Though this one and many other articles that covered the Morgan Stanley story don't mention it, the 8,000 is an estimate of the Passport/Classic US launch on ATT and Verizon which we know from forum posts was a disaster. The only reason the figure is relevant is in showing that to US consumers BB is dead and getting to the 10M units per year goal will be impossible.

The story has nothing to do whether BB has met sales goals in Canada or other regions of the world.

You say BlackBerry is dead but rest assured they have big things planned coming from inside source who's worked for the company for over 15 years. Sit back. And wait my friends!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 01:24 AM
    I see... thx for telling me bro. I wish blackberry launch 10.3.2 with better android compability and smoother response cuz my android app (not all tough) is lagging and some even force close

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 02:35 AM
    Am i the only one here who thinks android is better than BlackBerry
    You're posting on a site called "CrackBerry.com". Of course it's going to be skewed. :-)

Android Central would give you kinsman.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-21-15 07:42 AM
    Apple is better
    Lost? iMore forums are over here.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-21-15 07:44 AM
    You say BlackBerry is dead but rest assured they have big things planned coming from inside source who's worked for the company for over 15 years. Sit back. And wait my friends!!!!

Posted via CB10
    I really hope this is true. The key is how long it will take, and how well the customer adopts their big things. They just need a little revenue traction

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:20 AM
    I see... thx for telling me bro. I wish blackberry launch 10.3.2 with better android compability and smoother response cuz my android app (not all tough) is lagging and some even force close

Posted via CB10
    We all want more android compatibility. It gets better and better each time. The only two things I see missing: Google's apps (though maps, translate, etc work) and this that need specific things from Google play services like Maps.

I don't play any games though so can't comment there.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-15 08:23 AM
    And yet, here you are, posting away on a forum located at CrackBerry.com
    Point? I am not interested in those mid and low end BlackBerries so I should just leave CrackBerry?
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-21-15 08:55 AM
    Lexicon: t.Roll = tootsie roll
    03-21-15 10:08 AM
    Am I the only BlackBerry passport owner who NEVER EVER would have bought it had it not been fitted with android runtime ??
    Likely not, but it seems you're the only one that complains incessantly and screams for attention.

Classically Posted.
    theRock1975 likes this.
    03-21-15 10:41 AM
    Point? I am not interested in those mid and low end BlackBerries so I should just leave CrackBerry?
    Naw - I have no interest either. I just don't get the "everything is awful, in every way, all the time, under every circumstance" club and why they show up here for the sole purpose of bemoaning the terribleness of anything and everything.

If the world sucks so bad in BlackBerryland, then move on already to a happier platform. But I think some of this crew just kinda gets off on educating the idiots and converting others to their "everything is bad" view of the world.
    LuvULongTime and Thunderbuck like this.
    03-21-15 11:08 AM
    Naw - I have no interest either. I just don't get the "everything is awful, in every way, all the time, under every circumstance" club and why they show up here for the sole purpose of bemoaning the terribleness of anything and everything.

If the world sucks so bad in BlackBerryland, then move on already to a happier platform. But I think some of this crew just kinda gets off on educating the idiots and converting others to their "everything is bad" view of the world.
    If BlackBerry gets out of the HW business these folks will have so much extra time on their hands. LOL!
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    03-21-15 11:17 AM
    BlackBerry is such an interesting story right now because the company is transforming so quickly. There is room for both optimism and/or pessimism, but that�s life and people have different perspectives. What�s to stress about?
    03-21-15 11:38 AM
    I got enough for everybody. I strongly suggest giving it a try.

fatclue_98, D3C0D3R, phuoc and 3 others like this.
    03-21-15 12:00 PM

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3198/2...b369da40_z.jpg
    Can you send some over to Windows Central? They could really use some.
    03-21-15 12:08 PM

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3198/2...b369da40_z.jpg
    Free shipping in Canada?

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-21-15 12:14 PM
    We all want more android compatibility. It gets better and better each time. The only two things I see missing: Google's apps (though maps, translate, etc work) and this that need specific things from Google play services like Maps.

I don't play any games though so can't comment there.

Posted via CB10
    No, we don't "all" want more Android compatibility. It's nice to have but my preference would be for BB10 to gain enough traction to attract comparable developer support.

Is this a common complaint in the Windows Phone community too?

Posted from CB10 on my classy Passport--TBUCK64
    03-21-15 03:45 PM
    I certainly prefer Bb10 designed apps too. The UX is better, they are faster, use less power, etc. But, I fear that it will be a long time coming for app developers to support native bb10 apps. There would need to be significantly more bb10 phones out there
    03-21-15 05:09 PM
    I certainly prefer Bb10 designed apps too. The UX is better, they are faster, use less power, etc. But, I fear that it will be a long time coming for app developers to support native bb10 apps. There would need to be significantly more bb10 phones out there
    With the current market share, wishful thinking.

Posted from an ME173X
    03-21-15 05:25 PM

I am not in that club, and I am not in the "everything is great, in every way, all the time, under every circumstance" club neither. And I am not going to say you are in the second club, or only the folks in the second club should be on Crackberry.

People show up here for all different reasons. Everyone complains once for a while unless you are in the second club.

The fact is, BlackBerry made lots of bad decisions and they are probably going to keep making them. And even if they make perfect decisions all the time, they can't keep everyone happy. When people are not happy, people complains. Telling those people to shut up and go away is not going to work.... it's not like it hasn't been tried before.

Actually, whatever you said was another form of pointless complaint, just like mine. And the post I am writing right now falls in the same category too... so I am gona stop... and see you around in forums.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-21-15 07:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    For US consumers Blackberry is dead. ATT Passport exclusive: dead. No Leap for Verizon: dead. Slider when it comes will be one carrier probably ATT: dead. BB the IoT and Enterprise services company will be fine.
    03-21-15 07:23 PM
    For US consumers Blackberry is dead. ATT Passport exclusive: dead. No Leap for Verizon: dead. Slider when it comes will be one carrier probably ATT: dead. BB the IoT and Enterprise services company will be fine.
    I agree, BlackBerry really needs to stop with this carrier exclusivity bull****. They don't have enough of a consumerbase to be pull this off any more and all its doing is driving consumers crazy!

Although the fact they've made ShopBlackBerry much better does help a little bit...

heading4tomorrow likes this.
    03-21-15 08:43 PM
    To play the armchair quarterback here, the entire problem is in the pricing.

The average consumer cannot justify spending $499-$699 on a smartphone that can essentially only text, email and call. Yes it can do more but does Joe really wanna spend the time and the effort in sideloading his favorite apps?

The only way to survive in the consumer market is to make smartphones that are competitively priced or side with Android. I haven't seen Blackberry do neither up until the announcement of the Leap.
    03-21-15 10:49 PM
    I agree, BlackBerry really needs to stop with this carrier exclusivity bull****. They don't have enough of a consumerbase to be pull this off any more and all its doing is driving consumers crazy!

Although the fact they've made ShopBlackBerry much better does help a little bit...

If I were a betting man I would say that Verizon wasn't interested in the Passport, hence the 'AT&T exclusive'. AT&T got the exclusive by default.
    03-22-15 10:37 AM
    8 million units aint so bad...if there was a $100 profit margin on each unit, that would be a pretty good business...

as for the moron who thinks blackberries are limited in what they can do...hah! what rock do you live under, and how's the reception?

Posted via CBX
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    03-22-15 10:44 AM
    If I were a betting man I would say that Verizon wasn't interested in the Passport, hence the 'AT&T exclusive'. AT&T got the exclusive by default.
    But yet got BlackBerry to alter the design.
    03-22-15 11:38 AM
191 ... 45678