Politico reported last week that President Obama conducted talks with Apple, Google, defense contractors, etc surrounding NSA surveillance.

Why was BlackBerry - the leader in mobile security - inconspicuously absent?
    08-11-13 01:43 PM
    Probably because they:

1. Haven't been leaking out user's info;
    2. Haven't had any security issues that demanded the USA Gov to ask them to come.

08-11-13 01:52 PM
    because Politico may have maliciously omitted mentioning BlackBerry or maybe all foreign mobile phone makers (including Samsung) were not invited.
    08-11-13 01:56 PM
    Politico reported last week that President Obama conducted talks with Apple, Google, defense contractors, etc surrounding NSA surveillance.

Because of this guy,

http://www.techguylabs.com/episodes/...othing-special

QNX posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:06 PM

BlackBerry wasn't invited because there is no nsa surveillance on the devices. Nothing to ask.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:44 PM
    BlackBerry wasn't invited because there is no nsa surveillance on the devices.
    Is that a known fact?
    Last edited by birdman_38; 08-11-13 at 02:57 PM.
    08-11-13 02:46 PM
    Because of this guy,

http://www.techguylabs.com/episodes/...othing-special

QNX posted via CB10
    What a piece of cr@ap biased review !

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 02:55 PM
    Is that a known fact?
    For all everybody knows, yes. And most of us have messed with the OS enough by now to have missed that.
    08-11-13 03:02 PM

The reason for this meeting pretty much answers your question.

Posted via Z10
    08-11-13 03:06 PM
    Actually, there are reasons why BB might not be automatically invited to this discussion. For one thing, both Apple and Google are significant mail hosts where BB is more a part of the infrastructure.

And, at this point, BB is a very small part of the US market. Marginal, even.
    08-11-13 03:15 PM
    Actually, there are reasons why BB might not be automatically invited to this discussion. For one thing, both Apple and Google are significant mail hosts where BB is more a part of the infrastructure.

But they're a big defense contractor, are they not?
    diegonei likes this.
    08-11-13 03:17 PM
    Blackberry isn't considered a big player in the tech market. I remember reading about a meeting between all the big tech firms prior to the release of the Z10. There was a picture with all of the big shots from johnny ive, marissa mayer, google execs, big name app developers etc. I don't recall seeing or reading about anyone from Blackberry being present at that meeting.
    08-11-13 03:22 PM
    Is that a known fact?
    About as known fact as all the armchair ceo's on this site saying blackberry is done, that would make both comments equally stupid right?

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    08-11-13 03:25 PM
    I would add that BlackBerry isn't an American company so I doubt Obama would be contacting them regularly for data. They would have no incentive to say yes.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 03:28 PM
    The president loves BlackBerry period. The government approved BlackBerry for use. I don't see it as a bad thing not mentioning BlackBerry at all for this meeting. The president more than likely already had meetings with BlackBerry. Let's ask Kevin and the rest what he thinks about it?
    08-11-13 04:09 PM
    Probably because they:

1. Haven't been leaking out user's info;
    2. Haven't had any security issues that demanded the USA Gov to ask them to come.

yeah right..because the Canadian government doesn't get info from Blackberry..other governments do India wants data on every BlackBerry customer worldwide.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/04...n_1446907.html

you are so naive..NSA get data from anyone Blackberry included
    08-11-13 04:13 PM
    yeah right..because the Canadian government doesn't get info from Blackberry..other governments do India wants data on every BlackBerry customer worldwide.
    Lawful Access: Public Safety Canada Argues It Needs New Spy Powers If Foreign Ownership Of Telecoms Allowed

you are so naive..NSA get data from anyone Blackberry included
    Only as naive as some of you are paranoid

Screw it if they can see my data. It's not like I carry state secrets in this device anyway. But yeah, BlackBerry is know for it's security and the major reason why a good deal of us didn't go to other platforms.
    08-11-13 04:40 PM
    Thanks Buck. I may not always agree with you, but I know you'll always be forthright.
    08-11-13 06:18 PM
    Blackberry is in his pocket
    08-11-13 06:27 PM
    I would add that BlackBerry isn't an American company so I doubt Obama would be contacting them regularly for data. They would have no incentive to say yes.

Posted via CB10
    Simply stated, BlackBerry is a Canadian company. This isn't about their U.S. market share or anything else. Note that Samsung wasn't there either.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    08-11-13 06:42 PM
    About as known fact as all the armchair ceo's on this site saying blackberry is done, that would make both comments equally stupid right?

Posted via CB10
    It's absurd naivety to think blackberry isn't on the outs. If nobody is catching your hailmary pass, you lose.
    08-11-13 06:46 PM
    It's absurd naivety to think blackberry isn't on the outs. If nobody is catching your hailmary pass, you lose.
    I'm not so sure. I mean, if replacement officials are involved. . .

Replacement refs botch Packers-Seahawks ending | Audibles - SI.com
    08-11-13 06:57 PM
    The president loves BlackBerry period. The government approved BlackBerry for use. I don't see it as a bad thing not mentioning BlackBerry at all for this meeting. The president more than likely already had meetings with BlackBerry. Let's ask Kevin and the rest what he thinks about it?
    Who cares what this marxist likes.

QNX posted via CB10
    08-11-13 07:25 PM
    Blackberry is in his pocket
    And? Your point?
    Last edited by birdman_38; 08-11-13 at 08:26 PM.
    08-11-13 07:35 PM
    The odds of this President (or any other) meeting with a Canadian company before meeting with the American ones under these circumstances are so low as to actually be negative.
    08-11-13 08:33 PM
31 12