Any class action suit is by the people, not by the corporation.
    That's what I thought.

So if a group of shareholders want to file a class action suit, that's fine. But BlackBerry can mot do so.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:34 PM
    If only Apple knew...
    Apple's lawsuits derive material economic benefit. (Samsung's products have been subject to injunction a number of times.)

As an investor, one should be asking themselves critical questions such as "How much time and resources must be spent to pursue the case? How much money does BBRY hope to attain from Detwiler? Is the case as open and shut as Crackberry users insist?"
    GTiLeo and BB Marissa like this.
    04-13-13 02:38 PM
    I would think that your chances of success in a class action suit would be much greater if the SEC charged Detwiler with
    Some offense. I don't think you would have to do much homework in that case.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    04-13-13 02:42 PM
    I would think that your chances of success in a class action suit would be much greater if the SEC charged Detwiler with
    Some offense. I don't think you would have to do much homework in that case.

Posted via CB10
    Charged, and found guilty which is unlikely considering the way plea bargains and out of court settlements work.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:44 PM
    As a supporter of Blackberry and a large shareholder of Blackberry I do understand and realize that Blackberry has had some serious flops and serious ups and downs. No company is perfect. I am also stating that Blackberry 10 is no way near perfect as it is in the baby stages of life. I think BB10 is a great amazing product and I know it will do amazing.

As a shareholder I know and understand Blackberry has been sued before and they have sued people before. What really makes me sick is the fact that a small firm like Detwiler Fenton can make such ridiculous claims ****without backing them up**** . It is disturbing that someone can make financial claims against a company without the proper backing up of the claims. It is against the law and as a shareholder I want to be compensated. I want this company sued and shut down. I think blackberry needs to make a strong statement against this company and shut them down. If this company has factual information then that is one thing. I want Blackberry to sue this company and distribute the money between shareholders.

Who is a shareholder? and who agrees with me on this issue?
    I guess you have somewhat of a point. But lets not sit here and act like Detwiler Fenton is the main reason blackberry stock is dropping. The lack of momentum in the US alone combined with the lack of "major apps" is the biggest reasons. Plus blackberry communication or lack their of. When exactly are we getting this update that will fix some of the bugs? I know people who wanted to get the q10 but due to a solid date of release have used their upgrades on different phones. Blackberry can let us know how sales were going in the US if they wanted to stop all the "false" reporting in the media. To me there is only one reason not to......
    04-13-13 03:12 PM
    Again the regulators will do nothing substantial....this is coming from experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:16 PM
    If shareholders want to pursue a class action law suit, it is up to them and it doesn't involve the parent company. However, if you want to inflict real pain and suffering, you do exactly what BB is doing. Report them to the authorities in Canada and the US. Dimwiler Fullofit now has to hire lawyers, employ extra administrative staff to comply with information requests and prep their management/analysts for written and oral questioning. Time and money, time and money. You slowly bleed them until they beg for a settlement. I guarantee you they won't touch BB again. Just keep the heat on behind the scene. The rest will take care of itself.
    04-13-13 03:17 PM
    As a supporter of Blackberry and a large shareholder of Blackberry I do understand and realize that Blackberry has had some serious flops and serious ups and downs. No company is perfect. I am also stating that Blackberry 10 is no way near perfect as it is in the baby stages of life. I think BB10 is a great amazing product and I know it will do amazing.

As a shareholder I know and understand Blackberry has been sued before and they have sued people before. What really makes me sick is the fact that a small firm like Detwiler Fenton can make such ridiculous claims ****without backing them up**** . It is disturbing that someone can make financial claims against a company without the proper backing up of the claims. It is against the law and as a shareholder I want to be compensated. I want this company sued and shut down. I think blackberry needs to make a strong statement against this company and shut them down. If this company has factual information then that is one thing. I want Blackberry to sue this company and distribute the money between shareholders.

Who is a shareholder? and who agrees with me on this issue?
    I agree with you, if we have a case, and with the right lawyers, let's go! Get them!
    04-13-13 03:18 PM
    So every time an analyst gets something wrong, we are going to sue?

If there was a law suit, BB would need to release sales numbers, projections, and exact return rates. Notice they haven't done any of that yet.
    04-13-13 03:26 PM

If there was a law suit, BB would need to release sales numbers, projections, and exact return rates. Notice they haven't done any of that yet.
    This analyst has establish somewhat of a track record. We want to sue as it wasn't about just getting it wrong. It is about market manipulation which crosses over the red line! Let us be clear, it is not about BB, it is about the report released by Detwiler Fenton.

We are going after Detwiler Fenton for their methodology and who stands to benefit. We would like to know, who and what trades were made prior to and after the release of this report.
    04-13-13 03:34 PM

Getting something wrong would mean you have actual figures from carriers to go along with your claims and those happened to be wrong. But just stating something you say is fact without any back up is a little fishy. Granted blackberry hasn't put out any sales figures but they also haven't come out with claims that they had to substantiate with proof. All they say is sales are in line with expectations. That's far different then what this joke firm is claiming.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-13-13 03:43 PM
    I want his sorry A$$ kicked..
    But you know what? I had a little savings in my savings account I took the opportunity and bought as much share as I could.. ..

I know and I am very confident in long term I am going to get everything back..
    04-13-13 03:46 PM
    I am wanting to buy shares who is best to go through to buy stock?

