I think the people making decisions at BlackBerry HQ should not give up on the consumer market. Re-launch the Z10 along side the Z30.
    Offer a BlackBerry World redemption credit for each phone (lower value for the Z10) Don't market these phones as "productive tools". Tell consumers what they want to hear. That these phones are the best choice for surfing the web, chatting with friends on Face Book, entertainment (especially the Z30).

My Z10 is the first BlackBerry I've owned. My wife and I switched from Samsung Android devices when the Z10 launched here in Canada, and we haven't regretted the decision. These are great phones.
    hindsketchup238 and SK122387 like this.
    09-23-13 11:21 PM
    If the people at BlackBerry didn't know how to LAUNCH the Z10 to begin with, they aren't going to have a chance at a relaunch. Management needs to go.

Posted via CB10
    gg22 likes this.
    09-24-13 08:22 AM
    I agree. There needs to be a change in management. Get rid of, Mr Heins. Bring in someone who can get the job done right. There's still hope for the hand set business.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:37 AM
    These guys really screwed up one of the biggest launches in their history. Nobody is denying that the product is great. I love my Z10. But you also need to execute and this is where they failed. They failed to market the product, they failed to convince Blackberry users to switch, they failed to convince developers to build apps, they failed to rollout the devices at the same time, they failed to push updates fast, they failed to convince carriers to push the device, they failed by not offering a low end device, they failed at marketing!

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    09-24-13 08:47 AM
    Agreed, have yet to see brilliance from the executive office at BBRY in years.

Now I'm in a quandry. Have held off on device upgrade for many years (still on an old BB)....Z30 has my eye, but now concerned it would be like buying a Sony Betamax at it's end of life cycle. Beyond being a long time shareholder and huge BB fan, certainly disappointed with the financial loss most of us will take, but now unsure where to go device wise. Sucks all around.
    09-24-13 09:01 AM
    Agreed, have yet to see brilliance from the executive office at BBRY in years.

Now I'm in a quandry. Have held off on device upgrade for many years (still on an old BB)....Z30 has my eye, but now concerned it would be like buying a Sony Betamax at it's end of life cycle. Beyond being a long time shareholder and huge BB fan, certainly disappointed with the financial loss most of us will take, but now unsure where to go device wise. Sucks all around.
    Don't think we are really going to know for several months.

Save yourself the pain and anguish and just go with another platform....
    09-24-13 09:49 AM