I would suggest that if you are a shareholder its time to stand up and make a difference. Please speak with your registered representative or broker for advise or legal on BBRY situation. Keep in mind that proper corporate governance should always be held in the highest standard regardless of any ongoing business concern.

This company has pre announced it's earning for next week. This is not the Directors money ladies and gentleman , its the shareholders like you and me and many pensions funds.

If anyone has some legal knowledge on how Shareholders can act to save this disaster please help us. Are we to trust the same board that got this company in the mess to be in control of the Strategic Review committee ????

This is the kind of stuff Carl Icahn said all shareholders of any company should hold the board responsible.

Show your face TH and the board of BBRY ... we have some questions.

Fiasco after fiasco....enough is enough. Some famous TH quotes. We will sell hundreds of millions of this device.
    sakin13 likes this.
    09-22-13 10:49 AM
    Thank you for your post.
    09-22-13 10:59 AM
    I have $100k in this company I would like some advice too!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 10:59 AM
    We had a chance at the AGM back in June (or was it July?), but nothing happened.

I'm not too sure what can be done at this point.
    09-22-13 11:05 AM
    We have some options, possibly a Class Action Lawsuit should get things rolling. I am surprised it hasn't happened yet.
    09-22-13 11:34 AM
    Yeah, run the company into the ground, and then sell it off to Private equity so that the stock holders can't even get their money back.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 12:18 PM
    They are moving in that direction even without us.
    09-22-13 12:25 PM
    Sue Blackberry... for what? That's not a rhetorical question. You didn't make clear how Blackberry broke the law in the OP.

Yes, the earnings warning was ravaging; however, earnings warnings are not a wholly unorthodox practice. Also, you would have experienced the same thing during the earnings report anyway. And, supposedly Blackberry is supposed to report material news the second they discover it?

As for running the company into the ground, the burden of proof is on you that management acted in malice. That's going to be difficult as the handling of BB10 is consistent with BBRY's business practices for many years.

EDIT: Also, I don't see how this type of lawsuit would work. Blackberry is about to be bought out or chopped into pieces so basically whatever you win in a lawsuit would be taken out of your paycheck.
    silversun10, mset and Etios like this.
    09-22-13 12:30 PM
    I agree with the sentiment of the OP but not with the general advice listed here. I am a large holder of BBRY shares and will be keeping a vigilant eye on the on-going activities.

Shareholder rights are documented in the Shareholders Agreement and form part of the Incorporation documents on file with government regulators in the countries where BBRY stock trades. These agreements are almost never read and contain details of what shareholder can and cannot do. If the corporation does things to negatively affect the value of the shares, a lawsuit can be filed as a case of shareholder "oppression". These "things" can be statements, actions, or transactions approved by the company's board of directors that are in contravention of the published shareholder agreement. I suspect many shareholders, especially the larger institutional holders are currently looking for copies of this document as we approach the real possibility of either a sale or a dispersement of all the company's assets.

I am expecting that many groups both, directly involved with the company's management and other external paries that smell the desperation will attempt to make a killing at the expense of the shareholders. I for one will be quite happy to participate in any legal action that prevents the company from enriching themselves using shareholder funds.
    Last edited by EchoTango; 09-22-13 at 02:42 PM.
    09-22-13 02:32 PM
    Derivative suit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Start your lawsuit now. A year from now you will be at the back of the pack.
    09-22-13 02:37 PM
    Thank you for the comments, I expect to see this topic become more popular in the next week or so when the reality hits about what is really going on in Waterloo..
    09-22-13 02:43 PM
    I'm not much for believing conspiracies. But I really find it hard to believe that these guys could be this incompetent.

Buy I don't see anyone other than a few lawyers ever seeing any kind of ROI.

I hate that many have lost on BBRY... but anyone that has played with BBRY in the last year had to KNOW what a risk they were taking.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 04:36 PM
    Short hedge funds should soon be filing a class action via a proxy, along with a lot of negative spin, so the share price can be knocked down to the next level....
    09-22-13 04:42 PM
    shareholders suing their own company into oblivion only hurt themselves. sorry.
    rights? shareholders have the rights to both the profits and losses. sorry again.
    so that is why it is important to do your DD really good before you buy and take responsibility for your decision to buy.
    can't blame others if things turn for the worse.
    09-22-13 06:01 PM
    OP, Asking for legal help on this forum will only stir emotional response. You are best served to contact a lawyer specializing in class actions. Ask around and you will find usually a dozen of firms who can take such a case. Commencing a case is a tremendous bet and requires a lot of resources. You may be also exposed for costs if you lose. If you cannot find a law firm to help you out, chances are there is no viable case there.

