What is integrated mobility and why is it that only BlackBerry has it? Is this related to mobile computing? What exactly is that and why doesn't anyone else has it? Kindly quote me if you respond so that my phone can alert me that you quoted me.
    pretty sure he won't be able to answer it, or he will respond with a more vague statement. if the company themselves don't know im pretty sure some random user wont.

BB user complaints about iphone ppl being brainwashed and getting sucked up in the marketing but at the same time they're throwing out vague statement and marketing key word like mobile computing and flow in their statement. go figure...
    danprown and pantlesspenguin like this.
    08-13-13 10:11 AM
    I would not consider the bolded piece as a feature. It's actually a work around due to the very real and painful fact that BlackBerry hasn't got enough native apps and so this workaround was exploited so that end users could pooch apps off Android.

On the first bolded, how is the hub different from the notifications centre in my stock SGIII on 4.1.2? Or my iPhone 5, for that matter?

And do you realise that you are comparing a new OS to one OS that have been in the market for over a year? Let's discuss iOS7 when it comes out and how those notifications are handled. As it is, right now, it's six of one half dozen of the other.....the notifications in my iPhone serve me just as well as the hub.

Peek and flow....yup....that was innovative....for WebOS....
    I think the first Samsung Galaxy had a Hub for messages and music and other stuff. This person seems to think this is an original feature of BB10
    08-13-13 10:19 AM
    I mean new as the iPhone was in 2007.
    It is new. It's a gesture paradigm that gets rid of buttons altogether.
    08-13-13 10:23 AM
    I think the first Samsung Galaxy had a Hub for messages and music and other stuff. This person seems to think this is an original feature of BB10
    Additionally I like the hub in the iPhone. Sure, it's not called a hub, it's a notifications centre. But I choose what gets put on there. Example, I want CNN. I want Tapatalk. I want WhatsApp. I want FB. I don't want Twitter. I choose what goes on there, it's not forced on me by the OS.

And they're actionable.

I love my Z10. It got me back to using BlackBerry. But as far as innovation????? That's a stretch. Look at WebOS. Then look at Active Frames. Look familiar????
    08-13-13 10:26 AM
    Ummmmm.. Bbos has unified messaging long ago. Android did not invent it.

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    08-13-13 10:26 AM
    It is new. It's a gesture paradigm that gets rid of buttons altogether.
    WebOS was gesture based. BlackBerry removed the buttons, but the foundation was WebOS.
    08-13-13 10:27 AM

BBOS is not BB10.
    08-13-13 10:28 AM

Cool. I'm glad that's cleared up. What other feature you guys want to bring up that IOS and Android can't do or do as well?
    08-13-13 10:33 AM
    Remember BBM still hasn't come out for the other OS's. Whatever the case might be a good time to invest a little in them...
    08-13-13 10:42 AM
    Remember BBM still hasn't come out for the other OS's. Whatever the case might be a good time to invest a little in them...
    No love.

I invested at $27.

Not one more penny. That money is gone, never to be seen again.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    08-13-13 10:55 AM
    What is integrated mobility and why is it that only BlackBerry has it? Is this related to mobile computing? What exactly is that and why doesn't anyone else has it? Kindly quote me if you respond so that my phone can alert me that you quoted me.
    Blackberry owns, and BB10 is based on, QNX. QNX is a 30 yr old real time embedded OS used in mission critical industries such as embedded Automotive Control Systems (more vehicle models (200+) than with all other auto control platforms combined); plus Healthcare patient monitoring and high-end medical analysis devices; Aerospace and Industrial navigation and control systems; etc. iOS and Android do not have ANY footprint or presence like this.

Ok so let me just paint one simple scenario...this is an integrated experience:

You start your day checking emails and meeting schedules on your BB device....you go out to your car and the proximity sensor on your BB opens your car lock, it then automatically connects to your vehicle control system and launches the GPS with destination set to the location of your first meeting on your calendar. A co-worker initiates a video chat with you about the meeting prep, but you are driving so it continues as voice conversation, you realize it is too important so you pull over and it converts to a full video conf call with screen sharing on your car dash screen. You have made changes to the presentation in real time. You arrive at your meeting and realize you forgot to lock the car doors so you can lock it remotely from your BB device. You then give the presentation directly from your BB device (HDMI or wireless) without the need for lugging a laptop. You arrive at work and the access pass to your building is activated by NFC on your BB device. You leave work to go home and start listening to a new podcast, or new album you downloaded at lunch...you walk in the house and it automatically starts playing on your Panasonic entertainment system and wirelessly syncs to your main library.

