So the guy that Mike L and Jimmy installed as CEO ran the company into the ground, allowing Prem Watsa, who is apparently a friend of Mike L, to gain enough of an ownership interest to get on the board and now is attempting to take the company private with a low ball price after two major F ups in one weekend and you think their is potential shenanigans going on?!? Next thing you will be saying is Mike L will have a major role in the new Private company.

Posted via CB10
    danprown and robkd like this.
    09-23-13 09:29 PM
    \

All very nice and convenient if you haven't got any of your money in the game.
    I'm about 10,000 in at 13, and lost a nice chunk. But that's stocks.

One of my other stocks for SMART doubled that was in a close situation to blackberry, sometimes that's how it works out.

We took our risks. You cant have a fit for losing on stocks. Yeah, it can suck - but this the game. Stocks are often high risk . If you don't want to gamble, get a TFSA.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Bj Mac likes this.
    09-23-13 10:09 PM
    What kind of a defeatist attitute is that conflating investment losses with shareholder rights.

If there is misfeasance, someone must be accountable. This has nothing to do with investment losses.

When Mike L and Jim B. got caught with their hands in the cookie jar to the tune of $250 MM, by that logic the shareholders should've said, ah well, you win some, you lose some, let them keep it....
    kevinnugent likes this.
    09-23-13 11:03 PM
    Currently holding 1 million shares of BBRY at average cost of 12.50. I am not a very happy camper.

Truly interested in exploring any rational ideas anyone reading this has.
    danprown likes this.
    09-28-13 02:24 AM
    Currently holding 1 million shares of BBRY at average cost of 12.50. I am not a very happy camper.

Truly interested in exploring any rational ideas anyone reading this has.
    Talk to a good lawyer.
    danprown and blackberrybrad like this.
    09-28-13 02:34 AM
    I will tell you how I lost 100k in one day. I sold 600 puts strike price 10 exp sept 20th
    On sept 21 the options expire. BlackBerry was selling at 10.40 at opening and wasn't going below 10 that day until the pre announcement was made. The stock crashes to 8.40 and i am forced or putted to buy 60000 shares at 10.00 for a nice loss of 96000. I will be suing black berry very soon. Since monday there is a bid for the company for 9.00 come on. Does anyone think that Watsa and heins didn't plan this at the expense of share holders

Posted via CB10
    danprown likes this.
    09-28-13 04:49 AM
    Try Siskinds (canadian law firm with offices in London, Canada and Toronto) and talk to a lawyer who has been admitted to the bar in the US as well. Unfortunately, you will find most of the seven sisters (big 7 law firms) in Toronto would be conflicted out since they are or will want a piece of the BBRY deal, shopping, or bankruptcy when it all goes down.
    09-28-13 08:59 PM
    No conspiracy in pre-earnings release or Fairfax's offer, as I far as I can tell. My guess as to most likely sequence:
    1. In finalizing the financial statements, the auditors refused to sign off unless the Z10 inventory was written off (even if the company still thought it could sell it for the list price, the auditors did not).
    2. Once BlackBerry knew its results would be much worse than forecasted, it was obligated to announce that news.
    3. Stock plunges on Friday leading to negotiations over the weekend. BlackBerry enters a "deal" that still allows them to explore if there any better out there. If not, by definition, $9 is the best deal available.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-13 12:34 AM
    Some of the decisions made recently point towards something more than just incompetence of the management. You might not get your money back, but you'll ensure that justice is served.
    09-29-13 12:47 AM
    I will tell you how I lost 100k in one day. I sold 600 puts strike price 10 exp sept 20th
    On sept 21 the options expire. BlackBerry was selling at 10.40 at opening and wasn't going below 10 that day until the pre announcement was made. The stock crashes to 8.40 and i am forced or putted to buy 60000 shares at 10.00 for a nice loss of 96000. I will be suing black berry very soon. Since monday there is a bid for the company for 9.00 come on. Does anyone think that Watsa and heins didn't plan this at the expense of share holders

Posted via CB10
    And that's another reason why options are a risky way to make money. Nobody forced you to make that investment.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 10:37 AM
    10-02-13 01:30 AM
    analysts' reports are not worth the paper they are written on, usually.
    10-02-13 08:22 AM
    analysts' reports are not worth the paper they are written on, usually.
    I wonder how many people would have been better off listen to all the analysts that have warned of the end of BlackBerry for so long.

The odds for BlackBerry making a comeback have ALWAYS been a long shot. The safe bet was to short BBRY. But too many people wanted the brass ring and went "long" on BBRY with the goal of $40, $80, $120 a share beckoning them to take the risk....

Big risks can equal big rewards... playing the odd though is a long term strategy that usually works better.
    10-02-13 08:30 AM
    And that's another reason why options are a risky way to make money. Nobody forced you to make that investment.

Posted via CB10
    We have a bunch of adults that refuse to take responsibility for their actions. Who in their right mind would buy stock in a company with an unproven CEO (his past record should have been an indicator), unproven platform, not to mention weak ecosystem?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    10-02-13 08:44 AM
39 12