I don't own a playbook, I do own a Z10. That being said, I think the timing of today's announcement that the playbook will not be receiving BB10 was horrendous. However, it had to happen and should have been announced months ago. I understand the frustration and contempt people are venting in the forums about this but let's face it. BB is struggling to survive right now...not thrive.

If more resources are not directed at marketing and refining the BB10 platform there are going to be a lot of people with Z10s, Q10s that will have no hope of ever seeing an OS update because BB wont be around at all. The playbook was dead weight. With only 1GB of Ram BB10 was never going to work well with it and to refine BB10 to get to the point where it would work on the playbook would have taken resources and time away from the bigger issue of streamlining the company and focusing on the new phones and BES.

What scares me is I suspect a lot of hours have gone into trying to get BB10 to work on the playbook and it just isn't possible to run BB10 with 1GB, that is time is already wasted in R+D that could have gone towards 10.2. As an investor hearing that PB wont receive BB10 comforts me knowing that time and money is not going to be allocated to a device that only sold 100,000 units this quarter. If as an investor you feel any differently you are making investment decisions based on emotions and not facts and figures.
    j21jam6 and Marc_Paradise like this.
    06-28-13 09:57 PM
    I agree with you but the way this was handled and being announced today was a huge F U to shareholders.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 10:03 PM
    06-28-13 10:04 PM
    Another thread...???
    06-28-13 10:05 PM
    Seriously? Don't start with this fake stuff...
    06-28-13 10:07 PM
    Its not fake, there are dev copies out there and ports... Blackberry wasn't far off. Dude has packman on his playbook, do you know what I would do to get pacman on my playbook? I would glue my playbook to my coffee table
    06-28-13 10:17 PM
    What scares me is I suspect a lot of hours have gone into trying to get BB10 to work on the playbook and it just isn't possible to run BB10 with 1GB, that is time is already wasted in R+D that could have gone towards 10.2. As an investor hearing that PB wont receive BB10 comforts me knowing that time and money is not going to be allocated to a device that only sold 100,000 units this quarter. If as an investor you feel any differently you are making investment decisions based on emotions and not facts and figures.
    As an investor you should be appalled that the culture of lip service is still deeply rooted in the new blackberry. Let's face it. Nothing as changed. "Committed to the playbook"? Get real, Heins.
    06-28-13 10:23 PM
    Its not fake, there are dev copies out there and ports... Blackberry wasn't far off. Dude has packman on his playbook, do you know what I would do to get pacman on my playbook? I would glue my playbook to my coffee table
    Would you stoop so low and buy an iPad?
    06-29-13 02:18 PM
    I agree with you but the way this was handled and being announced today was a huge F U to shareholders.

Posted via CB10
    It was an FU to PlayBook owners, but do you seriously think Shareholders would have been happy to hear BlackBerry was piling a bunch more money into PlayBook? Not sure if you can go back and listen to the earnings calls around this time RIM PlayBook sales hurt earnings targets - Business - CBC News but you'll hear a lot of "when are you going to say, 'enough is enough and drop this thing'".
    06-29-13 02:39 PM
    I agree it had to go if it can't work alright, the problem is that they upset 100's of thousands of loyal user who from now on won't be so loyal anymore. It should have been announced much earlier and it should have been done in a better way, not during a CC without much detail.
    06-29-13 03:41 PM
    I agree it had to go if it can't work alright, the problem is that they upset 100's of thousands of loyal user who from now on won't be so loyal anymore. It should have been announced much earlier and it should have been done in a better way, not during a CC without much detail.
    I won 2 PBs....I wasn't surprised BB10 to PB isn't happening....but there was a big push for PB that it would be a unified OS with the new phone...now some of the most loyay BB owners are howling mad.. One reason: no effort to salve the wound by stating a new/improved OS for the PB so as to keep it relevant. Just......nothing. That was mistake...not dropping BB10 for PB, but how it was (wasn't) handled.
    06-30-13 11:44 AM
    Thorsten said he thinks tablets will be dead in 5 years. He was talking about the PlayBook.
    BlackBerry will now focus everything on mobile computing. New phones.

Canadian Z10 owner on Telus
    06-30-13 11:55 AM
    Sony Xperia Tablet is your living room COMMAND CENTER. For people who know better!!
    07-02-13 09:45 PM