Starting to really look like the company is gonna keep on shrinking until it becomes irrelevant.

The phones are great...the OS is nice...more advanced than the home button types...if Apple had this OS with their ecosystem it would destroy android...it would make android feel dated!

But without the Ecosystem it doesn't seem to matter what the phone is....

So unless they find a way to monetize BBM, BBRY might just dwindle away to irrelevancy!

And though they are adding apps, most are junk, and there is no support, not even from Canadian companies...the biggest Canadian bank (RBC) doesn't have an app for BB10.

No matter what they do , it looks hopeless....they are building a race car....but they don't have the engine...looks good, nice tires great brakes but it has a civic engine underneath!
    07-29-13 12:37 PM
    Do you have a question?
    Bugmapper and MasterOfBinary like this.
    07-29-13 12:38 PM
    Do you have a question?
    I don't see a question mark in the whole thing, do you? Maybe the OP wanted to vent. I find myself needing to do so recently.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    07-29-13 12:39 PM
    for bb keep moving away from pessimistic thoughts.
    BB will be always a world class company,its just going through a rough patch
    07-29-13 12:42 PM
    Good, market just needs weak hands to go.
    07-29-13 12:53 PM
    The shorts have done an amazing job at giving the perception that BlackBerry is going down. They have bombarded every single BlackBerry site and posted non stop negativity 24/7. The sp is so ridiculously cheap that it can not be explained. The more weak hands that let go the better. It's also a good time to either buy cheap commons and or calls. In a couple of months investors will say why didn't I buy? With billionaire prem watsa a 10% holder of BlackBerry shares I feel in good company. You also have other smart minds on the board. At this point in time I see no reason to sell my BlackBerry shares for 50 cents on the dollar of break up value.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-29-13 02:05 PM
    I am sure that Prem Watsa is THRILLED with his multi hundred million dollar loss. And a constantly declining stock price.
    Smart minds do not equal products that people want to buy.

And yes, the stock is way undervalued. And I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.
    07-29-13 02:11 PM
    That's what i'm saying......it is undervalued....but where is it going to go?

When i was in the states, i saw people testing out the Q10, they were in blackberry world looking up apps like bank of america and stuff ( saw it on the history!) and 7 out of 8 searches gave no results or listed a song in albums!

Am i wrong to think like this?

Before when the stock was @8 we had the phones coming out..the new OS...lots of hype!

Now that we are back at 8...phones are out...sales are bad....future is what?
    A10?
    BBM to IOS and Android to officially bury BB7 ?
    Falling service revenues?

Wheres the growth?

IDK, maybe they should buy out competitors to BES instead of waiting to get bought out!

Anyone have a clue what could boost BBRY instead of the same old same old?

In 6 months....january 2014, if the phones haven't sold ....is that the end of BB phones? And if BBM ain't much is that the end of BBRY? Not bankruptcy but just dissolving or sold at a discount to assets?

Yes i'm venting but i'm getting pretty tired of seeing it at the bottom of every stock list day after day after day...and listening to the boards stories, a board that besides Watsa owns no shares BTW!
    07-29-13 03:37 PM
    Worst of all. The management of BlackBerry seems are giving up. Too quiet. No news. No announcements. No actions. They don't care anymore?
    07-29-13 03:41 PM
    Good, market just needs weak hands to go.
    Indeed. I believe that is precisely how the shorts can cover. At the expense of the weak hands, that is.
    07-29-13 07:51 PM
    The phones are great...the OS is nice...more advanced than the home button types...if Apple had this OS with their ecosystem it would destroy android...it would make android feel dated!
    Apple's iOS is built from rock solid Unix. Android is built from scalable Linux. BlackBerry's QNX is finding out it's non-scalable.

Google is showing signs of not supporting Android anymore. They lost control of it so much that they are re-branding and eliminating Android components on new hardware. They haven't released an update in over a year.

But without the Ecosystem it doesn't seem to matter what the phone is....So unless they find a way to monetize BBM, BBRY might just dwindle away to irrelevancy!
    Apple did it with iTunes/iPod. Google did it by giving away free products in exchange for user data. BlackBerry is doing it by offering the same solution (albeit modern interface) they did a decade ago.

See the difference?
    07-30-13 04:13 AM
    The shorts have done an amazing job at giving the perception that BlackBerry is going down. They have bombarded every single BlackBerry site and posted non stop negativity 24/7. The sp is so ridiculously cheap that it can not be explained. The more weak hands that let go the better. It's also a good time to either buy cheap commons and or calls. In a couple of months investors will say why didn't I buy? With billionaire prem watsa a 10% holder of BlackBerry shares I feel in good company. You also have other smart minds on the board. At this point in time I see no reason to sell my BlackBerry shares for 50 cents on the dollar of break up value.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry but I place the blame directly at the door or Blackberry. Time to stop blaming the "shorts". They are just a product of Blackberry's poor management.

