Hi all are you guys happy with the bb stock performance and the news of bb supporting android phones?

I am very disappointed with the performance of the stock and also with the news that bb is lost by 40% of the hardware business.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-23-15 01:35 PM
    As long as he doors remain open, I am happy.
    DJM626 likes this.
    06-23-15 02:27 PM
    Who wants to buy a samsung?

600 million Samsung Galaxy phones exposed to hackers

600 million Samsung Galaxy phones exposed to hackers - Jun. 17, 2015
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-23-15 02:30 PM
    Who wants to buy a samsung?

600 million Samsung Galaxy phones exposed to hackers

600 million Samsung Galaxy phones exposed to hackers - Jun. 17, 2015
    Uh, okay... Did you post that here on purpose?
    techvisor likes this.
    06-23-15 02:42 PM
    Hi all are you guys happy with the bb stock performance and the news of bb supporting android phones?

I am very disappointed with the performance of the stock and also with the news that bb is lost by 40% of the hardware business.

News of BB supporting Android Phones? (missed that one)

Stock performance... it's hard to say where it will go, but are you saying you expect something good from today's ER that would send it higher? Most everyone (outside of this section of CrackBerry) expect bad news.... which is why the stock was heading down before the ER.

But, long term there were a number of positives for the company. And reason to believe that Chen will make BlackBerry a strong company in the mobile security business. He just needs to shed HARDWARE and BIS that are bring the company down.... of course that is also a lot of revenue they are losing each quarter. Another year or maybe two and BlackBerry will be a health and growing company with a share price that reflects the actual volume of their sales....
    06-23-15 02:55 PM
    News of BB supporting Android Phones? (missed that one)

Stock performance... it's hard to say where it will go, but are you saying you expect something good from today's ER that would send it higher? Most everyone (outside of this section of CrackBerry) expect bad news.... which is why the stock was heading down before the ER.

But, long term there were a number of positives for the company. And reason to believe that Chen will make BlackBerry a strong company in the mobile security business. He just needs to shed HARDWARE and BIS that are bring the company down.... of course that is also a lot of revenue they are losing each quarter. Another year or maybe two and BlackBerry will be a health and growing company with a share price that reflects the actual volume of their sales....
    But as we have seen that bb share price is goes down continously I am afraid of the future of the company.

06-23-15 04:04 PM
    I stopped buying into Chen's routine a couple quarters ago. They needed to take a gamble and spend money advertising OS 10 and the new devices. They were not willing to do that. At best, it seems that the company will be a small software company trying to leverage its past achievements in very competitive markets.

The last investor during the investor conference today to ask a question hit the nail on the head: are you going to market the new devices to the public because they don't know they exist. Chen talked about shifting the focus of their marketing efforts to consumers, which sounded good but then said that the best "bang for the buck" was internet ads.

BBRY needs to convince the public that it is strong and its products are cutting edge. Internet ads DO NOT achieve this in the same way as print/tv. Maybe video ads on the internet, but they are too cheap to do video ads.

I could see something like ads on PBS before the Newshour, golf tournament sponsorships and those types of ads. They need to tell people in their core market (white, higher income, professional) that they still exist and make products tailored for them.

Not changing anything in how they market their devices will leave the company scrapping for some sustainable software business when they have a potential goldmine in the smartphone business if they could move the needle at all.
    06-23-15 06:22 PM
    I stopped buying into Chen's routine a couple quarters ago. They needed to take a gamble and spend money advertising OS 10 and the new devices. They were not willing to do that. At best, it seems that the company will be a small software company trying to leverage its past achievements in very competitive markets.

The last investor during the investor conference today to ask a question hit the nail on the head: are you going to market the new devices to the public because they don't know they exist. Chen talked about shifting the focus of their marketing efforts to consumers, which sounded good but then said that the best "bang for the buck" was internet ads.

BBRY needs to convince the public that it is strong and its products are cutting edge. Internet ads DO NOT achieve this in the same way as print/tv. Maybe video ads on the internet, but they are too cheap to do video ads.

I could see something like ads on PBS before the Newshour, golf tournament sponsorships and those types of ads. They need to tell people in their core market (white, higher income, professional) that they still exist and make products tailored for them.

