Why does everyone with a different view have to be working for "someone" to damage the value of BBRY? There have been people questioning BlackBerry's products and business decisions on CrackBerry... LONG before some here got so concerned with the stock valuation. I agree with markmall... being emotionally attached to a stock can be a money-losing proposition.

Heck evey Kevin and Bla1ze have called a number of decisions into question. And it's pretty clear that right now Bla1ze isn't very impressed with the 10.3.1 update release.... maybe the shorters have gotten to him to?
    FUD Master your on every thread spreading your FUD. What a surprise that you would you would be here supporting someone else spreading their FUD.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Glenn Biddle; 02-23-15 at 08:42 PM.
    02-23-15 02:53 PM
    How far off topic are you guys? Id say different planets.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:58 PM
    ...and we still have no clue......no clue of how many Classics or Passports are being sold.

Ah....life is so short.
    02-23-15 04:09 PM
    Q4... I would not expect to see much in the way of growth in sales during this time frame. The Passport is a low volume device with a limited market, so numbers aren't going to be huge for it. The Classic is suppose to be THE device for enterprise, and enterprise is the NICHE so I'm sure they are hoping for sales of millions of them....

But as there is only one month left in the quarter now and it still isn't available to enterprise in the US..... Most of the Classic sales won't get counted until the first quarter of the next fiscal year.

Amazon is a consumer site, selling unlocked devices..... that still isn't how most North American customers buy smartphones. Consumer or Enterprise.
    Enterprise doesn't buy over the counter like you and me so there will be more than one months of sales in the Q4 numbers. Certainly full deployment hasn't kick into gear quite yet but to say it isn't available in the US is a bit of a stretch.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:10 PM
    Is that the technical term for them? Lol

Surprised your user name doesn't reflect your Apple haterade.
    Like it or not, the OP is right. The CRTC is going after the Canadian Telecos and interesting enough they are cooperating in the investigation. News has it that the Telecos were the ones that tipped off the CRTC. I suspect Europe will be next.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:16 PM
    Enterprise doesn't buy over the counter like you and me so there will be more than one months of sales in the Q4 numbers. Certainly full deployment hasn't kick into gear quite yet but to say it isn't available in the US is a bit of a stretch.

Posted via CB10
    Do you have some evidence that the Classic was being deployed in the US before last Friday? While I don't know any truly huge Corporations with thousands of users... most of the small companies I know of with 10 - 50 users do buy from Carriers. I really don't know what type of sales system BlackBerry has in place for large corporate accounts... but I understood that BlackBerry had done away with a number of sales positions.

It will be great if some numbers do get counted in the 4th quarter...but based on the timing of sales and how they count them (most of the Passport sales are believed not to have counted in the 3rd quarter)... I'm not going to get too excited if the 4th quarter sales don't go up a lot.
    Kosmann likes this.
    02-24-15 07:38 AM
    Do you have some evidence that the Classic was being deployed in the US before last Friday? While I don't know any truly huge Corporations with thousands of users... most of the small companies I know of with 10 - 50 users do buy from Carriers. I really don't know what type of sales system BlackBerry has in place for large corporate accounts... but I understood that BlackBerry had done away with a number of sales positions.

It will be great if some numbers do get counted in the 4th quarter...but based on the timing of sales and how they count them (most of the Passport sales are believed not to have counted in the 3rd quarter)... I'm not going to get too excited if the 4th quarter sales don't go up a lot.
    Then how about first quarter in June

#BBFactCheck
    02-24-15 09:33 AM
    Then how about first quarter in June

#BBFactCheck
    That is when I think we will see the results of Classic sales...
    02-24-15 09:56 AM
    Well folks, looks like the new crop of BB10 devices is still not gaining much traction from a global shipments perspective. I guess this is the best indicator we have for now....

Fresh off the presses for Q4 2014....

Out of 1.3% billion smartphones shipped globally in 2014, says IDC, 81.5% ran Google’s Android, while 14.8% ran Apple’s iOS operating system. Those share numbers were an increase for Google for the year of 2.8 percentage points, a decline for Apple of three-tenths of a point.

