Or is it all gone and $9/share is the best I am going to get. Any possibility it may go above $9 before the company goes private?
    09-23-13 02:12 PM
    Lol... not unless someone else tries to outbid FF's $9ps..

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:14 PM
    Hopefully the news of the prospective deal with spawn a few more offers, but no way to know for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:14 PM
    Let's hope microsoft comes up with a REAL bid....
    I'm in at 16.20...
    09-23-13 02:16 PM
    So I bought BBRY @17. Will I ever recoup my investment?

Yes. By making better investment decisions in the future.

Seriously. If you are relatively early-on in your investment career, this may save you a lot of money in the long run. We all take a hit like this once in a while. The bad ones are where the entire market goes down like in 2000 or 2008.
    09-23-13 02:17 PM
    If one guy is offering $9 in the near term... not sure why any investor would ever pay more than $9.

Your only hope is for someone else to come in and make a higher offer. But you aren't going to see a bidding war drive it anywhere near $17. Sorry.
    poppy10 and richardat like this.
    09-23-13 02:17 PM
    Best too st write that off.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-23-13 02:18 PM
    I believe they still have to do a vote with the shareholders. If most people say no I don't think they can do it. I'm sure it'll go up from 9

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:21 PM
    So I bought BBRY @17. Will I ever recoup my investment?

Yes. By making better investment decisions in the future.

Seriously. If you are relatively early-on in your investment career, this may save you a lot of money in the long run. We all take a hit like this once in a while. The bad ones are where the entire market goes down like in 2000 or 2008.
    This is the stupidiest post I have read in my entire life.

Lets all look in our 20/20 future goggles and pretend like we all knew BBRY was gonna sell for $9. An investment decision is based on ones own due diligence and their own opinion on what they expect from the company.

There are plenty of companies that go up and plenty that go down. This one lost, big deal you live and learn that based on the risk this was going up or down but it doesn't mean it was a bad investment decision. If this was his life savings and now his kids can't go to school, sure bad decision. Was this some spare cash that he thought he could make some long term money on. Probably not a bad thing but just unfortunate it didn't go in his favor.

The only bad investment decisions people make are the ones that are outside their risk level and tolerance.
    Last edited by gohan_bcc; 09-23-13 at 02:52 PM.
    09-23-13 02:24 PM
    Or is it all gone and $9/share is the best I am going to get. Any possibility it may go above $9 before the company goes private?
    I really don't see the stock going moral above $9 anytime in the near future, given the precarious state that BlackBerry finds itself. The moral of the story is to "diversify, diversify, diversify" when making an investment. Never put all of you eggs in one basket.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    09-24-13 02:08 AM
    With an agreed $9 price I am going to say no.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:12 AM
    There are several contingencies in the current deal:
    - Fairfax has six weeks to do due diligence
    - Fairfax has to line up funding (even they don't have a few billion lying around)
    - BlackBerry can "go-shop" the company and see if they can get a better deal

It's not a done deal. Others could bid on it, and the fact that the stock closed under the offer price indicates that investors are not optimistic that a higher bid will come in. It could.
    russworman likes this.
    09-24-13 03:56 AM
    How many did you buy, if I may ask?

Realistically speaking, I don't see you recoup that investment. Sorry.
    Maybe there'll be a bid a dollar or two higher, but even that isn't very realistic.
    09-24-13 04:02 AM
    This is the stupidiest post I have read in my entire life.

Lets all look in our 20/20 future goggles and pretend like we all knew BBRY was gonna sell for $9. An investment decision is based on ones own due diligence and their own opinion on what they expect from the company.

The only bad investment decisions people make are the ones that are outside their risk level and tolerance.
    In most cases I would say you're right but in this?
    If you look back in the forums to 2011, there were a LOT of people warning others that RIM was a very risky stock. And many pointed out that there was only one way to go, and that was down. Plenty of predictions about the stock going below 10$ in a year.

If you go back to Dec 2012/Jan 2013 there were again allot of people predicting that the stock would hit 5-6$ before the end of the year. And that's what happened at one point.

It's not about hindsight, cause things happened the way many said they would happen.

If anything, its about two important lessons:

1: Don't invest with your fanboy glasses on, and
    2: Stay away from technology stocks. Except Microsoft, Apple and Google.
    mikeo007 and richardat like this.
    09-24-13 04:10 AM
    In most cases I would say you're right but in this?
    If you look back in the forums to 2011, there were a LOT of people warning others that RIM was a very risky stock. And many pointed out that there was only one way to go, and that was down. Plenty of predictions about the stock going below 10$ in a year.

If you go back to Dec 2012/Jan 2013 there were again allot of people predicting that the stock would hit 5-6$ before the end of the year. And that's what happened at one point.

It's not about hindsight, cause things happened the way many said they would happen.

If anything, its about two important lessons:

1: Don't invest with your fanboy glasses on, and
    2: Stay away from technology stocks. Except Microsoft, Apple and Google.
    I would have left it at stay away from technology stocks....
    09-24-13 07:17 AM
    Good point. However, if you cant stay away from tech stocks, at least stick to those three. They're so big, and earn so many billions of profit every quarter, that you will have some warning before they collapse.

And both Apple and Microsoft are pretty underpriced.
    09-24-13 07:56 AM
    There are several contingencies in the current deal:
    - Fairfax has six weeks to do due diligence
    - Fairfax has to line up funding (even they don't have a few billion lying around)
    - BlackBerry can "go-shop" the company and see if they can get a better deal

It's not a done deal. Others could bid on it, and the fact that the stock closed under the offer price indicates that investors are not optimistic that a higher bid will come in. It could.
    Couldn't have said it better myself..

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:56 AM