Not changing anything in how they market their devices will leave the company scrapping for some sustainable software business when they have a potential goldmine in the smartphone business if they could move the needle at all.
    I agree they do need to spend money... but not on hardware. I look at IBM, and while they do sell computers... most all of their ads indicate they are technology solution providers. And they do advertise in areas that you would think of as mainly consumer mediums, because when it comes down to it... everyone is a consumer.
    06-24-15 07:16 AM
    Sir, I respect everyone's believes, but to bring a racial mention into a product market sounds kind of strange to me... in my humble opinion, let's not go that way in our forums... just my opinion

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    06-24-15 07:30 AM
    Gosh, what is happening to BBRY right now? It's crazy. Quarterly report wasn't that bad was it?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:23 PM
    Gosh, what is happening to BBRY right now? It's crazy. Quarterly report wasn't that bad was it?
    Well, the hardware sales figures makes people think that they will be out of the hardware business soon. The software sales figures were padded with some patent revenue so that analysts are having a hard time figuring out whether the software business is really growing or not. I'm not surprised that the analysts are punishing John Chen for not being clear about what revenue comes from recurring subscriptions and what comes from patent deals that may or may not be ongoing.
    06-30-15 02:29 PM
    Software was awful, it fell sequentially, and the guidance now is 20% growth YoY, far from the incredible growth Chen was suggesting in previous quarters.
    06-30-15 02:36 PM
    Even so, BBRY made money, right? And they have a lot of cash in reserve. Hmm, yeah I wish Chen were more transparent.

I feel like their hardware division is dead weight. But it made more than their software this quarter, right? Ugh. It's not as if they're not a major player in the industry (though it looks like they don't matter). What would happen if BBRY just ceased to exist? No QNX, no BES for government or secure use. There aren't a lot of folks out there that are doing this kind of stuff correctly. Patents hoarded.

How is mission critical and security not the biggest market going forward into this new tech-oriented world?

And Canada would block a BBRY sale to Lenovo...why?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-15 02:47 PM
    Gosh BlackBerry is down by 0.20 cent and 2.44% down today it's really bad news for BlackBerry from 3 consequent days BlackBerry is going down what happened next? Will BlackBerry will be out of the market? Worries and worries

senmut2079 likes this.
    07-01-15 02:54 PM
    Gosh BlackBerry is down by 0.20 cent and 2.44% down today it's really bad news for BlackBerry from 3 consequent days BlackBerry is going down what happened next? Will BlackBerry will be out of the market? Worries and worries
    I think it's the same answer as it's been since Chen started. It's going to take another year probably for us to know whether the Chen strategy is going to work or not. In the mean time, of course the stock will fluctuate with ER's, but who cares? I think the board knows that this is just the beginning of a huge transformation that Chen has planned.
    07-01-15 03:01 PM
    I'm not surprised that the analysts are punishing John Chen for not being clear about what revenue comes from recurring subscriptions and what comes from patent deals that may or may not be ongoing.
    If the numbers had been glowing, BBRY would be certain to offer more transparency and boast about them.

That BBRY does not bother addressing analyst concerns prove that it is applying the same smoke and mirrors tactics it is so famous for.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-02-15 05:20 AM
    If the numbers had been glowing, BBRY would be certain to offer more transparency and boast about them.

That BBRY does not bother addressing analyst concerns prove that it is applying the same smoke and mirrors tactics it is so famous for.
    The guy said on the conference cal he can't disclose any of the details as per the deal. I doubt he is lying honestly. He said the revenue should kick in sometime this year from the licensing. everyone is just crying over the fact they won't be able to derive a run rate on software without guessing what the license piece is. In johns mind, who cares about the highs and lows of the stock for the year if he knows he's on track.
    07-02-15 04:26 PM
    When the analysts can't get a clear picture, the reaction, rightfully so, is to assume the worst. Chen can't or won't paint a crystal clear picture so everything gets discounted.

Uncertainty is the killer of valuation.

There are numerous things, both right, wrong, and inconsistent in the Chen strategy. I think this is derived from being uncertain as to the real target market and what they want. Enterprise/business is not all homogenous. And, they need the right approach to appeal to the ones they want.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 09:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has been trading on potential for years now.
    The potential has never been realized and every CEO in the last 5 years wasn't able to direct BlackBerry into a healthy direction.

The market is simply annoyed and doesn't believe that the theoretical potential will be met.
    They still don't think that BlackBerry is a useless company without a future (as the price is obviously still too good) but it's getting there.

If Chen doesn't do a 360 and revives the phone division OR he actually gets successful with a SaaS BlackBerry, say hello to a new penny stock or a dirt cheap BlackBerry sale to another company.
    techvisor likes this.
    07-25-15 05:17 AM