I learned my lesson about changing carriers just for a hot new phone and instant gratification. It rarely works out well. Network is #1, and around here Verizon is the undisputed king. I'd rather get the Classic now and the Passport if/when it's released for Big Red.
    Very true,I've never done it, just didn't know how bad you wanted the Passport.
    IF you do (got for the Classic etc)... I could buy the iPhone.. PM me if interested. Good-luck with it, hope they do get the Passport soon.
    03-19-15 01:41 AM
    When I picked up my AT&T Passport, they sort of "made" me take an Android LG tablet. I say "made" in that the sales person essentially told me to to take it, since it would only cost me $0.99 (ever) to own the tablet, and when I asked if it would cost me more on my monthly bill to carry the tablet, he said it wouldn't because of some discount I would receive, so that I would essentially be getting the tablet for free. He was either mistaken or lying, as the tablet will add $10 a month to my bill.

So of course, since I still have a perfectly fine Playbook and the Passport is practically a tablet anyway, I'd be interested in returning the tablet. Android indeed sucks. BUT, as the Passport's GPS does not appear to work, and the tablet's does, I am half considering keeping it - or returning it and getting a Note 4.

Sure hope BlackBerry fixes this GPS issue soon.
    Google Play Services work on Passport. As well as Google Play Store.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

Also - you can use Snap (to download google play store apps)
    03-19-15 03:47 AM
    Google Play Services work on Passport. As well as Google Play Store.

Also - you can use Snap (to download google play store apps)
    Apps that require GPS still need to be patched.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    03-19-15 04:32 AM
    Apps that require GPS still need to be patched.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    you sure?
    03-19-15 05:56 AM
    Maybe I am cynical but that seems bogus. With as much trouble as people seem to have getting a hold of one it is hard to believe such a low number. The only other thing I can think of is that the supply chain might have been slower this quarter.

Seems to me that Blackberry is gaining steam. But what do I know?
    03-19-15 06:14 AM
    the timing and source are suspicious. MobileIron announced yesterday that they will no longer support Blackberry 10 devices...

� End of support for BlackBerry 10 and later devices -- Beginning June 1, 2015, BlackBerry 10 and later devices will no longer be supported by MobileIron Core and Sentry.
    Wonder why they won't support them any more? That's more interesting then the sales.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-19-15 06:44 AM
    Spec improvement do help, but I'm saying that the specs of a BlackBerry10 phone vs Android being the same would actually mean that the performance would be better on the BlackBerry because it is more efficient.
    I don't think you know what you're talking about. Do you not even realize that BlackBerry 10 won't run at all on most of the Android hardware in existence? Let's try a little experiment out for fun.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a 1.2 GHz dual core cpu and 1GB of RAM - basically, the exact same hardware specs as a BlackBerry PlayBook. That Galaxy Nexus phone has worst hardware specs than any BlackBerry 10 device made. Yet it has no problems running Android 5.0 Lolipop. You can even run Lolipop on the Nexus S. That phone came out in 2010, has a single core processor and only 512mb of RAM, yet it will run Lolipop roms.

Now, according to you, BlackBerry 10 should run better than Android does on those Samsung Nexus devices. Right? That is what you said. Yet the fact of the matter is BB10 won't even run at all on devices with such old hardware.

The PlayBook has the same basic internals as the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and BlackBerry straight up said the hardware wasn't enough to run BB10. Remember that is what happened to the promised BB10 update for the PlayBook that never showed up. The PlayBook has plenty of power to run the latest version of Android.

I just named 2 Android phones that can and does run the latest version of Android yet neither can run BB10 at all. Now can you name any BB10 device that doesn't have the power to run Android 5.0 Lolipop?
    dolco and techvisor like this.
    03-19-15 07:03 AM
    I am a little surprised there is even coverage of BB and devices at this point. I think we will find the actual numbers will support this report. The devices appear to be selling in low numbers and anecdotally problems here and there especially with distribution. Not a recipe for success. I don't think people want to put their money in phones for $400 to $600 and wonder if they will have the support, updates and apps from BB given where BB is at today. I finally found a Passport on display at an AT&T when I was on vacation in another state. An absolutely fabulous device and OS that no one knows about.
    Witmen likes this.
    03-19-15 07:11 AM
    the timing and source are suspicious. MobileIron announced yesterday that they will no longer support Blackberry 10 devices...

� End of support for BlackBerry 10 and later devices -- Beginning June 1, 2015, BlackBerry 10 and later devices will no longer be supported by MobileIron Core and Sentry.
    They barely supported them in the first place... They pretty much only allowed them to be handled via ActiveSync.
    03-19-15 07:21 AM
    I am a little surprised there is even coverage of BB and devices at this point. I think we will find the actual numbers will support this report. The devices appear to be selling in low numbers and anecdotally problems here and there especially with distribution. Not a recipe for success. I don't think people want to put their money in phones for $400 to $600 and wonder if they will have the support, updates and apps from BB given where BB is at today. I finally found a Passport on display at an AT&T when I was on vacation in another state. An absolutely fabulous device and OS that no one knows about.
    That right there is one of the main reasons I haven't bought a Classic or Passport by now. Chen likes to say that he is commited to hardware, but all of his actions clearly scream out that he couldn't care less about BB10's survival. If he does want to turn BB10 into a success, he has a very strange way of showing it.

