BlackBerry CEO says Android and Windows Phone are "not mobile computing platforms", BB working on new tablet projects

I've been trying to explain my friends about his last comment about: iPhone was dated, but now this will be hard to do xD.
    03-22-13 04:45 PM
    LOL...

Thor's gonna say what Thor's gotta say to sell his devices. It's his job to make folks believe that his product is better.

I did find this nugget from the original article interesting:

Heins in part blamed customer losses on the company's slowness to embrace BYOD. “We needed to catch the wave of BYOD and we were probably not the first ones to the party,” he said.
    He doesn't seem to discount BYOD at all.
    03-22-13 04:59 PM
    ^^agree^^...he's calculating and very smart; I am comfortable with him steering the ship.
    bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    03-22-13 06:04 PM
    lollll comments are hilarious
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-22-13 06:09 PM
    Thor actually did not say that.THe writer has interpreted it in his own way.Thor did not say any of these things no quotes.
    How does not sharing teh same computing vision=not mobile computing platforms.SH!t stiring at its finest.

Although android has no chance of being a computing platform its not RTOS.
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 06:12 PM
    Lol. A lot of statements made without a single quote to back them up. If he was interviewed, and he did indeed say these things, where are the quotes?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 03-22-13 at 07:46 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-22-13 07:36 PM
    Thor actually did not say that.THe writer has interpreted it in his own way.Thor did not say any of these things no quotes.
    How does not sharing teh same computing vision=not mobile computing platforms.SH!t stiring at its finest.

According to the ORIGINAL piece at BlackBerry embraces BYOD to win back customers - Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), ios, consumerisation of IT, wireless, Android, z10, enterprise, mobile, Blackberry, Apple, Google, mobile computing, smartphones - Computerworld he did say that:

Android and Windows Phone “are not mobile computing platforms,” he said.
    Still, it's an opinion. I like that he is talking. I'm sure the other CEOs would have their opinions.
    03-22-13 07:45 PM
    And according to many iPhone and Android users on here they see it as an attack on them and makes them hate BBRY all the more.
    03-22-13 07:57 PM
    And according to many iPhone and Android users on here they see it as an attack on them and makes them hate BBRY all the more.
    I don't see it as an attack though. At most, dropping the gauntlet. I kinda like the forwardness LOL.
    kbz1960 and bungaboy like this.
    03-22-13 08:03 PM
    I don't see it as an attack though. At most, dropping the gauntlet. I kinda like the forwardness LOL.
    Some people are too sensitive LOL
    03-22-13 08:12 PM
    In an interview to Computerworld Australia, Heins has said that his company considered offering BlackBerry services to Windows Phone and Android at one point, but eventually decided that neither WP, nor Android share BlackBerry's vision of mobile computing future, where mobile devices are capable of executing the same tasks as desktop computers. In this regard, the CEO has said that Windows Phone and Android aren't true mobile computing platforms
    Aren't true?!?! many people reporting this different ways seems like it was taken out of context and spun to stir the pot... so he didn't say they aren't

Android and Windows Phone “are not mobile computing platforms,” he said.
    i.e could be "are not mobile computing platfoms in the way Blackberry 10 is and how it handle multitasking"

Whenever you see words and then an actual quote it is better to disregard the whole sentence.

What do you feel about Ice cream?

I love Ice cream my friend says it tastes of ****
    Speaking of Ice Cream Mr X mentioned "tastes of ****"
    You'd be surprised ever read a front page of a gossip magazine with a stunning headline by a known person then you read it and it is less wowing because it is in context? - still I can not be sure what he exactly said but I doubt he was bashing the other platforms, the quote I provided may put things in context.
    03-22-13 08:15 PM
    This guy is either really crazy going round saying sheet about other platforms,

OR

He's very very confident with what he's got (bb10) and has a lot of ammo under those long sleeves.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 08:15 PM
    You know what folks, if all these carrier partnerships
    (sp) partners are not doing what it seems they are not doing i.e. upholding their end of the Bargain/deal then this is advertising from the ground up and I bet it works. All of the negative publicity, can work for BBRY, enough of it makes people at the very least check the platform out....and once they do that........nough said!
    03-22-13 08:19 PM

WTH? Are you trying to say only RTOS can be a computing platform?!
    03-22-13 10:27 PM
    Go home Heins, you are drunk.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 11:24 AM
    No. They aren't like that.
    03-23-13 11:27 AM
    We need this German. Canadians were too polite.
    mike869 and gorang like this.
    03-23-13 11:34 AM

I hate to argue against Blackberry, but... what makes a computing platform is not necessarily the technical superiority of its OS/kernel, whatever. It is the ** willingness ** of large numbers of developers and users to participate in building out and using products and services that grow the base.

If you want to judge Blackberrys future as a platform, pay attention to how successful Alec Saunders is. and pay attention to how many companies announce partnerships and services for blackberry. Not who has a RTOS and who does not.

By the way, Windows CE is also a RTOS and it will never take over as a platform.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    peter9477 and Marc_Paradise like this.
    03-23-13 11:55 AM