If Good Technologies is only worth $1 Billion, BlackBerry should be the ones looking to acquire them. Good is the number two player in MDM behind BlackBerry and if BlackBerry were to consolidate and cement their leadership in that space, this could also generate long term value for the company.
    Agreed! I dont know why they didnt do this back in the day when the money was flowing even...
    05-13-13 04:50 PM
    BES10 is being given out for free.

The monthly charges are for service and support agreements. Those are optional. I know plenty of companies that run BES without a service contract, and have no monthly fees to Blackberry.
    05-14-13 10:33 AM
    BES10 is being given out for free.

The monthly charges are for service and support agreements. Those are optional. I know plenty of companies that run BES without a service contract, and have no monthly fees to Blackberry.
    Not according to Peter Misek. He stated today it was $59/CAL/annum I know they are offering it for free in 2012 but not going forward.

This has more potential $$ for BB than BB10 in my estimation, at least near term. I will be buying more shares.
    05-14-13 04:19 PM
    According to peter Misek is a red flag

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:23 PM
    Last year when he was dumping share prices then suddenly had a change of heart nobody thinks he wanted to dump sp. Now he's the biggest bull. Do any of you believe for a second he had a change of heart due to how amazing bb10 turned out to be?

"You have all heard that there is a RIM bear by the name of Peter Misek, right? This anal yst who works for Jefferies. He has been a RIM bear for a while, and his most recent take on BB10 was that the phone would be delayed to March 2013 from January, which sent the shares down 5%. Then a day came when RIM announced that it would hold a BB10 launch party on January 30, 2013, and you might expect to find a BB10 phone at your carrier within 30 days. Misek must have had a hard time explaining himself to his boss."

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 04:30 PM
    According to peter Misek is a red flag

Posted via CB10
    Not in this instance, it was announced today:

"Misek is more interested in talking about the company’s server software and network offering, “BlackBerry Enterprise Service,” or BES, as theme he has repeatedly emphasized as most important for the company’s financial future. Misek thinks the announced pricing of $59 per client access license for BES will be competitive with other vendors’ offerings in “mobile device management,” or MDM, and he thinks changes to BES are going to make it easier to install and manage"
    05-14-13 05:05 PM
    Last year when he was dumping share prices then suddenly had a change of heart nobody thinks he wanted to dump sp. Now he's the biggest bull. Do any of you believe for a second he had a change of heart due to how amazing bb10 turned out to be?

"You have all heard that there is a RIM bear by the name of Peter Misek, right? This anal yst who works for Jefferies. He has been a RIM bear for a while, and his most recent take on BB10 was that the phone would be delayed to March 2013 from January, which sent the shares down 5%. Then a day came when RIM announced that it would hold a BB10 launch party on January 30, 2013, and you might expect to find a BB10 phone at your carrier within 30 days. Misek must have had a hard time explaining himself to his boss."

Posted via CB10
    If he was speaking of the USA he was correct.
    05-14-13 05:08 PM
    My point was he didn't suddenly become a bear from a bull until the stock pretty much bottomed out. These guys aren't stupid. They don't go from being one of our biggest bears to a bull based on an actual change of heart.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 05:12 PM
    My point was he didn't suddenly become a bear from a bull until the stock pretty much bottomed out. These guys aren't stupid. They don't go from being one of our biggest bears to a bull based on an actual change of heart.

Posted via CB10
    Ok sure,not really interested in the analysts history.
    My point there is a charge for BES. It's $59/device/annum
    05-14-13 05:18 PM
    Hi Bluenoser63!

Hope you are having a good day! Just circling back with you on our recent conversation concerning the service fees you seemed to be extremely confused about last week. Today, at BlackBerry Live, BlackBerry announced the costs (service fees) associated with BES 10.1. Per device charges are $59/year (~$5/month). Please note this is in addition to Client Access Licenses (CAL) which are one-time fees.

PS - I won't be giving out our enterprise invoicing details. I'm sure you can understand that. Also, BES 10.1 was rolled out today so I don't think BlackBerry is hiding any costs from their users. Thanks for your insight!

Source: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...46471029,d.aWc

(You're welcome)

So you are saying that BB has hidden costs that they are not telling customers. Nice.

Here is a link for the Blackberry Ready program. Please show me where your monthly service fees are waived..

Program Overview - Canada

Since you are migrating from BES 5, you do have server costs and legacy service fees. A new BES 10 customer who is not migrating does not have any service fees. So please, before you state something about BES 10 as a service going forward, do some reading.
    matthewriedle likes this.
    05-14-13 05:26 PM
    Hi Bluenoser63!