If the Classic and Passport had an unlockable bootloader, I'd own one of them. That way I wouldn't be stuck depending on BlackBerry for software.
    03-19-15 07:22 AM
    One thing that stands out from reading this, is how did they manage to sell 8,000 units? To the average consumer, there is nothing a BlackBerry can't do that every other phone can. Nothing. From the wealth of Android options presented in any mobile store, in various pricing and sizes, why would you buy a BlackBerry? For it's apps? LOL
    03-19-15 07:25 AM
    you sure?
    From Cobalt's first post: "Apps that require Google Play services must be patched in order to run on a Blackberry device. Patching is required because my modified Google Play services is signed with a non-Google signing key and this key doesn't match to the hardcoded key in the apps. To learn more about how to patch your favorite app you should read the following two threads:..."

03-19-15 08:14 AM

You have a source for that? It's not mentioned anywhere on the web, and it's not mentioned at their website.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-19-15 08:22 AM
    Sorry BlackBerry, not interested.
    And yet, here you are, posting away on a forum located at CrackBerry.com
    03-19-15 08:24 AM
    They're not selling in the UK because no shops stock them anymore.
    03-19-15 08:30 AM
    In the US, Verizon still sells some BlackBerrys but they don't have any in stock or on display. Kinda tough to get somebody to buy a phone when they can't even see/handle it in the store. AT&T still has the new models on display so Verizon customers (like me) have to go to AT&T to see the new BlackBerry Classic and then trundle up the highway to Verizon to order it. Next day delivery so that's not so bad. But I'd sure like to see them put a demo model on the floor instead of one of those bargain-basement Kyocera cheap-o phones, but I guess that's just not how Verizon rolls.
    03-19-15 09:05 AM
    I don't think you know what you're talking about. Do you not even realize that BlackBerry 10 won't run at all on most of the Android hardware in existence? Let's try a little experiment out for fun.

The Samsung Galaxy Nexus has a 1.2 GHz dual core cpu and 1GB of RAM - basically, the exact same hardware specs as a BlackBerry PlayBook. That Galaxy Nexus phone has worst hardware specs than any BlackBerry 10 device made. Yet it has no problems running Android 5.0 Lolipop. You can even run Lolipop on the Nexus S. That phone came out in 2010, has a single core processor and only 512mb of RAM, yet it will run Lolipop roms.

Now, according to you, BlackBerry 10 should run better than Android does on those Samsung Nexus devices. Right? That is what you said. Yet the fact of the matter is BB10 won't even run at all on devices with such old hardware.

The PlayBook has the same basic internals as the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and BlackBerry straight up said the hardware wasn't enough to run BB10. Remember that is what happened to the promised BB10 update for the PlayBook that never showed up. The PlayBook has plenty of power to run the latest version of Android.

I just named 2 Android phones that can and does run the latest version of Android yet neither can run BB10 at all. Now can you name any BB10 device that doesn't have the power to run Android 5.0 Lolipop?
    Okay let me rephrase that again.

The BlackBerry10 OS has a minimum requirement for hardware a little higher than that of say, Android. Android may be able to run well on crappier phone hardware, but the applications themselves don't run that well.

Take my girlfriends phone for example, the Moto G, running Lollipop. She absolutely hates the phone because any time she tries to install anything or use a resource intensive app, it freezes up and takes about a half hour to load/download & update. That's very similar to the specs you just referenced.

Now my original point, was if you take a BlackBerry10 phone's hardware, and compare it with an Android phone of equivalent, you will see a noticeable difference in performance, especially when multitasking (something I do 90% of the time). Same goes for iPhone.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    03-19-15 09:17 AM
    well from what I have saw so far was absolutely nothing, I have been to a couple AT&T stores and guess what I held and tried out ? that's right nothing, here we go with the **** poor marketing again from the bb marketing dept., and AT&T also. if you could hold one, try one out and just maybe more will be sold. DuH, come on someone let get this show together. show and display the items so we can test drive before we buy.
    03-19-15 09:19 AM
    Who cares! I bought Passport and shall buy again BlackBerry

With diplomatic Passport
    Andy_bb_king, D3C0D3R and BKbehave like this.
    03-19-15 09:28 AM
    passport is no doubt a hit. very tough consumer here and i'm thoroughly impressed, there isn't another device i'd own. I dont care about fake numbers, false claims, smear campaigns etc..just keep makin 'em bb!

Posted via CBX
    03-19-15 09:38 AM
    I'd like to know where they got their info from... Yes BB Global share is small but I doubt that only 8000 was sold for the Passport and Classic, 80k would be more "realistic". At my work about 20 people have either the Passport or Classic, I have the Passport for work (have the Q10 for personal).

I guess we'll find out soon...
    03-19-15 10:20 AM
    read the thread, or the numerous others on the same topic. the numbers are falsified. deliberate "error". what a joke

Posted via CBX
    03-19-15 10:21 AM
    The top bananas at BlackBerry are feeling the pee run down their legs over the concept of filling Hudson Bay with unsold stock of Passport & Classic...
    Although I myself took advantage of them, I have wondered about the coupon discounts. $100 is a lot of amount. And now the limited Red Passport is for $600 and almost instantly there are codes available to decrease the price further by $100.
    Is this not desperation by BlackBerry (all of which, I must add, undervalues their beautiful beautiful machines).

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:25 AM
    I'd like to know where they got their info from... Yes BB Global share is small but I doubt that only 8000 was sold for the Passport and Classic, 80k would be more "realistic". At my work about 20 people have either the Passport or Classic, I have the Passport for work (have the Q10 for personal).

I guess we'll find out soon...
    A few posts up someone posted the actual article that MS supposedly got their info from. They sold 7,915 (Thousands of Units). Meaning 7.9M units.

Geeze people don't even look into the facts before they post up "credible investor information" these days *rolls eyes*

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    03-19-15 10:25 AM
    LOL. well they do.
    03-19-15 10:36 AM
191 12345 ...