I know the market fluctuates but the stocks have been taking a pounding lately. Any specific ideas why?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 02:59 PM
    I see

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 03:30 PM
    There is always a possibility that some inside information about the earnings report has been leaked and certain investors may be slowly dumping their shares.
    03-11-14 03:32 PM
    There is always a possibility that some inside information about the earnings report has been leaked and certain investors may be slowly dumping their shares.
    True. And there is a possibility that if pigs had wings, and the wind was blowing hard enough, that they could fly. Right?
    03-11-14 03:39 PM
    True. And there is a possibility that if pigs had wings, and the wind was blowing hard enough, that they could fly. Right?
    Sorry, I just ate pork chops for supper and I didn't see any wings so I don't think pigs can fly, no matter how hard the wind blows.

Lol

Z10 10.2.1.1925
    03-11-14 04:10 PM
    The stock is just cooling off.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 05:11 PM
    Misinformation.
    Qnx was rumored to play an integral role in apple's carplay, it doesn't.

Same thing happened when the pentagon was rumored to have purchased 80,000 bb devices they didn't.

Sometimes a company's most ardent fans can be damaging to said company

Can you explain further???
    03-11-14 05:54 PM
    Roller-coaster

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 05:56 PM
    I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that, close to earnings report, the stock price and short activity reflects either a sentiment based on predictions about the report or outright insider knowledge of what the earnings report will show. Just Google Raj Rajaratnam who built a career on insider trading of tech companies before earnings reports before he was caught.

And Apple CarPlay runs on QNX like Windows runs on a monitor and uses a keyboard but I don't see Microsoft as being partners with Vizio and Logitech.
    03-11-14 06:11 PM
    I think the honeymoon the Chen is over and he needs to start figuring out a way to boost sales. I wish he knew what a gem he has with the Z30. The thing is a work of art and it never quits.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    03-11-14 06:46 PM
    Please understand the markets have been volatile recently across the board, I see the stock doubling by next summer (2015) at least, even the traditional bears at Wallstreet have recognized the fact that the stock is poised to soar.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 11:36 PM
    There's lots of resistance above 10 USD because of the convertible, but that also means that the debt is disappearing. US market share figures showed further declines for BlackBerry, and as mentioned, the qnx aspect of the auto side hasn't been well understood. It's also natural drift after the last run up. Don't worry, I trust Chen and there has been some recent price drops to stir up bb10 device sales around the world that have been already paid for by the previous writedowns.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    03-12-14 06:42 AM
    There's lots of resistance above 10 USD because of the convertible, but that also means that the debt is disappearing. US market share figures showed further declines for BlackBerry, and as mentioned, the qnx aspect of the auto side hasn't been well understood. It's also natural drift after the last run up. Don't worry, I trust Chen and there has been some recent price drops to stir up bb10 device sales around the world that have been already paid for by the previous writedowns.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, there has been a lot of inspiring news lately. The Whatsapp $19B deal got people wondering and speculating, qnx has been on fire with so many companies moving into the car os/app space. Also, Chen has been an interesting character making headlines...and now for some cooling down.

I'm personally interested in service revenue this quarter. It has been holding up well compared to handset sales. I'm sure bis subscribers are dropping but bes adoption looks strong and we will start seeing some revenue from the fortune 500.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:19 AM
    I have to agree that it is a cooling down on the stock. Unfortunately I picked it up at 10.70 thinking their might have been another days worth of "good feelings" but that was wrong. BBRY is going to be a bit of a roller coaster, I'd expect to see a big swing in some direction once the earnings report comes out. Long term (2.5+) years, I think anyone who bought under 12 a share will be in the black. BlackBerry is moving towards the higher margin enterprise segment, its just a matter of stopping the bleeding.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 09:04 AM
    I hope the stock doesn't dip below $9
    It will and it rise after that, till BlackBerry starts showing some positive numbers this is going to happen for a while. However as the CEO has pointed out the company is expected to return to profitability by end of next Financial year. They are making money which I think a lot of people are NOT looking at ,their overheads at present vs market share is what's beating them back and causing their retreat with restructuring. Hopefully with BES12 and the release of new devices we will soon see a return to Black and BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 10:05 AM
    yea, last 5 days don't look so good...