However, in Q4, Apple’s share rose from 17.5% to 19.7%, while Google’s slipped from 78.2% to 76.6%

BlackBerry’s share slipped to 0.4% of shipments in Q4, IDC believes, down from 0.6% a year earlier, while Microsoft’s Windows Phone operating system was at 2.8%, down from 3%.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    02-24-15 04:07 PM
    IDT release
    Android and iOS Squeeze the Competition, Swelling to 96.3% of the Smartphone Operating System Market for Both 4Q14 and CY14, According to IDC - prUS25450615

Smartphone OS Highlights

Android pushed past the one billion unit mark in 2014, a significant milestone by itself but also because total Android volumes in 2014 bested total smartphone volumes in 2013. Samsung retained the leadership position by a wide margin, shipping more volume than the next five vendors combined. At the same time, Samsung's total volumes for the year remained essentially flat while Asian vendors including Huawei, Lenovo (including Motorola), LG Electronics, Xiaomi, and ZTE fueled the most growth for Google's platform.

iOS saw its market share for 2014 decline slightly even as volumes reached a new record and grew at nearly the same pace as the overall smartphone market. Much of this was due to the strong demand for Apple's new and larger iPhones and the reception they had within key markets. What remains to be seen is how Apple will sustain demand going forward, as larger screens were among the last gaps in its product portfolio.

Windows Phone had the smallest year-over-year increase among the leading operating systems growing just 4.2%, well below the overall market. Having finalized its acquisition of Nokia in the spring of 2014, Microsoft relied primarily on a long list of entry-level Lumia devices to maintain its position in the market, and relied on its partners HTC and Samsung to provide cover on the high-end of the market. With the launch of Windows 10 later this year, Windows Phone stands to make a more concerted effort to return to the high end of the market.

BlackBerry posted the only year-over-year decline among the leading operating systems, falling -69.8% from 2013 levels. 2014 marked a year of rationalization for the beleaguered platform, and by the end of the year the company had revealed multiple enhancements to its platform and new device additions with the BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Classic. CEO John Chen anticipates 10 million units will be shipped in 2015, returning the company to profitability and marking a 72% increase over the 5.8 million units shipped in 2014.
    eyesopen1111 and Andy_bb_king like this.
    02-24-15 04:29 PM
    IDT release
    Android and iOS Squeeze the Competition, Swelling to 96.3% of the Smartphone Operating System Market for Both 4Q14 and CY14, According to IDC - prUS25450615

Smartphone OS Highlights
    BlackBerry posted the only year-over-year decline among the leading operating systems, falling -69.8% from 2013 levels. 2014 marked a year of rationalization for the beleaguered platform, and by the end of the year the company had revealed multiple enhancements to its platform and new device additions with the BlackBerry Passport and BlackBerry Classic. CEO John Chen anticipates 10 million units will be shipped in 2015, returning the company to profitability and marking a 72% increase over the 5.8 million units shipped in 2014.
    I knew it was a bad idea for BlackBerry to go all of 2014 without releasing a flagship all-touch device, but I wasn't expecting this.

I'd love to hear Chen's plan for 2015 device launches and from where he plans to get these 10 million sales. BlackBerry had better get the Visa/Victoria available ASAP. If BlackBerry really intends to sell phones this year at 172% of last year's unit rate of 5.8 million devices sold, Chen needs to get his hussle on like a one-legged man in a ****-kicking contest!
    Last edited by eyesopen1111; 02-24-15 at 05:07 PM.
    sentimentGX4 and techvisor like this.
    02-24-15 04:50 PM
    That is when I think we will see the results of Classic sales...
    Then will it be a good quarter?

#BBFactCheck
    02-24-15 06:35 PM
    Probably not.....
    02-24-15 07:36 PM
    Passport sales were good. Based on % charts. Classic will need an entire Q. Results should be good for this upcoming Q. Imo

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:20 PM
    Good....as in a share of the 3 million device sales level Blackberry seems to be at these days ?

