I read this article and felt the need to share it and pose this question to the crackberry nation, which company do you think Samsung learned this tactic from?
    I have been asserting for a few years now that BBRY has been under this type of scheme , and it's been very successful ( with a bit of help from RIM)

Samsung Under Investigation For Hiring People To Bash HTC Online | Pocketnow
    Last edited by BBSpring; 04-16-13 at 09:37 AM. Reason: missed a word
    s0be likes this.
    04-16-13 09:36 AM
    Typical business behavior aint nothing new.Just as usual media slow to pick up on whats actually happening as they only get whats given to them.Its only when they actually do homework and real journalism they can write some truths.
    04-16-13 09:43 AM
    This underground guerrilla marketing using third-party proxies has been going on for sometime now. It is very active on the net and even extends to retail stores. Go into any tablet retail display and try to use a Playbook. Betcha it won't work !! The charging cable will be partially cut, the OS will be wiped or any other various methods used to disable the units. However, the iPads work just fine.....always !

For blogs, the poster or the commenter or even both could be paid to either damage or support a particular view. Think about product reviews and how so many will be positive with a few one-star ratings sprinkled in with the appropriate dire warnings not to purchase.

I truly believe this goes a lot further than just fake stories in the media and plays a larger part in a company's success or failure than we think.
    04-16-13 10:38 AM
    I'm of the firm belief that the majority of the recent negative threads (mostly the I'm returning z10threads) started by folks with very few posts are paid schills

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Z10
    04-16-13 10:44 AM
    This is the tip of the samsung and apple iceberg of manipulation and propaganda. They both know BB10 is just an advanced OS that they can not beat. They only weapon is to brainwash the puppet masses with misinformation and propaganda.
    04-16-13 11:21 AM
    It's too bad that the fine they are facing is nothing but pocket change to them.
    04-16-13 12:36 PM
    It's too bad that the fine they are facing is nothing but pocket change to them.
    more like the lint that resides with the pocket change. I bet Samsung spends more on paperclips in one day then what that fine amounts to (yes the last point I made is a hyperbole)
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-16-13 03:16 PM
    The point you alluded to in the end is the truth behind the situation with the blackberry brand. It has been hammered down to the bottom of the rung by tech bloggers and the tactics described above. The negative comments you hear about blackberries have very little to do with the actual device and more to do with the perception. The actual amount of work it takes to dig a brand out of the dumpster...is huge. But, it's been done before.
    04-16-13 03:54 PM
    I have been asserting for a few years now that BBRY has been under this type of scheme , and it's been very successful ( with a bit of help from RIM)
    [/url]
    Not a bit of help. A lot.

BBRY's (like HTC's) biggest enemy has been itself.
    04-16-13 03:58 PM
    That response is very shortsighted, RIM made mistakes, but do you think the vitriol towards the company is warranted? Apple released a device that dropped calls , then told the buyers that it was their fault........what impact was felt? then they released Siri and made commercials about it which were/are untrue.

The point I am trying to make is, Yes RIM deserves knocks for products, delays etc....but not to the extend that it has been doled out. The lack of fight from RIM( old BBRY) has also helped the tactics work even better.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    04-16-13 04:05 PM
    That response is very shortsighted, RIM made mistakes, but do you think the vitriol towards the company is warranted? Apple released a device that dropped calls , then told the buyers that it was their fault........what impact was felt? then they released Siri and made commercials about it which were/are untrue.

The point I am trying to make is, Yes RIM deserves knocks for products, delays etc....but not to the extend that it has been doled out. The lack of fight from RIM( old BBRY) has also helped the tactics work even better.
    First: all the tech companies do this, passive or otherwise. Go look at who they give fan awards to.

Every platform enthusiast thinks his/her platform is unfairly targeted. The biggest issue for any corporation is not shooting themselves in the foot. I use an HTC device, and I think HTC did most of the damage to itself. Ditto for BBRY.

You think BBRY is the target of more guerrilla marketing attacks than Apple?

Not condoning it, not saying it's fair, but in my opinion, BBRY needs to focus more on execution. The biggest factor in BBRY's downfall had NOT been the blogosphere.
    04-16-13 04:12 PM
    That's good blame the victim. It's BBRY fault. LoL

Posted via CB10
    04-16-13 08:50 PM
    That's good blame the victim. It's BBRY fault. LoL

Posted via CB10
    Humor us. You've called BBRY the victim.

List the perpetrators.
    04-16-13 08:54 PM