I start this thread for everybody to come out some suggestions to help. I have some idea: 1. Why not advertize more on Radios, like some all news radios. I find most products that advertize on radios seems all sell well. And the cost are not too dear. 2. Have Alicia Keyes sing a song for Blackberry's product, and broadcast on radios and TVs frequent enough untill all kids can sing it. Like to hear other suggestions.
    Otech#CB likes this.
    07-13-13 10:03 PM
    Send the carriers an OS that doesn't cause issues.
    rcab, DocDRM and m0de25 like this.
    07-13-13 10:13 PM
    1) Have them available to purchase in stores (believe me, that ain't the case around here)
    2) Advertise, Market, and advertise some more (with a REAL marketing campaign, not the last one)
    3) see #2
    4) see #3
    5) Act (or pretend) like you give a damn as a company trying to survive

Ya can't air-drop Zs and Qs from a C5, fly back to Canada and think everything will be good.

I say all this out of frustration cause I LOVE my Z... I think it's the best thing going. Just gotta let people KNOW that.
    edu3110, DocDRM and a1s2d3f4g5 like this.
    07-14-13 08:55 PM
    I start this thread for everybody to come out some suggestions to help. I have some idea: 1. Why not advertize more on Radios, like some all news radios. I find most products that advertize on radios seems all sell well. And the cost are not too dear. 2. Have Alicia Keyes sing a song for Blackberry's product, and broadcast on radios and TVs frequent enough untill all kids can sing it. Like to hear other suggestions.
    No amount of advertising can force a person to buy a product they don't want. In order for a person to consider a BB, they need reasons why they don't want an iPhone or an Android or even a Windows device.

Consumers know that celebrity endorsements are bogus. Does anyone really believe that Jennifer Lopez or Charlie Sheen drives a Fiat 500? The Fiat campaigns were created to increase brand awareness, but these kinds of endorsements help the brand less and are just self serving?. The Lopez commercial was obviously promoting her video, and Sheen was pumping his "bad boy" image.

Come to think of it, even BlackBerry's own ambassador, Alicia Keyes, has had trouble keeping her iPhone hidden.

The only way BlackBerry is going to get out of the situation they are in is by innovating out of it. Not by smoke and mirrors of paid endorsements or using dated media like radio.
    07-14-13 09:34 PM
    based on my recent week long holiday in San Diego, I can safely say that the typical American can easily be led, I would say that 99.9% of the devices my wife and I saw were iphones.
    07-14-13 09:52 PM
    based on my recent week long holiday in San Diego, I can safely say that the typical American can easily be led, I would say that 99.9% of the devices my wife and I saw were iphones.
    sad.................but true.
    07-15-13 08:43 AM
    Give people their money back that got a Z10 at the regular price since they are now free at places like Best Buys, or let them trade for a Q. The Z with the lack of OS support from the US carriers has made it a piece of Sh--
    07-15-13 08:44 AM
    So, in a week in one city, you met enough of the population of the US to make a claim that stupid?

San Diego population 1.3 million. Did you meet them all?

US population, ~320 million. Are they all like the people from San Diego? I'll give you a hint. It starts with the letter n.
    07-15-13 11:18 AM
    sad.................but true.
    Where do you guys find this logic?
    07-15-13 11:19 AM
    It is just that, Americans has always been led by hype and advertisements. If they have not heard of the product, they wouldn't touch it, if they have heard the name frequently, even the product is not perfect, they can forgive it. The low cost and effective way to achieve that is radio advertisement, especially on the all news or business radio program. Look in Canada, products like sleep country, marine land, Dodds garage door, Listen up Canada, Alarm force...All benefit from it. A song all kids can sing will sell products good or bad. That is the way this world is.
    07-15-13 09:55 PM
    heard an ad on 680 radio on Q10. Put on by Rogers aim at small business. It is very impressive. This kind of ad will change the fate for BlackBerry. They need to penetrate the mass folks. Let the BlackBerry 10 name fly and offer tech support very important.
    07-25-13 08:20 AM
    San Diego? LOL!