IMHO Blackberry needs to be selling around 15 million devices per quarter to be able to declare the turnaround a success. Heck, they did that volume a couple of years ago with the Bold 9900 !

While I know quarterly increases are always marginal, but with the Passport and Classic, I'm expecting to see a steady march towards Blackberry's notional market share of around 15%.
    03-16-15 11:39 AM
    While I know quarterly increases are always marginal, but with the Passport and Classic, I'm expecting to see a steady march towards Blackberry's national market share of around 15%.
    It would take a heck of a lot more than those two devices to attain 15%.
    03-16-15 05:12 PM
    Why does everyone with a different view have to be working for "someone" to damage the value of BBRY? There have been people questioning BlackBerry's products and business decisions on CrackBerry... LONG before some here got so concerned with the stock valuation. I agree with markmall... being emotionally attached to a stock can be a money-losing proposition.

Heck evey Kevin and Bla1ze have called a number of decisions into question. And it's pretty clear that right now Bla1ze isn't very impressed with the 10.3.1 update release.... maybe the shorters have gotten to him to?
    Not impressed with BB10.3.1 update? Get over it. Apple's been having massive issues with iOS yet when BlackBerry has issues with its updates, people bicker about it. ReLaX.
    03-16-15 10:59 PM
    He did very well at cutting a tremendous amount of fat and getting the company committed to a (hopefully) more sustainable future. That is huge.

He's just not a great salesman.

What do you mean? You mean splitting the company?

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    No, what he means is to transform the company in a way that Hardware will no longer have the ability to drag the company down. And/Or Visa Versa. It's all about Balance, one quarter software may be down, hardware up. The other quarter, hardware down, and software up.
    Good....as in a share of the 3 million device sales level Blackberry seems to be at these days ?

IMHO Blackberry needs to be selling around 15 million devices per quarter to be able to declare the turnaround a success. Heck, they did that volume a couple of years ago with the Bold 9900 !

While I know quarterly increases are always marginal, but with the Passport and Classic, I'm expecting to see a steady march towards Blackberry's notional market share of around 15%.
    15M devices per Quarter? Well sure that would be amazing, but even with 3 to 5M per Quarter, that is more than enough coupled with successful Software initiatives declares the company as a successful turnaround.

The hardware division is helping to accelerate the turn around process. Eventually the company will no longer be boggled down by low volume hardware sales. That is the primary goal. Each of the 4 divisions is being setup to be independent of each other. If for some reason software profits are low for a quarter, it won't drag the company down. Same with hardware, it won't drag the entire company down. John Chen is transforming this company to a tight, well managed profit generating company.
    03-16-15 11:05 PM
    Not impressed with BB10.3.1 update? Get over it. Apple's been having massive issues with iOS yet when BlackBerry has issues with its updates, people bicker about it. ReLaX.
    Yeah, you know...the black screen of death on some Z30s after the update? No biggie.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-16-15 11:05 PM
    Yeah, you know...the black screen of death on some Z30s after the update? No biggie.
    iOS update: Apple apologises for breaking new iPhones, Remember that news? Many are having issues, and they will eventually get resolved. You know this LOL.
    03-16-15 11:10 PM
    How long have the US carriers like AT&T been offering the passport and classic? I would assume that most whom are buying from Amazon are people who are fans and want this device without carrier subsidies. So when AT&T offer plans at $22/mth for the passport and $14/mth for the classic, I can see the Amazon rankings falling like a stone. Seem the only logical solution from going from top 10 down to 80 that fast.
    03-17-15 05:37 AM
    iOS update: Apple apologises for breaking new iPhones, Remember that news? Many are having issues, and they will eventually get resolved. You know this LOL.
    No I don't. What exactly are you referring to?
    03-17-15 08:19 AM
    Chirp chirp.

Classically Posted.
    03-17-15 08:33 AM
    No I don't. What exactly are you referring to?
    iOS 8.0.1
    03-17-15 08:51 AM
    iOS 8.0.1
    What about it?
    03-17-15 08:52 AM
122 ... 2345