They resurrected by bringing back Steve Jobs, blackberry on the other hand doesn't have a visionary dictator at the helm of their company.

All we have is a boring german ceo who brings the stock down every time he speaks.
    Ideal scenario:
    Prem to take BB private.
    Gets rid of Thor
    Puts Mike & Jim (his old friend) back in.

1) Thorsten took Mikes vision of BB10 of which he orchestrated through selected acquisitions:
    QNX, Tat, Torch mobile (browser) etc.
    2) Thorsten took Jim's vision of taking BBM cross platform.

I don't see any forward thinking from this CEO, his only idea is "mobile computing" which equates to nothingness and tablets being dead in 5 years, he's out of former CEO ideas and is panicking, putting BB in a state of begging for outsider help. Thorsten was handed BB10 and a vision on a plate, yet still balls'ed it up lol
    pillswoj likes this.
    08-14-13 07:35 AM
    Quicker navigation, hub, keyboard.

Apps that take advantage of cascades.

Posted via CB10
    Quicker navigation? You flick up then you have to go find the icon because if you've got more than eight apps open the system closed them. Same navigation as with anything else unless you've only got a couple of apps open.

I've got a hub in my SGIII and in my iPhone. They're called notification centre but it's the same thing.

Apps? APPS?!?!?!? You're actually going to call apps as a selling feature on BB10?!?!?

That comment is absolutely laughable.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    JeepBB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-14-13 08:21 AM
    Who's derailing? She gave me a smooch -- a long overdue one at that -- and continued with the discussion.

See this is the problem with these forums. Everybody takes everything so bloody seriously they forgot how to have a good time. Nobody here has the answers to all the world's problems, much as so many think they do. Chill out, relax, discuss. If you can't enjoy, then maybe you need to step away from the computer for a while.

I've got a smooch and a milky way waiting.

kbz1960 likes this.
    08-14-13 08:26 AM
    Quicker navigation? You flick up then you have to go find the icon because if you've got more than eight apps open the system closed them. Same navigation as with anything else unless you've only got a couple of apps open.

I've got a hub in my SGIII and in my iPhone. They're called notification centre but it's the same thing.

Apps? APPS?!?!?!? You're actually going to call apps as a selling feature on BB10?!?!?

That comment is absolutely laughable.

Okay I think everyone gets it....you like your "always working" iPhone and your "sexy SGIII" better and you think blackberry is doomed judging from your posts.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 08:44 AM
    Did she say anything incorrect?
    Or it just doesn't fit your view of the current world or mobile computing?
    08-14-13 08:48 AM
    Okay I think everyone gets it....you like your "always working" iPhone and your "sexy SGIII" better and you think blackberry is doomed judging from your posts.

Posted via CB10
    Actually the Z10 brought me back to BlackBerry after I was finished with them based on the amazing wonderful bricking 99xx series.

That doesn't mean that I'm blinded to its problems.

Additionally I will use any device I want to use. That has been discussed with people who actually do have a say in what happens in this forum.

Is there anything in my post that you would like to refute?

08-14-13 09:21 AM
    Actually the Z10 brought me back to BlackBerry after I was finished with them based on the amazing wonderful bricking 99xx series.

That doesn't mean that I'm blinded to its problems.

Additionally I will use any device I want to use. That has been discussed with people who actually do have a say in what happens in this forum.

Is there anything in my post that you would like to refute?

Nope. The saying "beat a dead horse comes to mind". No need to get upset, you can post where ever and use whatever you want. Just wonder why people who don't enjoy a product waste their time talking about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 09:51 AM
    Nope. The saying "beat a dead horse comes to mind". No need to get upset, you can post where ever and use whatever you want. Just wonder why people who don't enjoy a product waste their time talking about it.

Posted via CB10
    What leads you go believe I don't enjoy it?

Can it grow? Yes.

Has it got adequate battery life? Not for me.

Have I had plenty of fights in this forum with anti BB10 people defending it? Look at my posts and you will see your issue with my posts is absolutely unfounded.

Get used to seeing me post from different devices. I use what I like. I'm platform agnostic. And I call out misinformation.