This doesn’t even touch on aerospace, medical, defense, and industrial applications already running QNX(BB). The ability to connect all these dots for an integrated experience is a chip and a putt for Blackberry. For iOS and Android, they don’t even have golf course to play on.

And regarding Apps, Apps, Apps...in all the issues out there that is the lowest barrier or hurdle to be overcome. There is no technological limitation and does not require any real effort...just willingness. To extend the golf analogy...it is like a new course that has an amazing and innovative design, the fairways are lush and the greens are fast. The clubhouse is really nice too but not fully furnished yet. That is an easier problem to solve and I would join that course because of the course play and the understanding that the other things are relatively easy to complete and will be there soon enough. It’s not like there are still bulldozers needed to knock down trees to build the fairways.
    Last edited by jstirtzinger; 08-13-13 at 02:30 PM.
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-13-13 02:04 PM
    How much of that is available today? Right now. I'm tired of BBRY dreams. I want something tangible.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-13-13 02:09 PM
    pretty sure he won't be able to answer it, or he will respond with a more vague statement. if the company themselves don't know im pretty sure some random user wont.

BB user complaints about iphone ppl being brainwashed and getting sucked up in the marketing but at the same time they're throwing out vague statement and marketing key word like mobile computing and flow in their statement. go figure...
    I did answer it...you can check my reply above. It's about painting a vision that is actually viable with pieces that already exist.
    08-13-13 02:14 PM
    How much of that is available today? Right now. I'm tired of BBRY dreams. I want something tangible.
    The scenario above exists today is being demo'd and actively worked on. When will it be commercial or mainstream? Not sure, but prototypes have been shown and the "QNX Car platform" won best of show at CES this year.
    08-13-13 02:17 PM
    <sigh> Blackberry owns, and BB10 is based on, QNX. QNX is a 30 yr old real time embedded OS used in mission critical industries such as embedded Automotive Control Systems (more vehicle models (200+) than with all other auto control platforms combined); plus Healthcare patient monitoring and high-end medical analysis devices; Aerospace and Industrial navigation and control systems; etc.
    Both iOS and Android evolved from flavors of Unix. But the base kernel is NOT the OS, just as the concrete foundation is NOT the building built on top of it.

You start your day checking emails and meeting schedules on your BB device....you go out to your car and the proximity sensor on your BB opens your car lock, it then automatically connects to your vehicle control system and launches the GPS with destination set to the location of your first meeting on your calendar. A co-worker initiates a video chat with you about the meeting prep, but you are driving so it continues as voice conversation, you realize it is too important so you pull over and it converts to a full video conf call with screen sharing on your car dash screen. You have made changes to the presentation in real time. You arrive at your meeting and realize you forgot to lock the car doors so you can lock it remotely from your BB device. You then give the presentation directly from your BB device (HDMI or wireless) without the need for lugging a laptop. You arrive at work and the access pass to your building is activated by NFC on your BB device. You leave work to go home and start listening to a new podcast, or new album you downloaded at lunch...you walk in the house and it automatically starts playing on your Panasonic entertainment system and wirelessly syncs to your main library.

This doesn�t even touch on aerospace, medical, defense, and industrial applications already running QNX(BB). The ability to connect all these dots for an integrated experience is a chip and a putt for Blackberry. For iOS and Android, they don�t even have golf course to play on.
    You are delusional. All of this stuff you've described is a years-away pipe dream for Blackberry, but virtually everything you talked about has been possible for me since, oh, February of this year with Android. I have an Android 4.x car stereo that seamlessly interfaces with my Nexus 4. And perhaps you've heard of Chromecast, a $35 device you can buy TODAY. You've been living in the BB bubble for way too long.