Often times, many things conspire against a lawsuit -- institutional investors have hedged their bets, the law firms who can do it are tied up in other litigation, etc.

The last class action against BBRY (commenced by Brower Piven regarding lossess around 2010-2011) was dismissed early this year and with the judge saying the facts alleged showed corporate mismanagement, not malfeasance.

I would imagine the grounds for a lawsuit will surface once there is a buy-out offer and we see by whom, at what price, and how did it come about.

You have to remember that RIM executives are on the record for enriching themselves on the backs of common investors (Mike L. and Jim B. got caught and had to settle for record fines in Canada, and also with the SEC,. for backdating options) so it is not out of the question there are financial shenanigans. You have to only look at the 80 mil plus in golden parachutes for the Euro-Troika to scratch your head...
    09-22-13 06:21 PM
    It would certainly be interesting for a company that trades in Canada and the US.

You certainly have a right to be angry about monumentally incompetent management, but the chances are slim to none, unless you can find proof that someone was this stupid on purpose.
    09-22-13 06:22 PM
    History:

BlackBerry wins dismissal of U.S. shareholder lawsuit | Reuters

Brower Piven represented the stock holders. They lost.
    09-22-13 06:25 PM
    shareholders suing their own company into oblivion only hurt themselves. sorry.
    rights? shareholders have the rights to both the profits and losses. sorry again.
    so that is why it is important to do your DD really good before you buy and take responsibility for your decision to buy.
    can't blame others if things turn for the worse.
    \

All very nice and convenient if you haven't got any of your money in the game. While I'm a BIG Blackberry supporter, if the company decides to accept a deal that lines the pockets of the management or other "friendly" parties, for one will not take that lying down. In reality, it's the senior management that needs to be held accountable for this dismal performance. Its unfortunate that in our ecconomic model, CEO's that put companies in the ditch usually walk away significant compensation, while the regular folks lose their jobs. Strikingly, this is exactly what's happening as we speak with 4500 laid people off and TH poised to receive $55million in compensation under a "change in control" scenario.

If Prem Whatsa or any other parties swoop in a spread a little cash around to the decision makers and dole out loads of sympathy and not much else, I for one will not go quietly into the night.
    09-22-13 06:41 PM
    \

All very nice and convenient if you haven't got any of your money in the game. While I'm a BIG Blackberry supporter, if the company decides to accept a deal that lines the pockets of the management or other "friendly" parties, for one will not take that lying down. In reality, it's the senior management that needs to be held accountable for this dismal performance. Its unfortunate that in our ecconomic model, CEO's that put companies in the ditch usually walk away significant compensation, while the regular folks lose their jobs. Strikingly, this is exactly what's happening as we speak with 4500 laid people off and TH poised to receive $55million in compensation under a "change in control" scenario.

If Prem Whatsa or any other parties swoop in a spread a little cash around to the decision makers and dole out loads of sympathy and not much else, I for one will not go quietly into the night.
    yeah, OK, but the only place that is happening right now is in your mind, why not relax and see what happens.
    sunsetblow likes this.
    09-22-13 06:52 PM
    Shall we start a BBM group for further discussion and to make it easier to keep in touch in the future? ;p if anyone is interested post ur pin I'd create one!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:41 AM
    So you made a poor investment, lost a ton of money and are now wanting to blame someone? You must have seen this coming at least somewhat...

BlackBerry is fighting against 2 or 3 MASSIVE companies with a TON of resources. Even if their product was amazing, it would have been a risky investment.

Never expect to become rich investing in individual stocks. Even professionals get it wrong. Suck it up and move on.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 10:24 AM
    Complete Rip Off

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:30 PM
    For those that lost on this company if this sale or comparable goes through, you made a bad investment. Simple as that

I'm sure for some of you who bought at 6,7,8 you could of sold 15-16 for a respectable gain but you got greedy.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:33 PM
    I didn't have the time to monitor damn it?!!!!

$7x2000 + $2 x5000 losses

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 03:30 PM
    Discussions can be done at MoneyCulture.ca -

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    09-23-13 03:32 PM
39 12