$16?? Let us know who your fund manager is so we can avoid investing with him/her.
    Doesn't anybody else find this guy's (fuzzballz) avatar slightly disturbing and questionable? Just saying...

Via my Zormtrooper...
    Kid Vibe and Fuzzballz like this.
    09-23-13 06:09 PM
    I have a financial question. So what is the best move for a shareholder right now? How do we even ensure we get the $9.00?

What happens if everyone goes to sell tomorrow morning and the price keeps going down? Do we just keeping losing until we sell or should a person just hold them for this sale? I'm confused as to how something like this is supposed to work now.
    09-23-13 06:15 PM
    I have a financial question. So what is the best move for a shareholder right now? How do we even ensure we get the $9.00?

What happens if everyone goes to sell tomorrow morning and the price keeps going down? Do we just keeping losing until we sell or should a person just hold them for this sale? I'm confused as to how something like this is supposed to work now.

It's easy,

I really don't think you will have more than $9 at this point (but I have NO Cristal Ball) , So the best thinh IMO you have to do is to put an order to sell it @ $9.00

This way instead of having you money stuck in BBRY at least you will be able to place it in a saving account or anything else that bring some money instead of losing money.

If Watsa don'T buy (change his mind) at the end it can go lower than $7 IMO... There is a TINY chance that somebody bet over $9 (0000.000555% IMO) but it will not happen since Watsa with Mike are the biggest Shareholders.

Regards
    09-23-13 06:22 PM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Premier offer just outs a floor price.. super low as it is....

Now the big players have a chance to acquire some amazing assets At good value...
    BlackBerry needs to get bbm cross platform out asap!! .. and 10.2....

Create some positive momentum... much better offers will follow during the next six weeks....

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:27 PM
    If MSFT did not buy NOK, it is a no brain for MSFT to pay 12+ per share for bbry, there is really no risk here:
    1. cash 2.6B
    2. patents 1-2B
    3. service: easily 2-3B (right now the revenue is about 3B per year, even a 50% margin the profit would be 1.5B in one year)
    4. properties/account receivable - account payable is another 2B per last year.

Assume if the buyer could obsorb the $5B components obligation(I do not believe it is in one year), then
    the total of the above has a minimum value of 7-8B.

So if it is bot by a PE, like I said early, there is a huge risk for this $5B comp obligation, I do not think any PE could buy it for price at 12+.

But for a company who is actually having business in the industry, $7-$8Billion takover ($14 per share) is not a big risk here.
    09-23-13 06:28 PM
    I saw this coming last week, the prospect of a sale never chimed in as a good thing for me.

I was planning on making my move some time this week before earnings, hoping that I could squeeze some profits from the Z30 launch or the BBM drop.

Instead with them dropping the terrible news early, I got burned along with all the other little guys that have to work during the day and don't watch the ticker constantly....

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:39 PM
    I saw this coming last week, the prospect of a sale never chimed in as a good thing for me.

I was planning on making my move some time this week before earnings, hoping that I could squeeze some profits from the Z30 launch or the BBM drop.

Instead with them dropping the terrible news early, I got burned along with all the other little guys that have to work during the day and don't watch the ticker constantly....

Posted via CB10

Which is why this little guy NEVER plays the game.
    09-23-13 07:30 PM
    This is more like a takeunder than a takeover.
    Well phrased!
    09-23-13 07:48 PM
    So.... about those 8 new contracts. BB better announce who they are tomorrow... Knowing them, they prob will forget... fml
    danprown likes this.
    09-23-13 07:53 PM
    Microsoft has said they are paying attention. And as I read the press release it says BlackBerry can entertain other offers and pay a penalty. I would expect that if Microsoft thinks BlackBerry's patents, enterprise products and Bbm are worth more than $9/share, then Microsoft is already preparing a better offer.

Not to mention that Microsoft is really one of the few big public companies that would want BlackBerry that can buy BlackBerry. They have the cash and they are a US company that is trusted already as a supplier of technology to the government.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    On one of those financial talk shows, a commentator said that it made total sense for Microsoft to buy a piece of Nokia. Many U.S. companies, like MS, have a lot of cash off-shore that they can't bring back into the U.S. without incuring a lot of tax penalities. To maximize their purchasing power, they go after overseas companies. So... it's quite plausible for MS to go after BlackBerry, even if the offer is for only a little more. Unfortunately, if MS gets in on this, speculators will be sure to push the price up.
    09-23-13 07:53 PM
    From what I'm seeing... Fairfax buys the company for 4.7 billion... They get BB's 2.6 billion in cash so essentially they bought the company for 2 billion dollars... WOW. I bet you that if this goes through, the Prem is going to sell off the assets piece by piece and make bank while I sit at home and play with my balls of steel.
    09-23-13 08:08 PM
    bbm cross platform with channels etc alone would have value at $5b + by next spring!!....

Posted via CB10
    That is a preposterous statement. Perhaps BBM will actually be launched by then. .
    danprown likes this.
    09-23-13 08:20 PM
    Interesting. If the majority of the shareholders are making the long play I think Fairfax may need to sweeten the deal to attract their "yes" vote.

Do private company ever offer their shares in deals like these?

Posted via CB10
    Haha you think Fairfax will give away it's $400 stock to secure yes votes? That's the knee slapper of the day.

$9 is more than fair, it was hovering around the $10-11 mark and the Q2 was going to drop this around 7-8.

9 is a kick in the pants for th longs, but needs to be done now before the Q3 which could drop it to 4-5 and put BBRY to rest for good.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:30 PM
    It is a RIP deal. Its going the best investors are going to get. Investors could have gotten out when the stick was 17+ around the announcements in January.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 08:35 PM
39 12