And regarding Apps, Apps, Apps...in all the issues out there that is the least barrier or hurdle to be overcome. There is no technological limitation and does not require any real effort...just willingness. To extend the golf analogy...it is like a new course that has an amazing and innovative design, the fairways are lush and the greens are fast. The clubhouse is really nice too but not fully furnished yet. That is an easier problem to solve and I would join that course because of the course play and the understanding that the other things are relativelyt easy to complete and will be there soon enough. It�s not like there are still bulldozers knocking down trees to build the fairways.
    BB marketshare is declining, not growing, and the reason there is no Instagram, Vine, or (and this is possibily even more important) tens of thousands of industry-specific apps that, while they may only have tens or hundreds of thousands of users each, make all the difference for people in those industries, is because of the lack of marketshare. Facebook can't even be persuaded with CASH to support Instagram on BB10, because their concern is MARKETSHARE, and that's the same with many other companies, big and small. The recent announcement that BB is officially open to offers pretty much assures that devs who haven't yet decided to support BB10 never will, and some of those who have supported it in the past will probably discontinue that support. You may not like it, but being in such deep denial about that isn't going to help you.
    JeepBB and danprown like this.
    08-13-13 02:22 PM
    Additionally I like the hub in the iPhone. Sure, it's not called a hub, it's a notifications centre. But I choose what gets put on there. Example, I want CNN. I want Tapatalk. I want WhatsApp. I want FB. I don't want Twitter. I choose what goes on there, it's not forced on me by the OS.

And they're actionable.

I love my Z10. It got me back to using BlackBerry. But as far as innovation????? That's a stretch. Look at WebOS. Then look at Active Frames. Look familiar????
    Agreed that active frames is a webOS tribute. A correction about the hub...you can choose what accounts or services you would like to appear in it. It is not forced on you. Plus I can post a tweet, reply to a DM, post a FB status, participate in chat, send a text or an email or a BBM all from the hub WITHOUT every needing the FB or Twitter or Messaging apps to launch.
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-13-13 02:24 PM
    Both iOS and Android evolved from flavors of Unix. But the base kernel is NOT the OS, just as the concrete foundation is NOT the building built on top of it.

You are delusional. All of this stuff you've described is a years-away pipe dream for Blackberry, but virtually everything you talked about has been possible for me since, oh, February of this year with Android. I have an Android 4.x car stereo that seamlessly interfaces with my Nexus 4. And perhaps you've heard of Chromecast, a $35 device you can buy TODAY. You've been living in the BB bubble for way too long.

BB marketshare is declining, not growing, and the reason there is no Instagram, Vine, or (and this is possibily even more important) tens of thousands of industry-specific apps that, while they may only have tens or hundreds of thousands of users each, make all the difference for people in those industries, is because of the lack of marketshare. Facebook can't even be persuaded with CASH to support Instagram on BB10, because their concern is MARKETSHARE, and that's the same with many other companies, big and small. The recent announcement that BB is officially open to offers pretty much assures that devs who haven't yet decided to support BB10 never will, and some of those who have supported it in the past will probably discontinue that support. You may not like it, but being in such deep denial about that isn't going to help you.
    Regarding the OS, the service layers are abstracted and can be shared and run in a seamless, integrated fashion. With the scenario I desribed, I don't think it is as far off as you think. It is being demo'd today in various forms. With Chromecast, you are talking about a transition technology $35 dongle...cool for sure, but DLNA is also available TODAY and what happens once everyone upgrades their TVs and such where everything is natively DLNA compliant? Chromecasts will be in a lot of garage sales for $0.50. Regarding your car stereo, that is a specific App level interface for single use purpose. I am not talking about a collection of single use applications cobbled together with no synergy or integration and a host of compatibility issues.

You may call me delusional. That is your prerogative. I like to think that I can appreciate vision that is actionable. :-)
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-13-13 02:43 PM
    <sigh> Blackberry owns, and BB10 is based on, QNX. QNX is a 30 yr old real time embedded OS used in mission critical industries such as embedded Automotive Control Systems (more vehicle models (200+) than with all other auto control platforms combined); plus Healthcare patient monitoring and high-end medical analysis devices; Aerospace and Industrial navigation and control systems; etc. iOS and Android do not have ANY footprint or presence like this.

<sigh>I'm quite familiar with QNX. And if I wanted to I could get it from Wikipedia.

. Ok so let me just paint one simple scenario...this is an integrated experience:
    Thank You. This is what I was after.

You start your day checking emails and meeting schedules on your BB device....
    All doable on any device.

you go out to your car and the proximity sensor on your BB opens your car lock, it then automatically connects to your vehicle control system and launches the GPS with destination set to the location of your first meeting on your calendar

Which brands of car support this today? I am in the market for a car. Which car supports this?

