As a supporter of Blackberry and a large shareholder of Blackberry I do understand and realize that Blackberry has had some serious flops and serious ups and downs. No company is perfect. I am also stating that Blackberry 10 is no way near perfect as it is in the baby stages of life. I think BB10 is a great amazing product and I know it will do amazing.

As a shareholder I know and understand Blackberry has been sued before and they have sued people before. What really makes me sick is the fact that a small firm like Detwiler Fenton can make such ridiculous claims ****without backing them up**** . It is disturbing that someone can make financial claims against a company without the proper backing up of the claims. It is against the law and as a shareholder I want to be compensated. I want this company sued and shut down. I think blackberry needs to make a strong statement against this company and shut them down. If this company has factual information then that is one thing. I want Blackberry to sue this company and distribute the money between shareholders.

Who is a shareholder? and who agrees with me on this issue?
    04-13-13 01:12 PM
    I second that. It is seriously detrimental to the stock to have these baseless claims thrown around. For whatever reason, BBRY seems to be so polarizing. I hate how the media is always looking to spin the negative stories, and the positive ones are always compared against the success of the JUGGERNAUTS ( Apple, Samsung etc.) and essentially made to look negative as well.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    E_the_CameraMan likes this.
    04-13-13 01:17 PM
    +1

Posted via my White Z10
    04-13-13 01:19 PM
    I am a shareholder and totally agree with you. The negativity expressed by Detwiler Fenton and returns is baseline, stupid. I had an iPhone at one time and had to return and replace it 4 times before I got one that worked properly. I am totally impressed with the aggressive action taken by CEO Thorsten Heins in dealing with this matter and I am pleased that he is going after them with both barrels loaded. I almost think that it is some form of sabotage to undermine this amazing new product, Z10 and Q10. Blackberry is a leader that fell behind but caught up damned fast. Go get them Thorsten
    ESCON, SDTRMG, Supa_Fly1 and 4 others like this.
    04-13-13 01:20 PM
    As a supporter of Blackberry and a large shareholder of Blackberry I do understand and realize that Blackberry has had some serious flops and serious ups and downs. No company is perfect. I am also stating that Blackberry 10 is no way near perfect as it is in the baby stages of life. I think BB10 is a great amazing product and I know it will do amazing.

As a shareholder I know and understand Blackberry has been sued before and they have sued people before. What really makes me sick is the fact that a small firm like Detwiler Fenton can make such ridiculous claims ****without backing them up**** . It is disturbing that someone can make financial claims against a company without the proper backing up of the claims. It is against the law and as a shareholder I want to be compensated. I want this company sued and shut down. I think blackberry needs to make a strong statement against this company and shut them down. If this company has factual information then that is one thing. I want Blackberry to sue this company and distribute the money between shareholders.

I am not a shareholder, but you have a very valid point. I'm not sure if an individual shareholder can contact the respective security commissions, but if you hold voting shares you can push BlackBerry legal to make a strong case with the regulators.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-13-13 01:21 PM
    I'm not a shareholder but I agree with you wholeheartedly. They deserve a huge fine if their 'research' is proven otherwise.

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    Vivda5 likes this.
    04-13-13 01:21 PM
    I agree as well...only problem is that this firm has been in trouble in the past and fined for other behavior (someone posted links but can't seem to find them). They get a slap on the wrist and continue on with the bad practices. It's unfortunate but the stock market world is full of corruption and manipulation and only the big boys know the rules to that game.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:22 PM
    I completely disagree! Why should BlackBerry spend huge sums of money going after them?

Far better they report this company to the relevant authorities and leave it up to them to go to care of. The last thing BlackBerry needs is distractions while they try to rebuild their market share.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:39 PM
    I agree as well...only problem is that this firm has been in trouble in the past and fined for other behavior (someone posted links but can't seem to find them). They get a slap on the wrist and continue on with the bad practices. It's unfortunate but the stock market world is full of corruption and manipulation and only the big boys know the rules to that game.

Posted via CB10
    That is why I want a class action lawsuit filed against them behalf of the Shareholders. Sometimes these pathetic companies get paid WAY MORE then what it costs for the fine. This company needs to be sued to the point that they need to be shut down. As a shareholder I own a .000009 percent of this company..lmao.. or maybe we should just encourage every shareholder of Blackberry to call the firm and fill their emails and messaging systems up with messages lol?????
    Blackberry should sue them and distribute the money to the Shareholders. Maybe then we will see some of the negativity toward Blackberry calm down, also to add to your point about returning the Iphone... great point.. its FUNNY how you can go on Verizon website and buy a refurbished Iphone for .01. Also on Ebay apple sells refurbished Iphones and Macs.. where do they come from????? can we say defective products and returns???????
    E_the_CameraMan and bungaboy like this.
    04-13-13 01:39 PM
    That is why I want a class action lawsuit filed against them behalf of the Shareholders. Sometimes these pathetic companies get paid WAY MORE then what it costs for the fine. This company needs to be sued to the point that they need to be shut down. As a shareholder I own a .000009 percent of this company..lmao.. or maybe we should just encourage every shareholder of Blackberry to call the firm and fill their emails and messaging systems up with messages lol?????
    Blackberry should sue them and distribute the money to the Shareholders. Maybe then we will see some of the negativity toward Blackberry calm down, also to add to your point about returning the Iphone... great point.. its FUNNY how you can go on Verizon website and buy a refurbished Iphone for .01. Also on Ebay apple sells refurbished Iphones and Macs.. where do they come from????? can we say defective products and returns???????
    I am personally not a shareholder but I agree with you and fully support any type of legal action against these jokers.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:42 PM
    I completely disagree! Why should BlackBerry spend huge sums of money going after them?

