Just proving how imitating and copying is not an effective strategy, KNOX has been Iced over at Samsung.
    Samsung Delays Release of Security Software for Galaxy Phones - NYTimes.com

Samsung Delays Release of Security Software for Galaxy Phones
    By BRIAN X. CHEN

In February, Samsung Electronics introduced Knox, a version of Android with security features to make the company�s phones more suitable for businesses, expected for release this spring. But the company has delayed the release of the software until summer, according to two people briefed on the company�s plans.

Samsung initially said Knox would launch on the Galaxy S4, which is to arrive in AT&T stores on Saturday. But two people working with Samsung on Knox, who asked not to be named because they were not authorized to speak about their relationships with the company, said Samsung had decided to delay the release because it needed more time to test the software internally and with carriers. Samsung informed one of these people that Knox would be out around July.

Knox is expected to ship on some Samsung Galaxy devices. Analysts say the software puts Samsung, the leading manufacturer of Android devices, in a position to replace BlackBerry as the phone for professionals.

Samsung�s spokespeople confirmed that a full version of Knox would not be available until a later date.

�All the Knox framework components come standard on the device, with full-feature activation by solution providers and distribution channels to become available at a later date,� the company said in a statement.
    04-25-13 07:12 AM
    Analysts say the software puts Samsung, the leading manufacturer of Android devices, in a position to replace BlackBerry as the phone for professionals.
    Some ANALysts really are morons

Si
    Bobcat665 and Scott Lefebvre like this.
    04-25-13 08:08 AM
    Dude you better rephrase your post title. It's misleading at bare minimum. Samsung has also not confirmed this as yet, so take this as a pinch of salt.
    04-25-13 08:24 AM
    Dude you better rephrase your post title. It's misleading at bare minimum. Samsung has also not confirmed this as yet, so take this as a pinch of salt.
    I think they have confirmed it's delayed. At least the NY Times says they did.

Samsung Delays Release of Security Software for Galaxy Phones - NYTimes.com
    04-25-13 12:10 PM
    Oh, you are probably referring to the "Indefinite" part of the post title...yes, that could be misleading.
    04-25-13 12:14 PM
    Oh, you are probably referring to the "Indefinite" part of the post title...yes, that could be misleading.
    " ...Samsung’s spokespeople confirmed that a full version of Knox would not be available until a later date....."

Nothing definite here. I guess "indefinitely" sounds right.
    04-25-13 10:08 PM
    I heard about this... What a joke. Remember that commercial that Samsung had not long ago, with the office folks having 2 devices. The lady kept telling people "You don't need your BlackBerry anymore, Samsung now has KNOX security." Haha, yeah right. Bunch of bull
    04-25-13 10:16 PM
    I heard about this... What a joke. Remember that commercial that Samsung had not long ago, with the office folks having 2 devices. The lady kept telling people "You don't need your BlackBerry anymore, Samsung now has KNOX security." Haha, yeah right. Bunch of bull
    Hahahahahahahq, I was thinking of that too. Wonder what they're thinking now. Lol
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-25-13 11:42 PM
    Hahahahahahahq, I was thinking of that too. Wonder what they're thinking now. Lol
    And you know if it was apple, they would sue... It would be great to win the lottery and just make an identical national commercial that's just snide as hell, calling out Samsung. Someone gets hacked and the old lady is super sarcastic about how "secure" android is, haha
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    04-26-13 12:05 AM
    And you know if it was apple, they would sue... It would be great to win the lottery and just make an identical national commercial that's just snide as hell, calling out Samsung. Someone gets hacked and the old lady is super sarcastic about how "secure" android is, haha

"That other company promised their product was secure, but the secure part was just hype and never materialized, and then I got hacked..."
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-26-13 02:33 PM
    Just proving how imitating and copying is not an effective strategy,
    Are you kidding? Both BBRY and Samsung prove that, uh, borrowing ideas can be very rewarding.

I hate to be harsh, but missing self-imposed deadlines is horrible in my book, so Samsung should take the heat. It won't affect its market position or success of current offerings, though.
    04-26-13 02:39 PM
    It won't affect its market position or success of current offerings, though.

Goddess forbid when BBRY misses a target date though. You would think the world was coming to an end, by the sounds of usual band of negative nellies around here.
    04-26-13 03:01 PM
    Goddess forbid when BBRY misses a target date though. You would think the world was coming to an end, by the sounds of usual band of negative nellies around here.
    I don't even think this is about missing deadlines though.

Has BlackBerry ever aired a national commercial, advertising a device heavily based on a feature which not only wasn't available at the time, but even got delayed well past the launch of the device? Pretty sure that was an S3 commercial, and now the S4 will be out long before KNOX makes an appearance. If that doesn't constitute false advertisement then I don't know what does...
    04-26-13 05:09 PM
    I don't even think this is about missing deadlines though.

Has BlackBerry ever aired a national commercial, advertising a device heavily based on a feature which not only wasn't available at the time, but even got delayed well past the launch of the device? Pretty sure that was an S3 commercial, and now the S4 will be out long before KNOX makes an appearance. If that doesn't constitute false advertisement then I don't know what does...

I agree. What irks me is Samsung advertising always seems to have some cynical, opportunist commentary about their competition. And then we find out things like the following, which Samsung keeps trying to claim are "isolated incidents" .... going back to at least 2010:

Samsung's forum astroturfing - not limited to Sweden? - Computeractive - News
    Samsung Taiwan marketers allegedly created astroturf smear campaign against HTC | Ars Technica
    Michael Zammuto Decries Samsung's Fake Review Strategy - Yahoo! Finance
    Samsung slapped with a fine for misleading Galaxy Y Duos ads
    Is Samsung's New Galaxy Tab Fibbing About Its Figure? And About Those Galaxy Tab Fans...
    Samsung’s Fake Galaxy Tab Interviews: Hey, Those Words Sound Familiar!
    Taiwan’s Fair Trade Commission Investigating Samsung For Online Attacks Against HTC | TechCrunch
    Last edited by Omnitech; 04-26-13 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Added more links
    04-26-13 06:44 PM