It is time to stop blaming "others" for Blackberry's mistakes!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-30-13 at 04:54 AM.
    sakin13 and nquyen like this.
    07-30-13 04:13 AM
    Apple's iOS is built from rock solid Unix. Android is built from scalable Linux. BlackBerry's QNX is finding out it's non-scalable.

Google is showing signs of not supporting Android anymore. They lost control of it so much that they are re-branding and eliminating Android components on new hardware. They haven't released an update in over a year.

Apple did it with iTunes/iPod. Google did it by giving away free products in exchange for user data. BlackBerry is doing it by offering the same solution (albeit modern interface) they did a decade ago.

See the difference?
    What do you mean Android hasn't sent out an update in over a year? Android 4.2 was released on November 13, 2012 and Android 4.3 was released this week.
    07-30-13 11:43 AM

See the difference?
    Linux is based on Unix.... soooo...

Each mentioned OS is good. I think QNX is best for what BlackBerry is using it for however it's not going to be the factor that sells phones. Apps and experience will be. Deliver a non apple/android experience with iOS performance and app selection and it will sell like crazy given time. I'm hoping we get flooded with Android apps after 10.2 because we really need it. The truth is without android runtime BB10 would not stand a chance. Windows Phone would eat it alive.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:00 PM
    alexmarch,

To answer your question, if Blackberry only has BES in two years and lost $1 billion of it's cash, it is still a $12 Billion company. Given the shares outstanding, that's still $25/share. I base this on what kind of free cash flows BES should generate.

BB10 and it's ecosystem are just icing on the cake should they work out.

If anything, BB10 is just a relevancy bridge to the BES 10 roll out.
    07-31-13 09:08 PM
    Worst of all. The management of BlackBerry seems are giving up. Too quiet. No news. No announcements. No actions. They don't care anymore?
    Maybe management is taking a different approach this time. After all the talk about BB10 and then watching it flop, they are remaining quite about the next launch and hoping it soars. First time we had great expectations and got ahead of ourselves, maybe this time we sneak up on them and surprise everyone?
    Stephen N Cooper likes this.
    07-31-13 09:15 PM
    4.2 Android Runtime is not the solution. Why would consumers sign-up for a device with a compromised Android experience. Wouldn't consumers just get an Android smartphone? BB management needs to spend money first and foremost on productivity apps running natively on BB10 (like Bank Apps and other Business Apps for Q10 & Z10). This will entice firms to signup and install BES10. Also BB management needs to spend money to subsidize the development of Netflix, Hulu Plus, Instagram, Adobe Photoshop Express, SugarSync and so forth.

Money talks and developers will cooperate. Only way to differentiate and only native apps will show why BB10 is better than Android or iOS.

I'm hoping we get flooded with Android apps after 10.2 because we really need it. The truth is without android runtime BB10 would not stand a chance. Windows Phone would eat it alive.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-13 09:43 PM
    What do you mean Android hasn't sent out an update in over a year? Android 4.2 was released on November 13, 2012 and Android 4.3 was released this week.
    Meant to say almost a year.

I didn't get the memo on 4.3. Apparently the UK just got it yesterday.
    08-01-13 11:19 AM

Actually 4.3 was released on July 24th.

As supported by Wikipedia and hundreds of blog and news items on that date.

Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    08-01-13 11:23 AM
    4.2 Android Runtime is not the solution. Why would consumers sign-up for a device with a compromised Android experience. Wouldn't consumers just get an Android smartphone? ......

.... Only way to differentiate and only native apps will show why BB10 is better than Android or iOS.
    I suspect it is because it is for people who want the BB10 experience, with a full app catalogue. I am part of that target. I do not want an Android experience, I very much like the BB10 environment but would like to have access to as many applications as possible.

Of course native is the best answer. This is obvious right now when you get a well made native application on BB10 it is absolutely stunning and a pleasure to use. However, for the time being they are building the BlackBerry app catalogue much quicker than Windows was able to.

Additionally some of the applications that were ported over originally are now bringing over a native version. In my humble opinion the Android Player strategy seems to have paid off quite well and it will be nice to have access to a greater number of them as well as hardware acceleration with 10.2.
    3_M4N likes this.
    08-01-13 11:26 AM
    I feel the same way, BlackBerry is dying slowly but surely, the question is "how long will it take?".
    08-01-13 11:30 AM

First it was over a year, now its almost a year lol. My math has it at around 8 months (November 13, 2012 to July 24, 2013), not exactly a long time between version especially when their new large update to 5.0 (Key Lime Pie) is rumored to be this October.
    08-01-13 01:25 PM
    This article, BlackBerry Stock Is Doomed for Bankruptcy or Breakup, certainly didn't lift my spirits.
    08-02-13 01:06 PM

See the difference?
    SO I am on Verizon and the last update I got was for my 9930 not my Z10
    08-02-13 01:17 PM
    SO I am on Verizon and the last update I got was for my 9930 not my Z10
    EGADS!
    08-02-13 10:51 PM
29 12