Hope you are having a good day! Just circling back with you on our recent conversation concerning the service fees you seemed to be extremely confused about last week. Today, at BlackBerry Live, BlackBerry announced the costs (service fees) associated with BES 10.1. Per device charges are $59/year (~$5/month). Please note this is in addition to Client Access Licenses (CAL) which are one-time fees.

PS - I won't be giving out our enterprise invoicing details. I'm sure you can understand that. Also, BES 10.1 was rolled out today so I don't think BlackBerry is hiding any costs from their users. Thanks for your insight!

(You're welcome)
    Since all the information that was released TODAY, how could I be confused about licensing that BB had on their website last week. I have yet to see anything about pricing from the BBRY website, so please don't mind if I don't believe you. Maybe with all your insider knowledge, you know where the pricing is on the website so we can check for ourselves.

BBRY changed the BES 10 rules today.
    05-14-13 06:16 PM
    Since all the information that was released TODAY, how could I be confused about licensing that BB had on their website last week. I have yet to see anything about pricing from the BBRY website, so please don't mind if I don't believe you. Maybe with all your insider knowledge, you know where the pricing is on the website so we can check for ourselves.

BBRY changed the BES 10 rules today.
    You thought they were going to offer a free service into perpetuity out of the kindness of their hearts? Lol
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-14-13 07:18 PM
    You thought they were going to offer a free service into perpetuity out of the kindness of their hearts? Lol
    I guess I thought that they would honor the licenses that we purchased. We choose BES 10 in part because of the licenses. Now we will have to review our decision. This was a bait and switch routine.
    05-14-13 07:40 PM
    I guess I thought that they would honor the licenses that we purchased. We choose BES 10 in part because of the licenses. Now we will have to review our decision. This was a bait and switch routine.
    If you purchased a license there word be conditions attached to the license...what does it say?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 07:44 PM
    If you purchased a license there word be conditions attached to the license...what does it say?

Posted via CB10
    If was a BES 10.0 Perpetual License. Except Perpetual for BB is 6 months.

Even the upgrade from 10.0 to 10.1 says..

Migrate BES10 v10.0 to Corporate v10.1 - NFS Perpetual CAL

The only thing is that it is only good for 12 months. Someone needs to check a dictionary for the meaning of Perpetual.
    05-14-13 07:59 PM
    Don't blame you for questioning...it doesn't provide "Their" definition of perpetual?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 08:16 PM
    Don't blame you for questioning...it doesn't provide "Their" definition of perpetual?

Posted via CB10
    From the link.

https://enterprise.ecomm.webapps.bla...000000001.html

"Perpetual CALs are sold as a one-time fee to enable a device to be connected to BlackBerry� Enterprise Service 10 software of the same version and type."

But now that they came with a .1 release, they consider is a totally new version of the software. So they got people to jump on 10.0 and then did a little upgrade and killed off the perpetual licenses. So they knew that they could offer this to "suckers" like me and then once we took the time to get everything up and running for 6 months, they can kill those off those licenses and try to get us into a per year model.

They then say you can upgrade, but then you migrate your perpetual lic, they don't tell you until afterwards that you have lost that lifetime lic and have to pay them yearly. Sleezy
    05-14-13 08:44 PM
    Our accounting software is the same...run promotions to attract new clients but to stay current they have to upgrade constantly. It's fine to stay on old plan and not pay anymore but if you want the latest and greatest you have to re license ...not sleazy (in my opinion), just a cost of business.

There are many examples in every area of the economy...

Posted via CB10
    05-14-13 08:55 PM
    Would hate a Microsoft take out...M BBRY would do fantastic in 2-3 years as independent company

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 07:23 AM
    Not sure if Bluenoser has figured out what is going on yet but if you read what is stated, it says it's a one time fee to aquire the license in order to connect your device to BES. The fees associated with the service side are perpetual. So here's an example... if the business is supplying the device, and they let the employee go, then they can put that device in the drawer until it's needed again but not pay for the service. now when they bring on a new employee, they can dig out that phone and connect it again and resume paying for the service but not have to pay for the CAL.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:35 PM
    Bluenoser I think you're misinterpreting what you are reading. The link you posted is only talking about a fee to hook a device to the network not all the fees going along with it.

They are providing a service to you the same as your carrier is which charges you a monthly fee. Why offer this service for free and only have a one time connection fee.

You may say it's a Bair and switch and bits sleezy but in reality it seems that you have read things wrong. Ever MDM has a monthly fee it's really just how it goes. Sorry if you're not happy with this method

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 12:12 AM
46 12