Hey guys,

I'm seriously considering a Q10 as my next phone, but all of this talk of a takeover has me a little concerned. What I'm wondering is, if BB gets taken over is there the possibility that support for BB10 could drop? I saw what happened to the Playbook and if a takeover is a real possibility I'd hate to be stuck with a device that has no support and no updates.

I'm not asking whether you guys think that a take over will happen, or whether you think if it does that it's your opinion that support wouldn't drop, merely could this happen?
    07-04-13 11:48 PM
    It wud be supported of course

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 12:18 AM
    Hey guys,

I'm seriously considering a Q10 as my next phone, but all of this talk of a takeover has me a little concerned. What I'm wondering is, if BB gets taken over is there the possibility that support for BB10 could drop? I saw what happened to the Playbook and if a takeover is a real possibility I'd hate to be stuck with a device that has no support and no updates.

I'm not asking whether you guys think that a take over will happen, or whether you think if it does that it's your opinion that support wouldn't drop, merely could this happen?
    It is quite likely....but by whom....ahhh...THAT has been the million dollar question for two years now
    07-05-13 12:23 AM
    BB5, 6, 7 and 10 will be supported for years..rememeber all goverment accounts do not get rid of products overnight. New taker will ensure that bb10 is supported for years.
    07-05-13 12:58 AM
    BB5, 6, 7 and 10 will be supported for years..rememeber all goverment accounts do not get rid of products overnight. New taker will ensure that bb10 is supported for years.
    You would think so. But it is BlackBerry we're talking about...the same company that recently shunned100% of their tablet user base.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by birdman_38; 07-05-13 at 11:42 AM.
    07-05-13 01:33 AM
    I'm sure the new company would look after the existing devices just like HP did with webOS.. oh wait.

But seriously I think they would have to as there would be enough users and companies still using BlackBerry that would complain and they would get a really bad reputation otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 02:09 AM
    I'm sure the new company would look after the existing devices just like HP did with webOS.. oh wait.

But seriously I think they would have to as there would be enough users and companies still using BlackBerry that would complain and they would get a really bad reputation otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    What kind of reputation would they care about if they'd been bought and dismantled??
    07-05-13 07:47 AM
    He's referring to the aquiring company's reputation.

What kind of reputation would they care about if they'd been bought and dismantled??
    07-05-13 08:37 AM
    He's referring to the aquiring company's reputation.
    Ahh touch

I dunno I was about to go out and get a Q10 but this talk of acquisition is a little off putting.
    07-05-13 11:23 AM
    There are contingency plans in place for this. Communications would not cease, and government and corporate accounts would move on to something else.
    07-05-13 11:58 AM
    There is a very high likeliness BB10 will be dropped. BBRY is more likely to be acquired by a holding/investment company, in my honest opinion, than an actual electronics maker.

Such a company will have interest in retaining only BBRY's profitable divisions and have no incentive to support BB10 users whatsoever. There is no "reputation damage" to a non-OEM.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 07-05-13 at 02:28 PM.
    07-05-13 12:56 PM
    Who could possibly take over Blackberry?
    07-05-13 07:51 PM
    SentimentGX4, just looking at your name, are you a paid troll by Samsung to post crap here?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:34 PM
    OP makes a valid question.

Unfortunately, it would depend on the reputation of the acquirer. Now, if we use Plato logic, the acquiring company would purchase BlackBerry because it believes BBRY has under valued assets from which current management has no clue how to execute its strategy or extract shareholder value out of these assets.

The acquiring company would want to maintain BBRY enterprise subscribers thus support BB10 and BES10. The added value would come from attracting customers with Jelly Bean emulator and direct access to Google Play and forget about BlackBerry World (it's a mess). So enterprise assets are the crown jewel. Go ahead and purchase your Q10. BlackBerry will be around until end of 2014 or beyond. By then, your 2 year contract is almost up and we'll be using embedded smartphones in our forearms.
    Last edited by the_sleuth; 07-05-13 at 11:11 PM.
    07-05-13 10:47 PM