BBRY has the best products and technology but its no match for the street smarts of the shorts and the competitiors. Canadians are way too nice and arrogant to deal with US markets, IMHO.
    06-07-13 09:52 AM
    I agree.

You will see every media outlet gawking at iPhone's "new" UI and when the BlackBerry 10 UI came out, they were all saying that the two swipe gestures were confusing.
    06-07-13 10:00 AM
    There is no doubt Apple plays serious hardball in business. BlackBerry as an enterprise plays ethically with their destiny. Some of us stay with them because we admire that. Or, more specifically, won't use the other guys products because they don't worship at the altar of ethics so much.
    Omnitech likes this.
    06-07-13 10:02 AM
    I think us Canadians are more than capable of dealing with the BS of the us markets. You are confusing arrogance for confidence there is a fine line between the two. Problem is everyone is trying to manipulate the stock Canadian and American alike as there droves of people going to loose money if they dont cover their short investment.
    06-07-13 10:07 AM
    In business, very sadly, there are no ethics. As long as you dont very openly break the law, anything goes. You think Samsung doesnt play dirty.. or Google, Microsoft and Apple? BBRY, if it had any real street smarts, would tie up with an American company and then see... Blackberry will be back, stock goers through the roof and all the visious criticism will turn into praises.
    Sometimes you have to play the cards that are dealt... sadly BBRY management and the board doesn't get it. Too nice and naiive and set in their own ways. Imagine if an American company had this technology, imagine this company in the hands of Larry Ellison... BBRY would eat Ap[ple and Samsung's lunch and then some. I am sorry but Heins is no match for Samsung, Google, Apple and the short-sellers. He and his team dont know how to play this vicious and unethical game.
    06-07-13 10:54 AM
    In business, very sadly, there are no ethics. As long as you dont very openly break the law, anything goes. You think Samsung doesnt play dirty.. or Google, Microsoft and Apple? BBRY, if it had any real street smarts, would tie up with an American company and then see... Blackberry will be back, stock goers through the roof and all the visious criticism will turn into praises.
    Sometimes you have to play the cards that are dealt... sadly BBRY management and the board doesn't get it. Too nice and naiive and set in their own ways. Imagine if an American company had this technology, imagine this company in the hands of Larry Ellison... BBRY would eat Ap[ple and Samsung's lunch and then some. I am sorry but Heins is no match for Samsung, Google, Apple and the short-sellers. He and his team dont know how to play this vicious and unethical game.
    Way too early to be saying this.

The Q10 released in the states 2 days ago.

BB knows far more about this than any of us. There's a lot of negative perception surrounding BB in NA but that's all it is. Perception. That can change seemingly overnight.
    06-07-13 11:05 AM
    I'm in buisness and can assure you morals and ethics are everything...without a solid reputation you die a quick death in the real world (away from forum rhetoric).

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:19 AM
    Yes, you run a small business. Does samsung have any ethics? Look at Apple... they pay no taxes. Look at Microsoft, how they crushed small companies.. list is way too long and dont get me started with other industries. Businesses, sadly enough, exist for one and only reason... to enrich shareholders and Blackberry, Heins and the board doesnt get it. perception is everything, perception is more real than reality... sadly again.
    BlackistheBerry and mike869 like this.
    06-07-13 11:34 AM
    One last post!

Everyone keep Morgan in your thoughts and prayers.
    Hope all went well and he will recover quickly!
    06-07-13 11:34 AM
    I'm an econ major but I damn well know that business ethics still play a role in our society. There's a class specifically for business ethics, however it is up to the individual to abide by moral standards. Nobody has a clean record and it is a highly competitive market but running all these companies are people like you and me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CB Forums mobile app
    matthewriedle likes this.
    06-07-13 11:36 AM
    You never know but come on... $4 billion enterprise value for Blackberry? $300 billion enterprise value for Apple. yes 75 times. So please, give me a break.
    06-07-13 11:36 AM
    I invested in Blackberry not for ethical reasons but because they have the best tech but if they cant monetize that, whats the whole point, then let Blackberry become a non-profit organization and do good rather than capture market share and have a high stock price.
    06-07-13 11:38 AM
    I agree, US media or any media is pretty corrupt and lazy...incompetent. But those are the cards we have been dealt. This stock price is an insult and a damn bad indictment of this management and this board but of course Heins and company don't look at it that way... sadly
    06-07-13 11:40 AM
    I agree that the shorties are doing and saying whatever they can to trash the stock. The news I read is that 35% of shares are currently short. The problem for the shorties is they completely underestimated the Blackberry management team. The shorties can't stop people from telling their friends that they have a new Blackberry and love it. The word is spreading around the planet that BB10's are top quality products. I hope the shorties get the crap squeezed out of them over the next 3 weeks. Certainly stock manipulation going on. Some reports have been so desperately negative it makes me wonder if they are deliberately trying to temporarily drive the price down so they can buy more for less. My advice is to buy/hold through the volatility because the coming news will beat the street by a fair margin with more good news coming. I have said it before ... $32.00 by January 31,2014. Remember where you heard it first!
    06-07-13 12:47 PM
    Why 32? why not 30 or 40 or 60?
    06-07-13 01:02 PM
    Both sides of this "business don't exist / business ethics are essential" are correct.