Last edited by qbnkelt; 08-14-13 at 10:11 AM.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-14-13 09:58 AM
    Ideal scenario:
    Prem to take BB private.
    Gets rid of Thor

1) Thorsten took Mikes vision of BB10 of which he orchestrated through selected acquisitions:
    QNX, Tat, Torch mobile (browser) etc.
    2) Thorsten took Jim's vision of taking BBM cross platform.

I don't see any forward thinking from this CEO, his only idea is "mobile computing" which equates to nothingness and tablets being dead in 5 years, he's out of former CEO ideas and is panicking, putting BB in a state of begging for outsider help. Thorsten was handed BB10 and a vision on a plate, yet still balls'ed it up lol
    Prem is a professional money maker. If he buys the company and takes it private it is no secret that he will cut it to pieces and sell each one to the highest bidder.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-14-13 10:39 AM
    Ideal scenario:
    Prem to take BB private.
    Gets rid of Thor
    Wait a minute... you're saying you think it's a good idea to reinstall the two guys who, more than anyone else, are responsible for BBRY's downfall?

Care to explain why?
    08-14-13 11:53 AM
    Wait a minute... you're saying you think it's a good idea to reinstall the two guys who, more than anyone else, are responsible for BBRY's downfall?

Care to explain why?
    The downfall.........?

Credit where credit is due, you have to be at heights to fall, Mike & Jim got BB to that height, they made a mistake to not grow with the times when iPhone & Android came on the scene, in my eyes that mistake was very well acknowledged albeit late, but nevertheless, importantly acknowledged.

They had a vision, to fulfill said vision, they acquired many companies to "patch" the new Blackberry future together.
    Jim back in 2012 was heard saying he wanted to take BBM cross platform.

So we're in mid 2013, something the former CEO's prepared for/discussed is coming to fruition after they realized their mistake, without their MESS and (FIXES (acquisitions)) we would have NO BB10.

In summary, the former CEO's who left $4 BILLION in the bank for Thorsten to play with + 80 million subscribers worldwide, plus ALL the bits & pieces (acquired companies, qnx, tat, torch, jay, tungle etc) to form Blackberry10, should be reinstated.

I can't see any other company being as passionate about BB than those who co founded it.
    danprown likes this.
    08-14-13 12:45 PM
    Prem is a professional money maker. If he buys the company and takes it private it is no secret that he will cut it to pieces and sell each one to the highest bidder.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    That's not his MO. From what I've read, he's usually in it for the long haul. A more likely scenario is he takes it private with the objective of returning it to profitability out from under the microscope of public ownership, and then taking it public again for a handsome return on his investment. Not saying that's exactly what he will do or that he will accomplish it even if it is his strategy, but it's much more likely than buying it to cut it up and part it out.
    08-14-13 12:49 PM
    He may do that, but I very much doubt it.

I'm not entirely sure how you came to the conclusion that it is "no secret" that he will cut it up etc, from my very minimal knowledge on him, he is known for taking the long term investment.
    08-14-13 12:53 PM
    Right.

One word.

Instagram?

But, but... Instagram's coming soon... Kevin said so...
    08-14-13 01:41 PM
    The downfall.........?
    Yes, the massive downfall that has seen Blackberry's market share obliterated, from 50% of the smartphone market to 2%, and the destruction of literally billions of dollars of its investor's money. Did you not hear about that? Or is it that you don't consider it a downfall?

In summary, the former CEO's who left $4 BILLION in the bank for Thorsten to play with + 80 million subscribers worldwide, plus ALL the bits & pieces (acquired companies, qnx, tat, torch, jay, tungle etc) to form Blackberry10, should be reinstated.
    I don't believe you actually feel this way. No one could be that myopic. Are you related to one of the founders?
    08-14-13 01:41 PM
    Yes, the massive downfall that has seen Blackberry's market share obliterated, from 50% of the smartphone market to 2%, and the destruction of literally billions of dollars of its investor's money. Did you not hear about that? Or is it that you don't consider it a downfall?
    Yes, 50% marketshare of when smartphones were barely in existence and Blackberry was the only major player in this segment, a time when new phones were coming on to the market and "apps" were the next big thing, a time before appworld, blackberry world, OTA jar downloads.

