This is for basically half a quarter of Z10 sales minus the US market. The Q10 will be the real money maker and that won't even be in completely until Q3 2013. I'm predicting 15-20 million BB10 sales easily this year.

The A10 will be more popular than the Z10. The Q10.2 will be more popular than the original Q10. There might even be a slider after that. Don't forget this sexy prototype they patented.
    Stop Freaking Out People!!!-images-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    06-28-13 10:05 PM
    It's actually not a half quarter of Z sales, I believe the quarter started in February or March. Also, the Q us mostly out now. And imo, that prototype is gosh awful. All that being said, I agree with your sentiment.
    06-28-13 10:12 PM
    Oh yeah I think you're right. Still though, BlackBerry had a major image problem that they seem to be recovering from and come on.... what is BlackBerry without a keyboard?

I do love my Z10 better than my old iPhone 5 but nobody believes me because of BlackBerry's black eye in the public. Look how excited people get when apple keeps releasing the same iphone over and over. People are stupid and will buy anything with hype. We just need to continue building the hype.

06-28-13 10:18 PM
    It's actually not a half quarter of Z sales, I believe the quarter started in February or March. Also, the Q us mostly out now. And imo, that prototype is gosh awful. All that being said, I agree with your sentiment.
    I wish my Z10 had a flip up keyboard, but I realise it's probably a couple years away still if even possible at all.

06-28-13 10:20 PM
    Oh yeah I think you're right. Still though, BlackBerry had a major image problem that they seem to be recovering from and come on.... what is BlackBerry without a keyboard? I do love my Z10 better than my old iPhone 5 but nobody believes me because of BlackBerry's black eye in the public. Look how excited people get when apple keeps releasing the same iphone over and over. People are stupid and will buy anything with hype. We just need to continue building the hype. Posted via CB10 on the Z10
    Ditto. It's what I've been saying for it seems like years now: BlackBerry needs to market and advertise like crazy if they want to sell phones. *says the guy who hasn't taken a marketing class since 10th grade*
    BigBadWulf and nt300 like this.
    06-28-13 10:32 PM
    Agreed.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    06-28-13 11:16 PM
    I think things would have gone better if the Z had not had the reboot issue and the OS had been where it is now at 10.1. It's good news that the Q has started as strong as it has, and BlackBerry just needs to make sure it doesn't pull another bone head move on the release of the A10, like it did with the Z.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    06-28-13 11:24 PM
    They were trying to overcome their "over promise and under deliver" reputation.
    Whoops, they did it again!

They did not manage expectations properly. The Playbook deal is nothing; they wrote them off quarters ago and they were dead money anyway.
    They shipped far fewer than even the most bearish estimates (certainly below the pie in the sky numbers thrown around here).

You can defend them (successfully) because they shot themselves in the foot again. No matter how many excuses the faithful come up with will change that. Their reputation - which MAY have been getting better - is back at rock bottom.
    mikeo007, Saiga, timberdc and 1 others like this.
    06-28-13 11:25 PM
    BlackBerry does indeed have an image problem which is why they need to do some smart marketing and advertising telling people BlackBerry 10 is new, fresh and powerful all backed by the best OS, the QNX.
    06-28-13 11:29 PM
    They were trying to overcome their "over promise and under deliver" reputation.
    Whoops, they did it again!

They did not manage expectations properly. The Playbook deal is nothing; they wrote them off quarters ago and they were dead money anyway.
    They shipped far fewer than even the most bearish estimates (certainly below the pie in the sky numbers thrown around here).

You can defend them (successfully) because they shot themselves in the foot again. No matter how many excuses the faithful come up with will change that. Their reputation - which MAY have been getting better - is back at rock bottom.
    I believe this to be closer to reality.
    06-28-13 11:30 PM
    I believe the playbook not getting bb10 is a business decision so more people will buy they're next tablet / phablet.

06-28-13 11:36 PM
    I believe the playbook not getting bb10 is a business decision so more people will buy they're next tablet / phablet.

And a few weeks ago Thorsten Heins said "tablets are not a good business model". Playbook sales, from day one, were underwhelming. It was a tremendous distraction. And you actually think BlackBerry will "market" a new tablet?
    06-28-13 11:44 PM

Keep in mind that BB10 uses 1 gig of RAM to run, the original PlayBook only had one gig of RAM. Therefore, BB10 would have run very sluggish, and a light version of BB10 would not have gone well with anyone expecting the real deal. Good idea to scrap the plan than to through money at nothing.
    Rezia likes this.
    06-28-13 11:49 PM
    Who cares about how many devices they will sell? They are slowly starting to focus more on software anyways. It's the number of subscribers they are losing that is the scary part.

And now that they're giving away software to competitors (BBM), there is nothing that differentiates a Z10 to an iPhone or Galaxy for the average consumer.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 07:48 AM
    Keep in mind that BB10 uses 1 gig of RAM to run, the original PlayBook only had one gig of RAM. Therefore, BB10 would have run very sluggish, and a light version of BB10 would not have gone well with anyone expecting the real deal. Good idea to scrap the plan than to through money at nothing.
    I've read this in 10 different threads. If true, don't you think the CEO of the company that made both products should have known that? Or at least had one of his subordinates mention that to him BEFORE he made the BB10 on PB announcement?
    06-29-13 12:52 PM
    And a few weeks ago Thorsten Heins said "tablets are not a good business model". Playbook sales, from day one, were underwhelming. It was a tremendous distraction. And you actually think BlackBerry will "market" a new tablet?
    And Apple said there was no place for a 7 inch tablet, well they marketed a new one.

I'm sure there may be a new tablet, however they'll probably label it as something otherwise.
    FSeverino likes this.
    06-29-13 01:11 PM
    +1000, agreed!!!
    06-29-13 01:17 PM
    I Think from the consumer market BB10 has got to get more apps on the platform. What may be preventing many people from upgrading is that their core apps still have to arrive on BB10. Once that happens BlackBerry will be able to compete on a more even footing. Problem is they need to get the apps on10 now.
    06-29-13 01:18 PM
    And Apple said there was no place for a 7 inch tablet, well they marketed a new one.

I'm sure there may be a new tablet, however they'll probably label it as something otherwise.
    "I'm sure there may be a new tablet". Words to live by. BlackBerry Marketing 101.
    BlackBerry should stay far, far away from the tablet market. They think selling phones is hard? Try selling a tablet after miserably failing the first time.
    06-29-13 01:23 PM
    All things considered, BlackBerry will easily be around for the life cycle of the Z and the Q. Worst case scenario, we all move on to new devices in a year or two, and I don't think there's anyone who can honestly deny that BlackBerry dug its own grave if that happens.

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    06-29-13 02:15 PM