What matters for BlackBerry is what matters to users: What matters for BlackBerry is what matters to users | Computerworld Blogs

" At this week's Computerworld Premier 100 conference in Tucson, I asked many of the IT leaders whether their companies will use the coming BlackBerry Z10 smartphone or its qwerty cousin, the Q10. I had done a review of the Z10 and found the underlying BlackBerry 10 OS to be very good. Based on my experience, I thought there might be some genuine interest.

What I found is that nobody, out of about 20 CIOs and senior VP's of IT, that I spoke to said they would be endorsing or adopting the platform, except for one CIO who pulled out his current BlackBerry and said, "I only use BlackBerry because my boss wants us to." He suggested his boss might require continuing with BlackBerry 10 and the Z10."

Still a lot of work for $BBRY to do in the Enterprise world to redeem their current mindshare as CIOs stating the power is in the users hand thanks to BYOD.
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    03-07-13 05:31 PM
    we will see when the Z10 actually hits the street, Z10 gets a lot of switched over new customers, so right there you have your users.........
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    03-07-13 05:38 PM
    Article is hilarous the guys lost between enterprise and consumer space.He seems to think consumers decide what phones are used in companys and that both spaces are one in the same.The mistake Rim made.

Last I checked user get issued phone devices by IT department its them that decides what goes on to the network.The guy ignores the fact that even NOW companys that were in attendace were using legacy BES.Why would they all of sudden switch security solution one that has upgraded and now secures all devices.BYOD has been blown way out of proportion by theses blog sites.BYOD only exist cause companys during reccession cut cost and bringing your own phone was cost saving but it came at a price un managed data and isurance issues.It will not be consumers deciding what phoens company use be sure of that will be IT managers.We know it saves money for companys so users with little information will be BYOD.

Enterprise rely on security and that wont change.Article is hilarious he goes on to champion an untested solution by samsung.Like BB didnt showcase the balance feature.BB have a prooven history are already implemented within enterprise space it is just upgrading and gaining new customers now.The Bes 10 already supports MDM support and has already been rolled out worldwide.German goverment and Nato have already bought stock.40k's worth of phones thats one **** of a problem I guess

This article is eitehr dated or thsi guy is not clued up.Seems to think goverments and companys will just switch security service like its a consumer product.Security is heavily valued it is not a johnny consumer hipster jump on whatevers hot space.NO serious head of IT would ignore proven track record goverment certified security.

How did this one article sway you so easily?? Seriously you got to look at whats actually happening not go on these bloggers whim guess.This is either an old article or he's not clued up he presents no facts and is totally not aware of whats actually happening wth BB such as buys from german goverment and nato,birmingham mental health.There will be plenty more to come to come .
    03-07-13 06:17 PM
    The article did not sway me, if you were referring to me as the OP. BlackBerry in the US has a complete different mind share to the rest of the world and this is just an example of the uphill battle they face in the US. Those CIOs could be working for small or mid cap companies where BYOD is more prevalent to large cap companies, after all BB is still present in 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
    Also, he was giving his anecdotal experience from the conference he was at and I know that he is not alone in that experience in the US. How BlackBerry will do in the US is still an uncertainty, they have a lot of reputational damage to amend.
    03-07-13 06:39 PM
    4500 BES10 downloads in NA, since Jan30th says different!
    03-07-13 09:38 PM
    What matters for BlackBerry is what matters to users: What matters for BlackBerry is what matters to users | Computerworld Blogs

" At this week's Computerworld Premier 100 conference in Tucson, I asked many of the IT leaders whether their companies will use the coming BlackBerry Z10 smartphone or its qwerty cousin, the Q10. I had done a review of the Z10 and found the underlying BlackBerry 10 OS to be very good. Based on my experience, I thought there might be some genuine interest.

What I found is that nobody, out of about 20 CIOs and senior VP's of IT, that I spoke to said they would be endorsing or adopting the platform, except for one CIO who pulled out his current BlackBerry and said, "I only use BlackBerry because my boss wants us to." He suggested his boss might require continuing with BlackBerry 10 and the Z10."

Still a lot of work for $BBRY to do in the Enterprise world to redeem their current mindshare as CIOs stating the power is in the users hand thanks to BYOD.
    What Blackberry MUST DO to keep what's left of their foot in the door....
    ...Which amounts to a little toe - is to shore up their business App gap.
    ...Things like ADP Drive for Mobile ( which easily runs on any ipad or iphone ).

There are many business Apps like that which are supported by IOS and Android....
    ...NO MENTION at all for Blackberry.
    ...This isn't where business is going - IT'S ALREADY THERE.
    03-07-13 09:43 PM
    Alot of CIOs are going to be out of work and blacklisted. It's when, not if.
    03-07-13 09:54 PM