This has got to be the most expensive phone accessory ever.

And this is all possible assuming the device hasn't bricked or rebooted. Additionally I don't want my car door opened my a sensor.

A co-worker initiates a video chat with you about the meeting prep, but you are driving so it continues as voice conversation, you realize it is too important so you pull over and it converts to a full video conf call with screen sharing on your car dash screen.
    Which car dies this today?

You have made changes to the presentation in real time.
    I have? On the screen in the car? Which car? Can I get this car today?

You arrive at your meeting and realize you forgot to lock the car doors so you can lock it remotely from your BB device.
    Onstar does this.

You then give the presentation directly from your BB device (HDMI or wireless) without the need for lugging a laptop.

HP iPaq did this circa 2007. Motorola Q too. This is not new

You arrive at work and the access pass to your building is activated by NFC on your BB device.
    Not possible in secure buildings.

You leave work to go home and start listening to a new podcast, or new album you downloaded at lunch...you walk in the house and it automatically starts playing on your Panasonic entertainment system and wirelessly syncs to your main library.
    Which Panasonic devices support this today? My library automatically syncs on all my devices.

QUOTE]This doesn�t even touch on aerospace, medical, defense, and industrial applications already running QNX(BB). The ability to connect all these dots for an integrated experience is a chip and a putt for Blackberry. [/QUOTE]

Meaning it's all theory?

What are the real life uses TODAY?

For iOS and Android, they don�t even have golf course to play on.
    Neither does BlackBerry until you tell me which car does all this today.

And regarding Apps, Apps, Apps...in all the issues out there that is the least barrier or hurdle to be overcome. There is no technological limitation and does not require any real effort...just willingness. To extend the golf analogy...it is like a new course that has an amazing and innovative design, the fairways are lush and the greens are fast. The clubhouse is really nice too but not fully furnished yet. That is an easier problem to solve and I would join that course because of the course play and the understanding that the other things are relativelyt easy to complete and will be there soon enough. It�s not like there are still bulldozers knocking down trees to build the fairways.

Apps are easy.

Right.

Instagram???? Netflix??

Right.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    mset and JeepBB like this.
    08-13-13 02:43 PM
    Amazing this was all possible and yet multiple alarms took seven months.

Sent from my beautiful, perfect, white iPhone 5 via Tapatalk 2...
    08-13-13 02:46 PM
    The scenario above exists today is being demo'd and actively worked on. When will it be commercial or mainstream? Not sure, but prototypes have been shown and the "QNX Car platform" won best of show at CES this year.
    So you described a theoretical construct that is as real as tourism to the moon.

TODAY, what of all that is real?

08-13-13 02:53 PM
    Agreed that active frames is a webOS tribute. A correction about the hub...you can choose what accounts or services you would like to appear in it. It is not forced on you. Plus I can post a tweet, reply to a DM, post a FB status, participate in chat, send a text or an email or a BBM all from the hub WITHOUT every needing the FB or Twitter or Messaging apps to launch.
    How do I get CNN in the hub? BBC? The Weather Channel?

Of course I want the app to launch. I want the full experience.

08-13-13 02:59 PM
    I feel like I've just spent 20 minutes with Jim and Mike.

jstirtzinger likes this.
    08-13-13 03:04 PM
    So you described a theoretical construct that is as real as tourism to the moon.

TODAY, what of all that is real?

LOL and If Steve Jobs had presented all this the headlines would read "Book your vacations on the moon now!"
    tjseaman likes this.
    08-13-13 03:10 PM
    I feel like I've just spent 20 minutes with Jim and Mike.

Ha that's funny....not sure how answering questions and sharing how you see something is a bad thing...but anyway.
    08-13-13 03:11 PM
    How do I get CNN in the hub? BBC? The Weather Channel?

Of course I want the app to launch. I want the full experience.

The API's are opening for more apps to create notifications in the hub...depends on if they will use them or not. You can of course have CNN or BBC email or text alerts for new stories you follow delivered to the hub that way. Of course sometimes you want the full FB or Twitter experience AND sometimes you don't - just a quick post or reply an move on. Nice to have the option don't you think?
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-13-13 03:15 PM
142 1234 ...