Snuggles!!!!!! You've come to play too?!!?!?

Except that you know I have had concerns about the viability of BlackBerry but NEVER have I rejoiced over their problems. Let's remember that, love.
    Wow, are you ever condescending. :kisses:!!

:kisses: fixes everything right!?!

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    dusdal likes this.
    08-13-13 05:30 PM
    "There's nothing new here" - I've been waiting for that one. It is posted every time there is actual news, so this is no different.

The largest stockholder and independent board member resigns. A noted value investor - the Warren Buffet of Canada (underwater version). That IS news (even if you don't think so).

The announcement of a committee to investigate all options - that IS news. It is different from the BS last summer (like so much other BS that came out of the mouth's of BBRY executives) when they announced they would look into it and did nothing. Guess they were too busy working on the BB10 marketing program

They put the company up for sale. They did it because there are no obvious deals or bidders and they can't survive alone.

That IS news. Even if you are sleeping.
    JeepBB and chr1sny like this.
    08-13-13 05:34 PM
    Before you continue, please read my previous response to get an idea of where I'm coming from. I agree with you, and it does this old aching heart good to see a few more optimistic die-hards such as yourself in the midst of this newly revitalized cesspool of doom-and-gloom.

Now to answer your question, the phone itself is not inferior. In fact I think many would agree that the phone and the OS are as good as just about anything else out there. The problem is with the platform right now and getting people to buy into it to create an atmosphere where the ecosystem can flourish. That won't happen with the dismal market share BB10 is currently commanding. 'All those apps' that people keep screaming about -- maybe you don't need them, and I know I don't need most of them -- are what's needed to just gain even a little interest in the platform. Beyond that, there needs to be something to lure some of all those millions of users of other platforms to this one. So far there's been nothing to make consumers say "I've got to have that!"

The problem is exacerbated by the fact that BlackBerry is continuing to fumble with the BB10 rollout -- Thor as much as admitted it himself at the last earnings call. This is hardly the time for that team to be learning on the job. The brand is currently getting steamrolled from every direction, and the sailing isn't going to get any smoother. I have had the utmost in confidence in Thor and his team, but each passing quarter brings more deterioration to that confidence, to the point that I have serious doubts that anyone there knows how to turn this around. And everybody tap-dancing on the grave that hasn't even been dug yet does little to improve my frame of mind.

Yes, it can be done. No, all hope is not lost. And these great revelations of the past 48 hours mean next to nothing -- good or bad. As you said, there's nothing new here.
    One thing seemingly everybody seems to miss is that BlackBerry is not only trying to draw people to a new platform and ecosystem.... they are trying to pull people AWAY from one that they are likely 'heavily' invited in.

We aren't talking about just the phone, but their accounts full of already bought and paid apps. This is the brilliance behind Apple's AppWorld. It forces those invested to think heavily and seriously about whether or not they want to change platforms. Android users are in the same boat.

BlackBerry also has the disadvantage of doing the same thing to themselves... the old apps purchased don't work on the new devices. So BlackBerry users even have to consider if they can/should upgrade from BBOS to BB10 and reinvest in the platform.

This is a giant hurdle....

imz likes this.
    08-13-13 05:40 PM
    Wow, are you ever condescending. :kisses:!!

:kisses: fixes everything right!?!

Easy now....what you don't know is the somnolent ursine and I go back a country mile and are friends outside the confines of CB. Don't start drama where there is none.
    08-13-13 06:02 PM
    Easy now....what you don't know is the somnolent ursine and I go back a country mile and are friends outside the confines of CB. Don't start drama where there is none.
    Why derail the thread with all of that nonsense...

Whether you are best buddies with the sleeping bear or not?

08-13-13 06:34 PM

Take a beer, put up your feet, and relax.

Really. The only derailment is the one you're creating. My answer to his post was on topic.
    pantlesspenguin and Oma_BJSJ like this.
    08-13-13 06:36 PM
    Take a beer, put up your feet, and relax.

Really. The only derailment is the one you're creating. My answer to his post was on topic.
    See.. condescension. You can't help it, and we aren't even friends.

08-13-13 06:37 PM
    Pls delete
    08-13-13 06:37 PM
    Delete Pls - edit broken on cb10 and creating new posts...
    08-13-13 06:39 PM
    See.. condescension. You can't help it, and we aren't even friends.

Pick a fight elsewhere, love. Not interested.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-13-13 06:41 PM
    Regarding the OS, the service layers are abstracted and can be shared and run in a seamless, integrated fashion. With the scenario I desribed, I don't think it is as far off as you think. It is being demo'd today in various forms.
    Again, you're comparing a technology demo (aka vaporware) to tech that is currently in the stores TODAY that not only works, but is simple to use and extremely affordable. It is also fairly simple to retrofit into existing tech, which assures wider, faster adoption.

With Chromecast, you are talking about a transition technology $35 dongle...cool for sure, but DLNA is also available TODAY and what happens once everyone upgrades their TVs and such where everything is natively DLNA compliant? Chromecasts will be in a lot of garage sales for $0.50.
    Most TVs sold for the last 3 years were DLNA-compliant, and that didn't exactly make a huge impact, because they were difficult to navigate and use. A Chromecast is super-simple. Have you used one?

