Very broad statement and I disagree completely. Competitors do not control the stock. They are busy making new OSes, devices, and ecosystems. Competitors rarely call out BBRY. Shorts placed their bets and can only try go keep a lid on price, they do not control the news or perception. They try go influence sure but they do not control news flow and perception. BBRY has just as much opportunity to release news and influence perception.
    06-23-13 06:20 PM
    Yes, you run a small business. Does samsung have any ethics? Look at Apple... they pay no taxes. Look at Microsoft, how they crushed small companies.. list is way too long and dont get me started with other industries. Businesses, sadly enough, exist for one and only reason... to enrich shareholders and Blackberry, Heins and the board doesnt get it. perception is everything, perception is more real than reality... sadly again.
    Apple is the largest single taxpayer in the United States, every year.
    06-23-13 06:29 PM
    "BlackBerry has the best tech"

Lay off the BlackBerry flavored kool-aid buddy. There is nothing absolutely remarkable about any BB technology that has been released in the last 5 years. If you want to know why apple is where they are at in the smart phone market it is because their visionary, Steve Jobs, had the idea of combining the mp3 player, the PDA, and the cell phone. It was pretty remarkable. I absolutely HATE apple and I can't help but give that guy props.
    06-24-13 05:48 PM
    BlackBerry needs to delist from Nasdaq and move the listing to the TSX only, not like they need any financing at the moment anyways. This is why share price is not their primary concern. However it should be since, the share price affects consumer sentiment, employee morale and many other stakeholders.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 11:03 PM
    "BlackBerry has the best tech"

Lay off the BlackBerry flavored kool-aid buddy. There is nothing absolutely remarkable about any BB technology that has been released in the last 5 years. If you want to know why apple is where they are at in the smart phone market it is because their visionary, Steve Jobs, had the idea of combining the mp3 player, the PDA, and the cell phone. It was pretty remarkable. I absolutely HATE apple and I can't help but give that guy props.
    Such ignorance!
    06-25-13 05:24 AM
    Such ignorance!
    I'm not saying it is just BlackBerry. There is nothing that has had as much wow factor as the original iPhone, and before that the BlackBerry. Not saying that phone companies aren't making phones better, but the differences between the galaxy s3 and s4 and the iPhone 4s and 5 are not that spectacular.

The difference between the BB10 and 9930's are huge, but the difference between a BB10 and iPhone or android? Besides balance, they are all pretty similar.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-27-13 09:46 AM
    Apple is the largest single taxpayer in the United States, every year.
    How so?
    06-27-13 09:50 AM
    How so?
    Companies paying the most in income taxes

one of the highest. another one of those irrelevant crap CB users throw out to bash apple. even if apple doesnt pay a cent in tax, what that got to do with the phone? ppl need to come up with better argument than one that have nothing to do with the phone. if you want to talk about business ethics this is not the forum especially when BB previously got caught in some shady crap also
    kbz1960 and m1a1mg like this.
    06-27-13 11:38 AM
    Companies paying the most in income taxes

one of the highest. another one of those irrelevant crap CB users throw out to bash apple. even if apple doesnt pay a cent in tax, what that got to do with the phone? ppl need to come up with better argument than one that have nothing to do with the phone. if you want to talk about business ethics this is not the forum especially when BB previously got caught in some shady crap also
    And I'm sure none of them are paying what they should be. Agree on the last sentence.
    06-27-13 11:46 AM
    Didn't RIMM founders get caught in wrong doing?

APPLE takes advantage of the system. Don't blame them. Blame the morons we elect who can't understand the damn tax codes they passed.
    06-27-13 12:12 PM
    BBRY has the best products and technology but its no match for the street smarts of the shorts and the competitiors. Canadians are way too nice and arrogant to deal with US markets, IMHO.
    That's just silly. I've been talking down about RIM since around 2011. I own no stock of any kind in any company, short or long. I just see RIM's products and think they're sh*t. This, coupled with the idiocy of fanboy delusion, keeps me coming back here to laugh.
    06-28-13 02:51 PM
    I invested in Blackberry not for ethical reasons but because they have the best tech but if they cant monetize that, whats the whole point, then let Blackberry become a non-profit organization and do good rather than capture market share and have a high stock price.
    Very dumb way to invest. This is a good way of destroying capital.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    06-28-13 05:19 PM
37 12