04-07-15 11:46 AM
191 ... 678
tools
    The hardware business is not losing money anymore, that's a good sign. The service business is declining at a rate of 15% per year, which is supposed to be substituted by the gain from software business, which is growing but not as fast as expected. Apparently Chen will stick to his plan of continuing to grow software business, and keeps BlackBerry 's footprint in hardware business small. It's probably too early for Chen to decide the strategy is working or not so too early for him to make any adjustments.

If the hardware business bounces back stronger than expected, Chen may invest more in hardware business to capitalize the great design concepts brought by Passport and Classic. I personally hope that's the direction they will go because I am still waiting for Z50 to materialize.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    Agreed, though I'm personally happy with the upcoming Slider

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-28-15 06:50 PM
    Just throwing this out there, but seriously, no one remembers that BlackBerry released the semi-sales results from the Passport after the first 24 hours? And it was way higher than 8000.

There is zero fact behind any of these jabs from the investment firm and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if BlackBerry retaliates soon.

Waiting on the #BlackBerryFactCheck article about this.

Guy probably typed it up on his IPhone :-)

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-30-15 09:01 AM
    Today's numbers support the position that Passport and Classic are not selling well. Can anyone do an analysis of average sales price and likely product mix to figure out the ballpark estimate of units sold on a per model basis? Anyone? Bueller?
    ATT passport was released Feb 20...so that figure (whatever it is) is not included in March27th report and interview per Chen. Also, Classic JUST came to verizon...so those numbers are not out yet. The Leap will be out soon...and those numbers are not out yet either. So...long story short, this Morgan reporter ( if you could call him that) has no clue.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 09:09 AM
    & who paid the retooling & design / engineering costs for ATT to put up the passport & classic only to hide them behind the counter ??
    Here in San Diego, CA they are not even behind the counter! Just stopped into an AT&T corporate store in North County San Diego to fix my daughter's iPhone 6 yesterday. That relatively large AT&T store had neither the Classic nor the Passport on hand. One of the sales associates had a BlackBerry Classic that was issued to him for his work.
    03-30-15 04:30 PM
    Not all San Diego stores are that bad.
    I was in the one in the mall in Chula Visa about two weeks ago, and both the Classic and Passport were on display, albeit at the back of the store.
    03-30-15 05:20 PM
    Already another thread about this click bait.

Morgan Stanley has a sell on BlackBerry. Um, biased? Nah, not at all.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    At First I thought also that was a good article. Then: Click bait!

Thanks Frank Underwood.
    03-30-15 05:35 PM
    One question, was the 90% of 1.3m device sales recognized in q4 fy15 BB10 phones or just Classic and Passport? I think there is a big difference. If 90% are BB10 phones then we can confidently assume that there will be a meaningful ASP uptick in the next earnings when the proportion from Classic and Passport increases. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 11:28 PM
    We are the cash cows BlackBerry milks on. Selling under spec'ed phones to die hard fan base gives them the highest margin.

Passport is the first one that is on par with competition in terms of horse power and specs. But after Passport, Classic and Leap quickly fell back the milking strategy again.

Sorry BlackBerry, not interested.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    The Leap is an entry level phone that offers better security (I'm not sure what make it better perhaps someone knows the subject can explain) for corporate users.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-31-15 12:16 AM
    President of USA, Entire government of Germany and numerous Heads of State around the world. A lot of people in Canada..The makers of Hushmail. And regular people who don't want the google spy machine involved with their lives.

www.startmail.com...they have a short video pointing out how free email providers are not free. I am aware it's not Blackberry related...but it does emphasize how google et al are turning some people off.

(`[ ḅḷċḳḅṛṛ ṗṡṡṗṛẗ ]״)
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    03-31-15 03:01 AM
    President of USA, Entire government of Germany and numerous Heads of State around the world. A lot of people in Canada..The makers of Hushmail. And regular people who don't want the google spy machine involved with their lives.

www.startmail.com...they have a short video pointing out how free email providers are not free. I am aware it's not Blackberry related...but it does emphasize how google et al are turning some people off.

(`[ ḅḷċḳḅṛṛ ṗṡṡṗṛẗ ]״)
    0.5% global marketshare, no apps, no ecosystem, a complete reliance on Android for apps businesses and consumers need, no real positive outlook for software and a pretty bad outlook for hardware, especially because of the abysmal product portfolio.

Well, yeah, I am sure that the customers you mentioned will help BlackBerry to overcome all of these fundamental issues and will help BlackBerry to make millions/billions of profit.

Actually... You do not believe that yourself, do you?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-31-15 04:47 PM
    One question, was the 90% of 1.3m device sales recognized in q4 fy15 BB10 phones or just Classic and Passport? I think there is a big difference. If 90% are BB10 phones then we can confidently assume that there will be a meaningful ASP uptick in the next earnings when the proportion from Classic and Passport increases. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    No. Only ~870,000 units of the 1,300,000 units sold in were BlackBerry 10 devices. This includes, Z3, Classic, Passport and others.

The remaining ~430,000 units sold in were BlackBerry OS 7 devices.
    eyesopen1111 likes this.
    03-31-15 04:58 PM
    Already another thread about this click bait.

Morgan Stanley has a sell on BlackBerry. Um, biased? Nah, not at all.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    5 years ago I bet everyone at Morgan Stanely had Blackberries
    03-31-15 05:41 PM
    I happened to get a peek at the CB traffic numbers tonight for the last month and our traffic is WAY up. That means more new sign ups, more people posting etc, so they MUST be coming from somewhere! I guess all 8000 came here.
    The Winds of change approach.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-15 06:15 PM
    0.5% global marketshare, no apps, no ecosystem, a complete reliance on Android for apps businesses and consumers need, no real positive outlook for software and a pretty bad outlook for hardware, especially because of the abysmal product portfolio.

Well, yeah, I am sure that the customers you mentioned will help BlackBerry to overcome all of these fundamental issues and will help BlackBerry to make millions/billions of profit.

Actually... You do not believe that yourself, do you?
    I could care less actually....Google is not on my phone and I got a fast OS that works. Even if BlackBerry stopped publicly trading and became private I would by them and use them. I'm more than happy with the Apps that I have. But, I am glad you made the effort to find me on this thread.

(`[ ḅḷċḳḅṛṛ ṗṡṡṗṛẗ ]״)
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-01-15 12:24 AM
    I could care less actually....Google is not on my phone and I got a fast OS that works. Even if BlackBerry stopped publicly trading and became private I would by them and use them. I'm more than happy with the Apps that I have. But, I am glad you made the effort to find me on this thread.

(`[ ḅḷċḳḅṛṛ ṗṡṡṗṛẗ ]״)
    Yupp.

I don't understand people, they need an app for every little thing and *silly* things like sharing what they eat..

I'm happy with a number of games, some high quality & some low, productivity apps, and the occasional social networking app. I don't really need much else...

It's nice we have Android compatibility, but I could still live without it and my Passport would still be my primary and only phone!

04-01-15 04:08 PM
    Where are you sourcing that info?

During the q&a it was answered, that 90% of the devices shipped.... Not recognized, were passport and classic. You can here the replay.

Was it a slip? Perhaps, but you can judge by self.
    04-07-15 11:46 AM
191 ... 678