Far better they report this company to the relevant authorities and leave it up to them to go to care of. The last thing BlackBerry needs is distractions while they try to rebuild their market share.

Posted via CB10
    I totally disagree with you 300%. The firm is small and the large legal fees would be non existent. This firm can not afford million dollar legal fees. Sometimes small firms like this need to be spanked and spanked hard. This would send a strong message that Blackberry will not tolerate someone making false accusations against them. Blackberry has a legal team and they need to use it. This has no effect on Blackberry in building market share in a negative way only in a positive way because it shows that Blackberry is ready to defend and it is back in the game. period.
    04-13-13 01:45 PM

I am a shareholder too, and I would love to sue and see this company shut down (they have had numerous run-ins with regulators in the past). However, proving that they intentionally set out to manipulate the stock to get out of short positions would be difficult to prove to say the least.

However, going after them based on slander may be more possible if it can be proven that their research methods are shown to be completely invalid.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-13-13 01:48 PM
    Don't they need the results from the regulator's investigation before they sue?
    04-13-13 01:53 PM
    What is funny is what they answered. They had no interest in stock price manupulation... If you look their website they are also doing ........... asset management. I bet they have some shorted BB shares in portfolio !
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-13-13 01:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Unfortunately your approach would not accomplish much. I am very familiar with the regulatory process (in Canada) and firms get reported to the regulators on a regular basis for all types of illegal activity and the only recourse on those firms are cease trade orders which they could find ways to circumvent anyway. It's unfortunate but the regulators at least here in Canada would do nothing of substance that's why I agree with the OP.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and xiaohuaxing like this.
    04-13-13 01:54 PM
    If BlackBerry were to launch a law suit, this would spook the markets and result in the short sellers making more money.

Markets like stability, law suits do not provide this. Just wave it to the authorities to do their job. If they find that someone has broken the law then BlackBerry can sue them for loss of earnings.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BB Marissa; 04-13-13 at 02:10 PM.
    04-13-13 01:57 PM
    I'm buying more stock because the story dropped it. Be patient the stock will lose and gain from this sort of crap.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    If I'm not mistaken, BlackBerry has reported them to the authorities. As always, BlackBerry exhibits class and tact!
    04-13-13 02:02 PM

I think they are a joke for posting this kind of information and not release the information they used to base their findings.
    If you have any questions about it just send their media staff an email at [email protected]
    I found it on their websites contact us page
    I sent one last night with a link going to our crackberry article about their false information. I have not received a reply yet.
    Update 4/15 still did not receive any response. Not even an automated message
    Last edited by jerryeight; 04-16-13 at 01:37 AM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-13-13 02:10 PM
    I would also question how BlackBerry could raise a class action law suit?
    Forgive my ignorance of US law, but wouldn't this require a large number of people to press the case, as a company BlackBerry would not be seen as such.

Now if the shareholders decided to sue them, this would then qualify as a class action. Of course you would still need some kind of evidence that they have done something wrong which at the moment, I see lots of speculation, but no evidence.
    Life isn't a tv program, where the people in the right always win, and the baddies are all punished for their crimes.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:22 PM
    I am wanting to buy shares who is best to go through to buy stock?

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-13-13 02:24 PM
    I would also question how BlackBerry could raise a class action law suit?
    Forgive my ignorance of US law, but wouldn't this require a large number of people to press the case, as a company BlackBerry would not be seen as such.

Now if the shareholders decided to sue them, this would then qualify as a class action. Of course you would still need some kind of evidence that they have done something wrong which at the moment, I see lots of speculation, but no evidence.
    Life isn't a tv program, where the people in the right always win, and the baddies are all punished for their crimes.

Posted via CB10
    Any class action suit is by the people, not by the corporation.
    bambinoitaliano and bungaboy like this.
    04-13-13 02:24 PM
    If BlackBerry were to launch a law suit, this would spook the markets and result in the short sellers making more money.

Markets like stability, law suits do not provide this. Just wave it to the authorities to do their job. If they find that someone has broken the law then BlackBerry can sue them for loss of earnings.

Posted via CB10
    I am sorry I totally disagree with you again. You are right.. markets like stability . So if firms keep making up false stories and the stock drops %10 because of a false story then how exactly is that a stable market? What makes a more stable market is firms who think twice about reporting false stories. BB has been beaten down on false stories so I really don't see what you mean by your comment at all. If blackberry stands up for itself.. how exactly would this spook the market??? If anything the stock price would go up and the shorts would lose more money. I am very confused by the logic of your theory but then again maybe I am missing something here lol ? I assume you are not a shareholder.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    04-13-13 02:25 PM
    Markets like stability, law suits do not provide this.
    If only Apple knew...
    04-13-13 02:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it takes a lot of money to post a formal complaint with the securities commissions. SEC and OSC will be doing all the prosecuting.

Posted Via CB10 on my Zed10
    04-13-13 02:33 PM
139 123 ...