Prem Watsa has another highly shorted stock Overstock com...compare its return from last year close to 400 %...yes that's correct...and Prem has publicly said that BBRY is worth 40 $ implying 300 % plus return...If you are shorting this stock you most likely are shorting Prem Watsa reputation and will pay a heavy price for it...Thats my 2 cents... Have a good day.

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck and europolska00 like this.
    05-06-13 11:30 AM
    Real investors don't care what pumpers say on forums. So the only shorts u are trying to scare are amateur investors.
    Watsa is also down over 100 million. He is not a fool but even he can't predict the future. He takes calculated risks. And the market is a risk. All you can do is do your due diligence to make sure In the end all your holdings avg up
    Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 12:12 PM
    Watsa is also down over 100 million.
    He's not down that much at this point. According to his most recent letter to shareholders, Fairfax's cost basis in BlackBerry is about $17/share.
    Bugmapper and Charles Martin1 like this.
    05-06-13 12:25 PM
    Yes that's true I think the 130mm was when sp was 12/13. In neither case he's super long on bbry. The shorts are not. I think bulls and bears generally believe Bbrry in 2/3 years will be stable. The shorts are betting on rough sailing until a few positive quarters are in.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:09 PM
    @z10fido I am not trying to scare anyone...that's my analysis...In a highly shorted stock any good news could be dynamite and you will not a chance to get out...go check overstock stock it went straight up like a rocket...You can short as much as you want and bet against Prem Watsa...

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:41 PM
    We will see who is pumper in time? Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 01:42 PM
    If you overlay a 5yr chart of ostk onto one of bbry, you'll notice a close correlation. I'm curious to see if this correlation continues...
    05-06-13 01:51 PM
    I got out at $15.84.

BBRY is not going any where today, even with good news.

The "foot prints" from the bears are still fresh!
    05-06-13 01:57 PM
    I got out at $15.84.

BBRY is not going any where today, even with good news.

The "foot prints" from the bears are still fresh!
    What good news? What did I miss?

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 02:29 PM
    @z10fido I am not trying to scare anyone...that's my analysis...In a highly shorted stock any good news could be dynamite and you will not a chance to get out...go check overstock stock it went straight up like a rocket...You can short as much as you want and bet against Prem Watsa...

Posted via CB10
    You are pumping. Explain to me how these shorts who are only betting on the performance through the next few month the are going against Watsa who is looking 3/4/5 years down the road. That's like saying buying a snow shovel in November is going against the summer. And Watsa isn't 100% otherwise we would all be billionaires by making the exact same calls as him

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:23 PM
    @z10fido what if they come in two months and report a superb quarter...You think market is going wait for 3-4 years...short sellers are going to jump over each other to sell the stock...they already handedly beat market expectations by reporting a profit last quarter and if they do again market is going to recogonize thier potential....Exactly same thing happened with OSTK...and that's my point...its never a good idea to short an undervalued stock..and its stupid to do it when on other side you have legendary investor like Warren Buffet

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 03:30 PM
    My response was that shorts are not really betting against Watsa. They are betting that the current hype will have a hard landing soon. If bbry keeps gaining momentum they will lose their shirts. And if bbry is a flub then Watsa is in the same boat. I think the user base for the next quarter will be a huge factor. With Os10 out in full force if they take a few million user loss there will be some correction if they add a few million it would mean a 20+ sp easily. Even with bbry current cash flow and users the sp is low. As with Apple the shares are being held down based on outlook not current value.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 07:31 PM
    When is a short really a short?

I'm LONG BB - recently I sold 12 July calls (9 at 18.00 and 3 at 19.00) on my 1200 shares of BB. I now understand that those 12 calls I sold are counted as me being "short." Is that true? Apparently selling a call is taking a "short " position. I would assume buying a Call would be taking a "long" position - so if I sold 12 calls (I shorted 12 calls) then whoever bought them went long 12 calls - isn't that a wash? What gives...
    05-06-13 11:19 PM
    When is a short really a short?

I'm LONG BB - recently I sold 12 July calls (9 at 18.00 and 3 at 19.00) on my 1200 shares of BB. I now understand that those 12 calls I sold are counted as me being "short." Is that true? Apparently selling a call is taking a "short " position. I would assume buying a Call would be taking a "long" position - so if I sold 12 calls (I shorted 12 calls) then whoever bought them went long 12 calls - isn't that a wash? What gives...
    Uh ya you are definitely considered a short in my book. That's a ballsy move esp since earnings are in june. At least you're covered.
    05-06-13 11:33 PM
    It's a short move, however in this case you're making a covered call (since you own the shares too) to protect yourself and that's just considered safe investing.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 01:10 AM