It just depends on the business.

Large multinational corporations are rarely on the "ethical" side of that pendulum.

Small business more frequently are.

And then it depends on the industry.

I do believe that there has been a recent shift (at least in the USA) of lionizing the pompous, blowhard arrogant b*stards of the world over the reasonable, reliable, fair and empathic types.

Hopefully that trend will turnaround. I thought it was already happening as of a few years ago, I'm not so sure any more.
    06-07-13 04:35 PM
    I wish you were right on every count... but yes ssmall businesses are generally more ethical because there is a human element. But Blackberry is facing some big muscle because of whats at stake.
    06-07-13 08:36 PM
    If BBRY wins, it wins big and I wont be surprised to see a $200 stock price at some point but BBRY has to stop being naive
    06-07-13 08:37 PM
    You invested solely into a company because you think they have the best tech? That is only one piece of the puzzle when deciding to invest. There are so many other things you must consider when investing. You say that you invested because BB has the best tech. I then assume you made the choice to invest in the latter part of 2012 or start of 2013 with the launch of BB10. At that time, if you did not consider the long road ahead, then you my friend have no one you can blame but yourself. The turn around of this company and the rise of the stock price is not going to happen over night. It is going to take a battle over 2-3 years to slowly become relevant again to the average consumer. But the main reason for the stock to rise is going to be what happens on the financial statements. We have only had one quarter with very little sales of BB10. If they can show a steady increase in profitability as well as marketshare, the stock will rise. You can't rush the process. Unless you are in dire need of getting your funds back, sit back and wait. That is all you can do and if you thought you could make a quick buck, I suggest staying out of the stock market.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    06-08-13 11:07 AM
    BBRY has the best products and technology but its no match for the street smarts of the shorts and the competitiors. Canadians are way too nice and arrogant to deal with US markets, IMHO.
    All Canadians are arrogant??!!???!!??? Your racist remarks and constantly starting threads with the same messages only discredits any of the arguments you are trying to make.
    bekkay likes this.
    06-08-13 11:12 AM
    Is Blackberry Under Dog Gangster Story? - flatrocky - Seeking Alpha when dealing with criminals, it is kind of tough
    06-08-13 04:49 PM
    I would agree. BlackBerry needs to partner with a US company and you will see the US propaganda machine sing a different tune. I just can't believe how stupid and brainwashed masses are unable to see the obvious biased and blatant US media lies that we see daily today.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 07:00 PM
    I would agree. BlackBerry needs to partner with a US company and you will see the US propaganda machine sing a different tune. I just can't believe how stupid and brainwashed masses are unable to see the obvious biased and blatant US media lies that we see daily today.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the US media tends to be biased against foreign companies. For example, Blackberry, Lenovo, Samsung.. oh wait...
    06-08-13 07:22 PM
    Is Blackberry Under Dog Gangster Story? - flatrocky - Seeking Alpha when dealing with criminals, it is kind of tough

Is that your article?

I like the history of Samsung's questionable ethics (the kind of thing which people often discount out-of-hand when not shown a nice historical wrap-up like that), and how it points-out the strange scenario where supposedly Blackberry is simultaneously a "nothing", yet obviously generates much animosity and apparent fear amongst its many critics.

On the other hand, the author's English grammar is horrible, and s/he makes some silly references, all of which make the article seem amateurish.
    06-09-13 08:59 AM
    You never know but come on... $4 billion enterprise value for Blackberry? $300 billion enterprise value for Apple. yes 75 times. So please, give me a break.
    Take a break Have a Kit Kat!
    06-16-13 08:29 AM
37 12