But, iPhones are the most used cell phones in the USA, like it or not.

Bashing iPhone will not help poor Blackberry
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 07-26-13 at 10:42 AM.
    07-25-13 08:27 AM
    Good Article

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 08:39 AM
    Send the carriers an OS that doesn't cause issues.
    It's actually the carriers fault. T-mobile, actually had the update for the q10 right when I got it. And I got it a few weeks later when the franchise stores got it. Verizon, did a horrible job, and so did AT&T, they just released the update, and next month, 10.2 should be out. And what do you think is going to happen? Most likely the same thing. Who does that affect? Just like your suggestion suggests. . . Blackberry is the one who gets the blame.
    07-26-13 04:30 PM
    It's actually the carriers fault. T-mobile, actually had the update for the q10 right when I got it. And I got it a few weeks later when the franchise stores got it. Verizon, did a horrible job, and so did AT&T, they just released the update, and next month, 10.2 should be out. And what do you think is going to happen? Most likely the same thing. Who does that affect? Just like your suggestion suggests. . . Blackberry is the one who gets the blame.
    I don't think the updates have been a big deal to the average American. Of course, it's imperative that they get it right.. but the lack of adequate pricing and marketing is the biggest issue in my mind.

Posted via CB10
    07-28-13 03:52 AM
    Buy 1 and get the chance to spend a night with Alicia Keys. Hubba, hubba.

CB10 - Q10
    07-28-13 06:21 AM
    It may sound controversial but this is not intended as such: What is Apple doing right that BlackBerry can't get right? Perhaps therein lies a lot of answers.
    07-28-13 07:03 AM
    Price the device lower to drive adoption and because they are not running the latest greatest hardware. More devices in hands brings more developers. More apps will bring in more users. Once you bring the brand name back after successfully completing the above, then, and only then you can start pricing higher. Run commercials that show what the device actually does and show that it is not BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-28-13 01:20 PM
    It may sound controversial but this is not intended as such: What is Apple doing right that BlackBerry can't get right? Perhaps therein lies a lot of answers.
    Simple. Apple is hip while Blackberry is business. Apple is design and style while Blackberry is form and function. For Blackberry to compete with Apple they need to show attitude. They need to have ads showing how they are better. And lastly they need large trending apps like Netflix and Instagram.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 likes this.
    07-28-13 02:24 PM
    Simple. Apple is hip while Blackberry is business. Apple is design and style while Blackberry is form and function. For Blackberry to compete with Apple they need to show attitude. They need to have ads showing how they are better. And lastly they need large trending apps like Netflix and Instagram.

Posted via CB10
    I was so hoping for that response. In total agreement. Couldn't have said it better myself!
    07-28-13 03:08 PM
    1) Native netflix (using cascades framework!) (use advertising budget because that is what this is!)
    2) Native Pandora (using cascades framework!) (use advertising budget because that is what this is!)
    3) Wifi direct/multicast to HDMI dongle that is BBRY branded.
    4) Advertise the crap out of this in the USA!!!!!

Seriously. This is how you get consumers. And here is how 90% or corporate AMerica works:

CEO: Hi is, this IT?
    IT: Yes
    CEO: I want to get my iPhone working with work e-mail
    IT: That is not secure so you need to get a Blackberry
    CEO: I want to get my iPhone working with work e-mail
    IT: OK

Sorry, but anyone that thinks it is 10% of companies that work like this is wrong. You need to have CEOs that want the damned phone to begin with.
    lnichols likes this.
    07-28-13 09:56 PM
    08-08-13 09:26 PM
    It is exciting that we are hearing Radio Ads and Blackberry trucks driving around NY city. Yes, this is right tactic. Take our case to the people, can't trust those analysts, they have been proven again and again biased, or even down right have ulterior motive. Advertise directly to people will yield far better result. Apple knows how to move crowd. Having people line up overnight in front of stores...they are great in " hype " no doubt.
    08-08-13 09:36 PM
    Advertise on cnbc and the mouth pieces will only be positive.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 10:03 PM