Like i said, they made a mistake for not moving with the times and most importantly rectified those mistakes.
    I don't believe you actually feel this way. No one could be that myopic. Are you related to one of the founders?
    In denial, feel free to hold on to your "beliefs", it doesn't change facts unless:

1) Theres really no billions in the bank left by the predecessors
    2) Still 70+ million subscribers.
    3) Mike & Jim didn't buy all those companies that are NOW BB10, it was Thorsten all long
    08-14-13 01:48 PM
    Yes, 50% marketshare of when smartphones were barely in existence and Blackberry was the only major player in this segment, a time when new phones were coming on to the market and "apps" were the next big thing, a time before appworld, blackberry world, OTA jar downloads.
    Exactly. They were poised to dominate the market for the next 20 years because of the incredible lead they had. Instead the blew it, leading to their downfall. A downfall which you don't believe happened. And now you think it's a good idea to put the architects of the massive downafall back in charge of the ship they sank. Gotcha.

Head, meet sand.
    08-14-13 02:08 PM
    Like i said, they made a mistake for not moving with the times and most importantly rectified those mistakes.
    Do you know what 'rectify' means? It's related to the word 'rectum'. I think you know what that means. It has to do with 'in the back' or 'behind'. Not only have they not rectified their mistakes, they seem to have exacerbated them. You know what exacerbated means, right?
    08-14-13 02:11 PM
    Exactly. They were poised to dominate the market for the next 20 years because of the incredible lead they had. Instead the blew it, leading to their downfall. A downfall which you don't believe happened. And now you think it's a good idea to put the architects of the massive downafall back in charge of the ship they sank. Gotcha.

Head, meet sand.
    lol I never denied it, I asked a downfall ....?
    Then proceeded to explain they took it to the heights, made a mistake = downfall.

Any potential for an up rise is down to those two architects and what they left behind, integral components set out by them two is what your using right now, but the future is at a stand still, hence BB now exploring new opportunities aka begging to be bought out of their misery.

So yeah, head meet sand lol
    08-14-13 02:12 PM
    Do you know what 'rectify' means? It's related to the word 'rectum'. I think you know what that means. It has to do with 'in the back' or 'behind'. Not only have they not rectified their mistakes, they seem to have exacerbated them. You know what exacerbated means, right?
    I think you need to refresh on your definitions lol

You've lost all credibility there and made it quite apparent you've no idea what your on about, head back in the sand, I'm out before howarmart unleashes on me.
    08-14-13 02:15 PM
    Lol! qbnkelt , on what platform do you have nine active apps and 2 apps running concurrently, dear? Please don't tell me it is on iPad.
    Who are you addressing, love?

How about if I give you two, right off the top of my hear without thinking....have nine active apps and have two apps running concurrently in the same screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    08-14-13 02:23 PM
    Lol! qbnkelt , on what platform do you have nine active apps and 2 apps running concurrently, dear? Please don't tell me it is on iPad.
    Here dear.

Attached Thumbnails There is some good news coming out of the announcement!-uploadfromtaptalk1376510013849.jpg   There is some good news coming out of the announcement!-uploadfromtaptalk1376510030141.jpg   There is some good news coming out of the announcement!-uploadfromtaptalk1376510050944.jpg  
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-14-13 02:54 PM
    It CAN be done!
    Apps!!! Apps and more Apps from the big guys. NetFlix, Pandora, Zynga.

A commercial that says...Play Words with Friends on your new Blackberry Q10 ? Check!

Epic win!
    Agreed . . If the apps were there and the app world didn't lag. Then these phones would fly off the shelf..

Bbry needs to market more, and build less new phones lol

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 10:43 PM
    Agreed . . If the apps were there and the app world didn't lag. Then these phones would fly off the shelf..

Bbry needs to market more, and build less new phones lol

Posted via CB10
    I feel it's as much to do with the cost of the handsets. Here in the UK BlackBerry maintained popularity by having cheap phones (and by the fact that you could effectively organise riots with the handsets )

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 03:53 AM
    I can't believe the BlackBerry management, why the hell would you make the announcement on the eve of Z30 launch and cross platform BBM. Do they think all this media hype is good, who the heck would buy a blackberry now....dumb dumb dumb I tell ya. they just keep screwing up

Posted from my amazing Z10
    08-15-13 05:06 AM
142 ... 3456