The stock being down more than 7% on no news of Mapple$ soft seems like a potentiel time to buy into BBRY The transition away from HW to services seems to be running smoothly as of late with NHS and more and BES 12 on its way. And BBRY as a company doesn't seem to go away any time soon thus removing imidiate 100% downside. Even though the stock has rissen aprox 40% recently the recent downtrend still could be a good time for a potentiel buy in but what do pros and other people take on this?
    07-16-14 10:09 AM
    There is money to be made in buying and selling BBRY..... but charts and trends are not really useful when tracking a struggling company like BlackBerry.

But IMHO today is not a buy day, it's a wait and see day.

Disclaimer: not a professional and I didn't even sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    07-16-14 10:44 AM
    There is money to be made in buying and selling BBRY..... but charts and trends are not really useful when tracking a struggling company like BlackBerry.

But IMHO today is not a buy day, it's a wait and see day.

Disclaimer: not a professional and I didn't even sleep in a Holiday Inn last night.
    Agreed, wait it out for now. If you have faith in the company and want to invest wait until the stock settles.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 11:08 AM
    The stock being down more than 7% on no news of Mapple$ soft seems like a potentiel time to buy into BBRY The transition away from HW to services seems to be running smoothly as of late with NHS and more and BES 12 on its way. And BBRY as a company doesn't seem to go away any time soon thus removing imidiate 100% downside. Even though the stock has rissen aprox 40% recently the recent downtrend still could be a good time for a potentiel buy in but what do pros and other people take on this?
    The only stock you should jump in is AAPL as sales of iphone 6 are expected to trigger the highest upgrade cycle. BBRY has no much room to go up at this point...
    anon(73368) likes this.
    07-16-14 11:17 AM
    Nobody knows really. People on here are so quick to sound like experts and give careless advice. But anyway, I bought more today. Good Luck!

Posted via CB10
    Jakob Greve likes this.
    07-16-14 11:23 AM
    Nobody knows really. People on here are so quick to sound like experts and give careless advice. But anyway, I bought more today. Good Luck!

Posted via CB10
    Nope it is a risk you have to be willing to take based on your own knowledge. Good or Bad only you will have to live with it.
    07-16-14 11:59 AM
    Nope it is a risk you have to be willing to take based on your own knowledge. Good or Bad only you will have to live with it.
    Whew, I'll be able to sleep now that I know you have a firm grasp on the obvious!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 12:06 PM
    well the stock is taking a bit of a beating today, or at least slowing down in some regards, with news of the Apple and IBM team up (down 10% last time I checked)

the real question is, will the new dynamic duo really create some products that shake up BlackBerry's niche?
    07-16-14 02:15 PM
    Whew, I'll be able to sleep now that I know you have a firm grasp on the obvious!

Posted via CB10
    Glad to help!

Too bad you didn't heed my advice to the OP to take today to wait and see......
    07-16-14 02:31 PM
    Don't think it will and I thought the Berry train had left the station. On last ER the stock rose by 40% that was structuring layoffs cuts and a tax credit. Only real question is will BlackBerry make real money in the future I belive they will turn profitable. Furthermore a ten-bagger from their lows is probably realistic in a positve scenario so in 1-2 years time you could see a share price of 60 when/if things start to hit off You got medical QNX automotive BES 12 and what seem like huge increced interest from the coorporate sector and government. The turn from HW to service/software is just getting started - Did I mention project ion and BBM enhanced - well now I did
    07-16-14 03:14 PM
    That's ambitious. But who knows what will happen if John Chen can get Blackberry to profit. Even more so if he exceeds his goal for profit...analysts will go crazy

Posted with no typos using the Q10
    07-16-14 03:17 PM
    Don't think it will and I thought the Berry train had left the station. On last ER the stock rose by 40% that was structuring layoffs cuts and a tax credit. Only real question is will BlackBerry make real money in the future I belive they will turn profitable. Furthermore a ten-bagger from their lows is probably realistic in a positve scenario so in 1-2 years time you could see a share price of 60 when/if things start to hit off You got medical QNX automotive BES 12 and what seem like huge increced interest from the coorporate sector and government. The turn from HW to service/software is just getting started - Did I mention project ion and BBM enhanced - well now I did
    BlackBerry is like an early NASA test rocket... it could launch or fizzle out or just blow up. Chen is pumping a lot of fuel into it....
    07-16-14 03:40 PM
    BlackBerry is like an early NASA test rocket... it could launch or fizzle out or just blow up. Chen is pumping a lot of fuel into it....
    That is an interesting analogy. I would say accurate too .

