Not at all happy with....9$ a share.. Timing is very opportunistic.... Not happy.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Chicago777Guy; 09-23-13 at 02:30 PM.
    09-23-13 01:28 PM
    I know - I'm not happy at all.

That said, it just goes to show what confidence there is in BlackBerry.

:-s

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    09-23-13 01:30 PM
    09-23-13 01:31 PM
    It certainly wasn't the $13-$15 that many expected Blackberry shares would fetch on a takeover. This is more like a takeunder than a takeover.
    Last edited by Tuco Ramirez; 09-23-13 at 02:38 PM.
    09-23-13 01:39 PM
    I can't talk for everyone, but we're a substantial holding and we're expecting a minimum of $16. This is below expectancy... a surprise. A lot of groups are already talking - let's see where this goes.

09-23-13 01:43 PM
    The timing Is extremely opportunistic....like they were waiting for the news on Friday before throwing in a low bid...unless Microsoft jumps in Shareholders are screwed...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:45 PM
    The timing Is extremely opportunistic....like they were waiting for the news on Friday before throwing in a low bid...unless Microsoft jumps in Shareholders are screwed...

Posted via CB10
    Microsoft has said they are paying attention. And as I read the press release it says BlackBerry can entertain other offers and pay a penalty. I would expect that if Microsoft thinks BlackBerry's patents, enterprise products and Bbm are worth more than $9/share, then Microsoft is already preparing a better offer.

Not to mention that Microsoft is really one of the few big public companies that would want BlackBerry that can buy BlackBerry. They have the cash and they are a US company that is trusted already as a supplier of technology to the government.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    09-23-13 01:50 PM
    Microsoft has said they are paying attention. And as I read the press release it says BlackBerry can entertain other offers and pay a penalty. I would expect that if Microsoft thinks BlackBerry's patents, enterprise products and Bbm are worth more than $9/share, then Microsoft is already preparing a better offer.

Not to mention that Microsoft is really one of the few big public companies that would want BlackBerry that can buy BlackBerry. They have the cash and they are a US company that is trusted already as a supplier of technology to the government.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    I really hope so...

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:53 PM
    $9 bucks a share. This is horrible for those who invested or held onto that stock. Well it took 5 years to send this company to the bottom. The good news is some here will say that is a smart business move because they saw it in a blog and they have been with RIM for 2 whole years. So do we think this more will help or hurt the PlayBook. Im so fed up with this company I may buy an American backed product like an iphone.
    09-23-13 01:55 PM

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    BBM is worthless to MS (and most anyone else)
    Patents.... I bet between what MS has and what Nokia has... MS is pretty secure.
    Enterprise Products - some value there to merge some of the MDM features of BES with Exchange.

Is BB worth $9 a share? Most likely it is close to that. But this isn't a case of a buyer coming in and buying a company because it has future potential. It's a case of a major shareholder trying to keep from losing all of his investment. If BB is worth $9, then half of that is a pretty good starting point.
    09-23-13 02:13 PM
    I really hope so...

Posted via CB10
    I said a while back I'd like to see Microsoft buy BlackBerry. I also said I would like to see it in the context of them dropping Windows Phone and adopting BlackBerry 10 as their mobile platform. This was before the release of BB10. When WP was doing more poorly and hopes were high for BB10. There was a "feeling" that BB10 would become #3, BlackBerry would starting earning some cash, and yet would see itself as needing a larger set of resources to go head to head with the big boys. And MS would have almost no choice but to buy them.

Oh well just goes to show how hard these things are to call.

At this point I am just so flipping sick of the drama that I am glad to see something final happen in terms of sell out/not sell out. Time for BB to move on. They are not #3. It is settled. They can slim down and we'll see what comes of it. It is very sad for all those folks to have to lose their jobs. Very sad. I think about that a lot.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    09-23-13 02:15 PM
    I can't talk for everyone, but we're a substantial holding and we're expecting a minimum of $16. This is below expectancy... a surprise. A lot of groups are already talking - let's see where this goes.
    $16?? Let us know who your fund manager is so we can avoid investing with him/her.
    09-23-13 02:16 PM
    At 9 a share I still make money!

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    09-23-13 02:19 PM
    Lol

Thanks all!

No - I was not saying that it would be achievable at $16 - of course not, when the share price is tanking (intentionally or otherwise) I said the expectation was of a buyback at $16.

And to the chap that said he had stuff to sell me - yes please, I have a head and heart ache!!!

09-23-13 02:22 PM
    Doesn't this get put to a share holder vote?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:26 PM
    Not at all happy with....9$ a share.. Timing is very opportunistic...Not Happy

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 02:29 PM
    Doesn't this get put to a share holder vote?

Posted via CB10
    YES

So you either take $9 now... or wait three months for the next ER and only get $6.... or wait for the 4Q ER and hope you get $4... You do understand what people aren't buying BlackBerry's means right....?

A lot of people will be happy to be done with BlackBerry - and some of the big owners are with PW and will make profit on the other side of the purchase.
    09-23-13 02:35 PM

Okay, I am a BB customer but not a shareholder so I have no skin in the game. Having said that, I think the offer could be describe as reasonable to generous. Given the various results and trends on sales, it seems like a lifeline to me, for at least part of the business. I think one big remaining question is whether the announcement about consolidating on enterprise and "prosumers" is current management, tentative new management or both. Time will tell.
    09-23-13 02:44 PM
    Interesting. If the majority of the shareholders are making the long play I think Fairfax may need to sweeten the deal to attract their "yes" vote.

Do private company ever offer their shares in deals like these?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Just Me; 09-23-13 at 03:31 PM.
    09-23-13 03:19 PM
    $9 a share is not a bad price. I was expecting closer to $8. Clearly, though, the buyer has no intention of maintain the company in any form comparable to what it is today. Probably will just cannibalize it. People hoping for $10 or more were dreaming and not paying attention.
    09-23-13 05:31 PM
    Interesting. If the majority of the shareholders are making the long play I think Fairfax may need to sweeten the deal to attract their "yes" vote.

Do private company ever offer their shares in deals like these?

Posted via CB10
    Or wait 3 months.
    09-23-13 05:39 PM
  22. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I agree this "first " offer is outrageously low ball!!..... but hopefully will now trigger "serious offers" from big players such as Microsoft who know see a "steal"....

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 05:56 PM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    bbm cross platform with channels etc alone would have value at $5b + by next spring!!....

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 06:00 PM
    Well Chris's editorial rather succinctly posits the idea that there is no confidence in BlackBerry. That informs the price. I hope another offer comes in but I have a feeling this is it.

09-23-13 06:03 PM
    lawsuit(S) are in the works...
    this definitely aint over.
    09-23-13 06:04 PM
39 12