Regarding your car stereo, that is a specific App level interface for single use purpose. I am not talking about a collection of single use applications cobbled together with no synergy or integration and a host of compatibility issues.
    There are no compatibility issues. Most of the apps are from Google themselves, and the few that aren't hook right in elegantly and reliably. As I said, you've been in your bubble for WAY too long, listening to an echo chamber and ignoring the work that's been going on around you.

I like to think that I can appreciate vision that is actionable. :-)
    Perhaps, but it seems clear that BlackBerry won't be the one doing it.
    08-13-13 06:46 PM
    What a ridiculous statement.

People aren't going to buy a product today because of some vague pie-in-the-sky vision of the future a company has. They buy a product for what it offers today - and BB10 doesn't offer as much as the competition today. You're talking like a fanboy and/or investor - not like a real consumer who has no vested interest in the company.

If Blackberry thinks their idea of "mobile computing" will sell - then release it. Otherwise, they're just offering a "me too" device that doesn't stack up against the competition.
    That's funny. I see android and ios as inferior to my needs relative to bb10. Anyone using there smartphone for business and not gaming on iOS and android are missing out.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 07:22 PM
    That's funny. I see android and ios as inferior to my needs relative to bb10. Anyone using there smartphone for business and not gaming on iOS and android are missing out.

Posted via CB10
    I don't game.

What am I missing out on?
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-13-13 07:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    And that is your opinion. A strongly held belief shared by dozens of others who still believe in the magic of BlackBerry.

The ship has sailed. Actually it is up for sale.
    JeepBB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-13-13 07:28 PM
    Again, you're comparing a technology demo (aka vaporware) to tech that is currently in the stores TODAY that not only works, but is simple to use and extremely affordable. It is also fairly simple to retrofit into existing tech, which assures wider, faster adoption.

Most TVs sold for the last 3 years were DLNA-compliant, and that didn't exactly make a huge impact, because they were difficult to navigate and use. A Chromecast is super-simple. Have you used one?

There are no compatibility issues. Most of the apps are from Google themselves, and the few that aren't hook right in elegantly and reliably. As I said, you've been in your bubble for WAY too long, listening to an echo chamber and ignoring the work that's been going on around you.

Perhaps, but it seems clear that BlackBerry won't be the one doing it.
    Peace to you brother. Enjoy your Chromcast and Android stereo. BTW I think the Chrome browser is awesome and my personal laptop is a MacBook Pro. I tend to be a best of breed guy working in the tech sector. I'm signing off this thread really nothing more I can say. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-13-13 07:31 PM
    I have chromecast working fine in the z10

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:36 PM
    *on

Posted via CB10
    08-13-13 08:37 PM
    my question is, whats the new innovative product to take any of these companies to new heights? Everyone is a smartphone maker/seller now.
    BB went to the top with the smartphone when they came out with it email in the palm of your hand for business, and Apple improved on it for the consumer. Now what?
    08-13-13 08:44 PM
    my question is, whats the new innovative product to take any of these companies to new heights? Everyone is a smartphone maker/seller now.
    BB went to the top with the smartphone when they came out with it email in the palm of your hand for business, and Apple improved on it for the consumer. Now what?
    A chip plugged into your potato -- err, brain stem -- that's blue tooth capable so you don't even need a GUI any more. Just think it and your phone or car or whatever else you can make blue-tooth ready will do it.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-13-13 09:12 PM
    All I can say is I am sticking with my 9780 until it bugs out, then I am hopping to a 9900. As long as BIS is available, I am sticking with it. IMO, BIS and the legendary keyboard are the only things that set BBery apart from everyone else.
    I HOPE that BBerry will survive in tact. If not, I HOPE that BIS survives and that the legacy devices are functional on BIS for another 5 years or so. After that I plan to sell my companies and retire. I can go Android or Windows or whatever is available then. Sigh.
    08-13-13 09:41 PM
    A chip plugged into your potato -- err, brain stem -- that's blue tooth capable so you don't even need a GUI any more. Just think it and your phone or car or whatever else you can make blue-tooth ready will do it.
    yaaa, ok
    08-14-13 04:20 AM

Who's derailing? She gave me a smooch -- a long overdue one at that -- and continued with the discussion.

See this is the problem with these forums. Everybody takes everything so bloody seriously they forgot how to have a good time. Nobody here has the answers to all the world's problems, much as so many think they do. Chill out, relax, discuss. If you can't enjoy, then maybe you need to step away from the computer for a while.
    m1a1mg, kbz1960, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    08-14-13 07:12 AM
    yaaa, ok
    Good lord, does no one have a sense of humor around here any more?

Screw this, I'm going back to rehab.
    kbz1960 and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-14-13 07:13 AM
    I don't game.

What am I missing out on?
    Quicker navigation, hub, keyboard.

Apps that take advantage of cascades.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-13 07:16 AM
    They resurrected by bringing back Steve Jobs, blackberry on the other hand doesn't have a visionary dictator at the helm of their company.

All we have is a boring german ceo who brings the stock down every time he speaks.

Posted via CB10
    imz likes this.
    08-14-13 07:18 AM
142 ... 23456