don't own one, but would like one from all the reviews i have read. I have seen iPhones and from what I can see, the only advantage Apple has is apps, and good publicity. I have a 9320 and find I love it.
    The Z10 is not bad at all. It's a gorgeous device, beautifully built, that got me back into BlackBerry when I thought I'd never come back. It is suffering from a dearth of useful apps I need. It is also suffering from lackadaisical execution.

The iPhone 5 is another device I carry and it is an excellent device. It's got more of what I need and want. It's a gorgeous device with outstanding build quality.

It IS possible to enjoy one device without discounting the other. It is also possible to see the flaws in each device.

Nothing is absolute.

08-15-13 01:22 PM
    Quicker navigation? You flick up then you have to go find the icon because if you've got more than eight apps open the system closed them. Same navigation as with anything else unless you've only got a couple of apps open.

I've got a hub in my SGIII and in my iPhone. They're called notification centre but it's the same thing.

Apps? APPS?!?!?!? You're actually going to call apps as a selling feature on BB10?!?!?

That comment is absolutely laughable.

You don't read well regarding apps.

You should also read up on why bb10 only keeps 8 apps open.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:27 PM
    My coworkers lock screen has floating bubbles on it. Another thing android does that bb10 doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm open to listening to what you've got to say on the matter.

Sent from my beautiful, perfect, white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...
    08-15-13 01:32 PM
    No problem. I get all turned around trying to figure out which dessert does what.
    Or where you left the bag of Milky Way's.

Yes I'm still waiting. And they'd better be mushy or I'll be reporting you for hijacking this thread again.

What I'm still trying to figure out is why BB10 has a 8-app limit, when as I recall, BBOS was pretty much unlimited until there was no memory left and it just dogged down to a crawl. I remember on my 9900 opening every app I had, then holding the BB key and there they all were.
    08-15-13 02:30 PM
    Or where you left the bag of Milky Way's.

Yes I'm still waiting. And they'd better be mushy or I'll be reporting you for hijacking this thread again.

What I'm still trying to figure out is why BB10 has a 8-app limit, when as I recall, BBOS was pretty much unlimited until there was no memory left and it just dogged down to a crawl. I remember on my 9900 opening every app I had, then holding the BB key and there they all were.
    The Milky Way is....ummmmm....well.....

In my bag!!!!!!

About the apps, it goes against all that I initially read about QNX.

I would have expected more power and system management, not less.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-13 04:23 PM
    I don't see it!

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 06:45 AM

Posted via CB10
    Only 8 apps? It's a RAM issue according to BB. Poor mobile multitasking implementation leads to high amounts of RAM required.
    08-16-13 06:52 AM
    Only 8 apps? It's a RAM issue according to BB. Poor mobile multitasking implementation leads to high amounts of RAM required.
    I think you mean 'Actual mobile multitasking'

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-16-13 07:15 AM
    I think you mean 'Actual mobile multitasking'

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    Nope, I mean what I said. It's a poor implementation for a mobile device with limited resources and no paging system in use.
    The good news is that they've already begun the (slow) move towards better multitasking but it's a long road. Their headless app implementation is much more akin to mobile-friendly background processing. They're just moving slowly due to what I assume is very limited resources.
    Last edited by mikeo007; 08-16-13 at 07:43 AM.
    08-16-13 07:25 AM
142 ... 456