Hopefully he is being a little more strategic and systematic than that though.

07-16-14 03:48 PM
    Liked the intake and the thought of that but don't really think or fear so - I might even hope so. Worst case would be dead money floating in an eternal range of 5-12$. John Chen gave a 50/50 chance of turnaround which I think got interpeted internally and externly as survivel chance. Seems the soul of BBRY want's to survive more than anything and they're not gonna put all the fuel into one rocket - Allthough I would Like to be there at launch time if they did...
    07-16-14 03:55 PM
    Based on assets including cash it os still underpriced but that doesn't matter now. Upward potential in over $20 potentially much high but tecent prices were a bit too high ans "the market " was looking to take some out of it.

The gradual increase should resume after this news is digested

HTC TOUCH, Nokia-N97, BlackBerry Torch 9800, Z10
    07-16-14 04:30 PM
    Based on assets including cash it os still underpriced but that doesn't matter now. Upward potential in over $20 potentially much high but tecent prices were a bit too high ans "the market " was looking to take some out of it.

The gradual increase should resume after this news is digested

Good insight. 20 seems more reasonable

07-16-14 06:18 PM
    Back in green it seems. btw don't think it safe to buy into Apple more like buying into BBRY mid 2011...hmm
    07-17-14 09:55 AM
    Do you think Apple is going to drop off?

07-17-14 11:17 AM
    You should treat stocks like betting on sports, never bet on a team you have an emotional attachment to, because that attachment will warp your reasoning.

But keep in mind that that logic prevented me from buying Apple in 1998 I think it was around $15.
    07-17-14 11:29 AM
    Not qualified to say at any level. Maybe other are. I do how ever see that they've gone from being gods under Jobs to being more like the rest of us with a humongous war chest and a humoungus user-base that is from what I seen of the Iphone 6 it looks a lot like a Samsung phone to me. Who am I to see never owned one Apple just seems less designovative to me than they did years ago and I consider that to be a bad sign for the longer term.
    07-17-14 11:38 AM
    Also I don't get the split of Apple unless it's to lure private investors. I don't thing 500$ is that high a price for a stock given that you have some initial cost for the trade.

Back in March the danish company maersk (ship-fraight and other) made a split going from a stock price of ~10,800 $ a share down to a price of 2175 $ a share highly irrelivant to this picture I know I just believe that the sub 100$ trick pony AAPL has pulled is done to lure private amateur investors and I'm not fond of that concept
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    07-17-14 11:56 AM
    Great point jakob. I think that the split is to stabilize their financial aspects. Some ponzi schemes behinds whole thing so i will wait to see their tail sticking out

#BBFactCheck
    07-20-14 09:34 AM
    Liquidity, more shares at lower price, more liquid, also looks more active on the markets. Very few buyers can afford a $10 000 share.

If you want to limit you shareholders to wealthy and institutional types then high sp might be what you want

07-20-14 12:17 PM
    It isn't a "ponzi scheme", just a way to make the stock more affordable for "consumer" investors and something that many companies do when their stock gets above a certain level.

I've owned a small amount of Disney Stock for about 30 years and it's split three times I think. Usually just after the stock goes above $100.
    07-21-14 12:03 PM
    Just don't do all of your research on BBRY from Crackberry. Otherwise, you will have a false sense of optimism. Around here, the announcement of a new COO is cause for celebration and any concerns about mobile security means that people will be flocking to Blackberry. Any pressure on the stock is simply confirmation of market manipulation by short sellers.
    07-21-14 12:11 PM
30 12