I sold after the drop. But here is my thinking.

Blackberry might not be dead and even if they grow abit they should be fine.

In my opinion this stock is an under $10 stock for now just in my view that will probably trade between 7-10 for the next quarter and somewhere in the middle dropping below 7.

In reality im out because im not sure what I believe anymore with these guys. So I can't stay in.

Also I really really believe A TON of shorts sold after the drop. When your shorting the stock between $14 and $18 for 3 months and CATCH a 30% GAIN in 1 day it's smart to sell some of your position for sure.

Anyways there shouldn't be any talk of short squeeze this quarter because in reality it's a fantasy. We had our chance at the numbers release and if we would have done as good as many of us thought we probably would have had a squeeze like TESLA because remember they were shorted and surprised. We were shorted and disapointed even on the LOW end. That's what scares me.

So I see the short numbers dropping because really they have made a huge profit. There will still be alot kicking around but if it ever gets to under $7 I don't see them having a reason to stay. Its too risky if Blackberry gets bought out.
    07-03-13 08:48 PM
    Further to the above post is that there is simply no good news coming down the pipe. Reading the press, even the local one in Waterloo, is depressing. The silence at RIM is deafening. The coming shareholder's meeting must be a disater in the making for TH. Best scenario now for shareholder value is if there is a takeover or the company goes private.
    07-03-13 09:22 PM
    Ya, good point, there does seem to be a ton of exciting things in the pipeline!

Bbm X, bbm channels, bbm money, BES 10 as well as support for the two largest mobile OS on the planet ($99 each per year!), Q5 rollout, A10 super phone in time for Christmas!

I'm curious to see how the medical equipment and vehicle system start to come together into the 'Internet of things'

Also 2.7 M is a great first full quarter of sales. Just need to build on it as the other 4 devices come out and they launch into more of the world.

Very exciting stuff!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dusdal; 07-04-13 at 02:22 AM.
    07-03-13 11:46 PM
    This reminds me a lot of the PreCentral talk in its heyday. All webOS needs is good marketing, Rome wasn't built in a day, HP is going to put webOS in every PC and printer, wait for the superphone, etc. Everyone had their favorite gimmick that would eventually rule the day: card metaphor, synergy, inductive charging, touch to share, Beats audio. The always seemed to look past the reality of basically poor sales. A new device in this market doesn't really catch on after its released. It either starts out pretty hot or it fizzles real fast. Blackberry's flagship device is probably selling about as well as it's going to by now. It's not going to look any better after new models and OS upgrades come out in a few months.
    notfanboy, aniym, kfh227 and 1 others like this.
    07-04-13 12:12 AM
    Edit: I have nothing productive to add

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by dusdal; 07-04-13 at 01:14 AM.
    07-04-13 12:21 AM
    This reminds me a lot of the PreCentral talk in its heyday. All webOS needs is good marketing, Rome wasn't built in a day, HP is going to put webOS in every PC and printer, wait for the superphone, etc. Everyone had their favorite gimmick that would eventually rule the day: card metaphor, synergy, inductive charging, touch to share, Beats audio. The always seemed to look past the reality of basically poor sales. A new device in this market doesn't really catch on after its released. It either starts out pretty hot or it fizzles real fast. Blackberry's flagship device is probably selling about as well as it's going to by now. It's not going to look any better after new models and OS upgrades come out in a few months.
    Indeed, it is effectively a religious postion, the idea that once the consumers see the light about feature x or y, the day of salvation would be upon us. Peek and flow seems to serve the same function here as 'real multitasking' used to for WebOS fans - something that they are convinced will make a big difference but of little interest to Joe public.

There after other parallels as well, a CEO with grandiose plans for the future of computing, lots of interesting but vague promises about applications outside mobile and so on.
    07-04-13 05:51 AM
    Also 2.7 M is a great first full quarter of sales.
    How do I say this........ur wrong.

Posted via CB10
    the_sleuth likes this.
    07-04-13 07:21 AM
    How do I say this........ur wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Haha. Why do you think it's bad?

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 07:58 AM
    Haha. Why do you think it's bad?

Posted via CB10
    Why do u think its good? It obviously wasn't enough to post a profit so therefore it's bad.

Even umi's posts here on cb said they needed to sell about 3.5m units to make a profit.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:03 AM
    I think we are without having quantifiable data from the countries launched into or BlackBerry's internal targets.

I would say if it met or exceeded internal targets it's quite good.

It is also the most sales for 2nd Q of any new OS, so that could be taken as a positive.

I would expect them to hit more than your mentioned 3.5 M next quarter, but who knows until then.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:16 AM
    I think we are without having quantifiable data from the countries launched into or BlackBerry's internal targets.

I would say if it met or exceeded internal targets it's quite good.

It is also the most sales for 2nd Q of any new OS, so that could be taken as a positive.

I would expect them to hit more than your mentioned 3.5 M next quarter, but who knows until then.

Posted via CB10
    Bottom line is they made a loss so no matter what targets internal or external it didn't generate a profit. There's no escaping that.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:20 AM
    I think, there will be better opportunities than now to enter BBRY for quick trade in the future. As I look at the chart, in the $7 to $8 range or maybe lower. It might retest $6 range again this year.

Gallery View - StockCharts.com - Free Charts
    Thanks for the reply, but all I'm going to say in response is that a turnaround doesn't happen on a dime.

The posted loss was expected, as is the upcoming one, but that's called an investment, in my books...the return is going to be in subsequent quarters.

Just wait...
    07-04-13 08:20 AM
    Absolutely. Electronics aren't like music or movies where a product can become a sleeper hit through the slow diffusion of word of mouth. It is a volume business and you either sell a lot right off the bat and then plateau, or you sell poorly at first, and even worse down the line. The exception would be the Playbook, but a 60% price cut in 6 months obviously isn't standard business practice.

As for WebOS, there is still so much hate for HP among fanboys it's ridiculous. I bought a firesale TouchPad and it was terrible out of the box. Very laggy without homebrew hacks that fixed the OS' GUI inefficiencies. The card based multitasking system was OK, but the browser couldn't load more than one tab at a time. It supported multiple tabs, but if you tried to load two pages, it'd only load the page on the active tab. HP might have owened Palm, but Palm operated autonomously within HP and they screwed up the product.

The value proposition for WebOS was there in 2009, but in 2011 it was well behind the competition. As for the App Store, it was worse than BB10. That's all that needs to be said about it really.
    07-04-13 08:31 AM
    Bottom line is they made a loss so no matter what targets internal or external it didn't generate a profit. There's no escaping that.

Posted via CB10
    So on that basis, Q4 2013, they sold 1 M Z10s and posted a profit. Was that a good number of sales then?

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    07-04-13 09:02 AM
    No sales numbers are ever indicated.
    Shipping numbers are indicated.
    What was their internal sales projection?
    What did they indicate to investors?

We don't know.
    07-04-13 09:04 AM
90 ... 234