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Not sure where you're located there are places like qtrade, etrade, rbcdirect investing, TD Waterhouse, Scotia itrade CIBC investors edge, TD ameritrade, Fidelity, Scottrade and others so lots to choose from. Just take a look at the fee commission structure, tools that they have available and what's applicable for your trading needs.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    04-13-13 03:51 PM
    Seems to me that BlackBerry suing this firm would only worsen BB's image. It's not out of the woods yet so I would rather have BlackBerry focus on the Q10 and other phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:51 PM
    What sort of punitive action could take place if the SEC and OSC find evidence of wrong doing by Detwiler Fenton?
    04-13-13 04:11 PM
    Seems to me that BlackBerry suing this firm would only worsen BB's image. It's not out of the woods yet so I would rather have BlackBerry focus on the Q10 and other phones.

Posted via CB10
    Not doing it will worsen their image because bullies will keep spreading damaging misinformation until they're stood up to.
    zyben, pandapurple and bungaboy like this.
    04-13-13 04:12 PM
    What sort of punitive action could take place if the SEC and OSC find evidence of wrong doing by Detwiler Fenton?
    None what so ever. Maybe a fine which won't really do much either.

Posted via CB10
    Easy-G likes this.
    04-13-13 04:14 PM
    Do we have the option of launching tomahawk missile at them? Might be less expensive...
    BerryWizard and bungaboy like this.
    04-13-13 04:23 PM
    Would be a huge waste of time and money.. you would need to prove that the company in question purposely created a false report with the intent of stock manipulation.. good luck with that... unless someone within the firm turned whistle blower you could not prove anything... If you look at the wording ( my understanding this has been already altered ) of the original analyst note... there is not one single concrete, real world fact. date or location to which you could challenge..... If you look at all analysts notes to clients,,,, there are all vague with usually antidotecal information... maybe a call the one or two stores to support what they are saying.... and of course a "source" in the know..... they could call 10 stores in NY and ask how the sales and returns are.... if two of the ten say sales were terrible and returns high... they can write a report and keep the two stores they did check as verification.. and never mention the eight that said sales were great and returns were low...

Does not make it right.....I think the main reason BB went after this one was the wording of the note.... By saying in some cases there were more returns than sales they made it provocative and easier to attack.. I think the BB action is a shot across the bow so to speak for future analysts....

remember ... if ever there was an example of how this works and how difficult it would be to launch legal action you need look no further than the US launch.... on the "day" of the launch... news organizations and analysts were already screaming the launch was a disaster... why because one news organization said there were no line ups ala Apple and the two downtown AT&T stores they called reported no sales... this was reported and actually for the case in question "true"..... there were no lines and two stores probably did not sell any.... but the story then took on an opinion piece dressed as facts.....the internet and press pick it up and guess what you have a launch that failed...

BB best revenge in this case is to keep focused... let the SEC do their job ( laughable ) .... and make the 10 series a success... this way all the nay sayers will then move on the next unfortunate victim..... the shorts will get hammered and the patient stock holder will become rewarded....
    HomerJ Simpson likes this.
    04-13-13 04:26 PM
    BlackBerry should sue them to set an example.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 04:31 PM
    I completely disagree! Why should BlackBerry spend huge sums of money going after them?

Far better they report this company to the relevant authorities and leave it up to them to go to care of. The last thing BlackBerry needs is distractions while they try to rebuild their market share.

Posted via CB10
    Why should BlackBerry pursue legal action against them? Because they caused the company and its shareholders material harm by spreading inaccurate, and possibly criminally false information. They have that right, particularly when the information this offender provides is relied upon by investors and traders.

They also have a legal department to take up this action, so it would be no distraction at all to the current business going on. This is part of doing business. Furthermore, given all the other negative press BlackBerry has been on the receiving end of, its shareholders need to be assured that their interests are being watched out for. DF crossed the line this time, at a time that is critical to the company's climb back to relevance.
    04-13-13 04:36 PM
    Again the regulators will do nothing substantial....this is coming from experience.

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, I'm afraid you're right. See Madoff, Bernard. Coffee and golf buddies with high ranking officials in the SEC.
    zyben, bungaboy and ray689 like this.
    04-13-13 04:40 PM
    i don't know if a shareholder class action suit could help... cause we are talking about small firms with not a lot of money. unless those small firms can be link to a big hedge fund... then shareholders can sue and hope to recuperate some money loss. now the best course of action is for BBRY to report to the SEC and let them take care of the problem. BBRY needs to be aggressive and make sure the press and analyst is releasing timely and accurate information... and it seems they had been doing that recently. By doing that, media and analyst would think twice before posting negative press.
    04-13-13 04:44 PM
    I agree as well...only problem is that this firm has been in trouble in the past and fined for other behavior (someone posted links but can't seem to find them). They get a slap on the wrist and continue on with the bad practices. It's unfortunate but the stock market world is full of corruption and manipulation and only the big boys know the rules to that game.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it time that these so called white collar crimes actually be charged and served as criminals if proven to be so? Its not a just system to charge a kid for taking a chocolate bar from a store not paying for it, and then allow business men/woman to continue to slander a company to affect the stock price and financially benefit from it - or their collaborators benefit from it with just a warning or several warnings.
    bungaboy and Omnitech like this.
    04-13-13 05:22 PM
    Isn't it time that these so called white collar crimes actually be charged and served as criminals if proven to be so? Its not a just system to charge a kid for taking a chocolate bar from a store not paying for it, and then allow business men/woman to continue to slander a company to affect the stock price and financially benefit from it - or their collaborators benefit from it with just a warning or several warnings.
    I fully agree with you, I was just stating the reality of the world we live in.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-13-13 05:29 PM
139 1234 ...