Stock lately-img_20140312_162114_edit.jpg
    03-12-14 04:26 PM
    Yeah, +24% YTD. That ain't too bad.
    03-12-14 05:32 PM
    Yea, lost $1 this week... and I have no idea why...

Posted with my awesome Z30
    03-14-14 06:27 AM
    I think many investors are cashing out in anticipation to a bad earnings report. We all know BB10 sales are not where they need to be yet.

The stock will probably go well below $9 by end of month.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:48 AM
    Qnx acts like a peripheral to control the iPhone, like a mouse or a keyboard, everything is done on the iPhone.

Volvo has the best implementation of carplay and it uses android not qnx.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/3/5/...video-in-Volvo
    I am sorry but you and your sources don't even know what you are talking about. If android would be an reliable system it would at least have some RAMS criteria to fulfill. Android does not even stand the lowest categories of those criteria.

Therefore Volvo just can't use android as underlying system. No way.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-14 07:57 AM
    Or according to grivel 1+1= 3.14 because he said so, talk about delusional.

Android coming to new Volvo�s-http://blog.clove.co.uk/2013/03/14/android-coming-to-new-volvos/

Android powers new Volvo infotainment system-http://androidcommunity.com/android-powers-new-volvo-infotainment-system-20130312/

You should be sorry, at least I provided a source. I would be sorry if all I did was talk out of my *** like you obviously are doing, blasting the verge and offering conjuncture as fact. Why don't you keep your speculation to yourself from this point forward. Mkay.
    That's a 1 year old article... they are indeed moving to qnx via airplay

http://mobilesyrup.com/2014/03/03/ap...unces-carplay/

Posted with my awesome Z30
    03-18-14 09:16 PM
    I think the coming quarter results is going to surprise a little.

Chen has been very aggressive with cost cutting and selling non core assets. Even going as far at to do a sale and least back of almost all of blackberry properties which I think is an excellent move.

The cash the company now has must have increased by a significant amount.

BES12 is very impressive and observations from my light research I would find it hard to understand why any company would want a different product. But still BES will take a while to obtain the volume of customers it takes for it to be highly profitable. The pricing of MDMs have dropped tremendously and BlackBerry has followed suit so they would need significant volume.

Now that QNX is a little more mature and know id like to know if BlackBerry is making any real money from it. Its a huge market and I think its blackberry's trump card right now. What is not clear is how are they profiting from it.

Im a little more conservative about BBM. Its made leaps and bounds but the competition is great and they still havent sorted out some fundamental issues which limits its adoption rate which in turn devalues BBM.

In particular, telegram is progressing very quickly and if BlackBerry doesnt watch it like a hawk it may end up becoming bigger than BBM and whatsapp combined.

Devices are now a low profit business for BlackBerry but it's still important to "try" because it "could" be an eventual money maker for BlackBerry once again. Provided that more people use BB10 and end this chicken and egg situation with bb10 interest as far as the developers and market is concerned. The Z3 is the device to save this side of the business.

Overall I think John Chen is doing a hell of a job and he is trying his hardest.

But here's the thing, in every business there are time to sow and then there are times to reap.

This is BlackBerry time to sow so we cant expect spectacular profitability just yet. Thus why mr john is downplaying the market.

As a BlackBerry shareholder, we should go long like another 4 quarters at least but it wouldnt surprise me if he can turn things around sooner than expected.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    03-22-14 06:34 AM
    I hope the stock doesn't dip below $9
    I think it's possible it could dip Friday morning after the earnings call. To be honest, I don't think they'll be good - not enough time to right the ship amidst a see of uncertainty. It's possible the results won't be "as bad as expected" and they'll rise, but I'm pretty certain we're still going to see losses, lower revenue numbers relative to the previous year and weak shipment sales. Plus that year end number will include the giant write down number from Q3 that often gets misinterpreted by the public as a "cash loss".
    03-22-14 07:20 AM
    The quarter probably isn't as bad as the analysts put it but it won't really good either. Looking at a -0.4 to -0.5 loss
    03-23-14 12:08 PM
    I think many investors are cashing out in anticipation to a bad earnings report. We all know BB10 sales are not where they need to be yet.

The stock will probably go well below $9 by end of month.

Posted via CB10
    It's the end of the month. You called it:

Stock lately-screenhunter_14-mar.-31-17.46.jpg
    03-31-14 05:49 PM
30 12