New BlackBerry Smartphones Are Failing, Morgan Stanley Says | Digital Trends

What do you think, I thought the passport was a hit. I love my phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:36 AM
    Well, it is now secret that MS and GS supported the mobile iron IPO and thus - to put it mildly - are a bit biased against bbry..

We will find out next friday..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-18-15 11:43 AM
    I think they are shorting stock again
    mkiiw and allsportsfan like this.
    03-18-15 11:45 AM
    Though this one and many other articles that covered the Morgan Stanley story don't mention it, the 8,000 is an estimate of the Passport/Classic US launch on ATT and Verizon which we know from forum posts was a disaster. The only reason the figure is relevant is in showing that to US consumers BB is dead and getting to the 10M units per year goal will be impossible.

The story has nothing to do whether BB has met sales goals in Canada or other regions of the world.
    03-18-15 11:55 AM
    Man them and SeekingAlpha seem to like to make up facts and stay constantly biased. . .

Also not entirely sure if the "8000" units is a typo intentionally to drive down stock or accidental, either way it's ridiculous that it still hasn't been fixed.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2558
    fushiyun2000 likes this.
    03-18-15 12:02 PM
    Although I myself took advantage of them, I have wondered about the coupon discounts. $100 is a lot of amount. And now the limited Red Passport is for $600 and almost instantly there are codes available to decrease the price further by $100.
    Is this not desperation by BlackBerry (all of which, I must add, undervalues their beautiful beautiful machines).

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 12:04 PM
    BlackBerry's market share is 0.4% globally. GLOBALLY!! Makes a number like 8,000 total units sold a little easier to believe. Everyone here on this site is a fanboy. Me included. You can't judge world demand by what is said here on Crackberry.
    03-18-15 12:14 PM
    My Passport should arrive tomorrow. The haters will hate but they've been wrong all along.

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    Chris Chin likes this.
    03-18-15 12:28 PM
    I'm considering (quite strongly) moving from my iPhone 6 to the BlackBerry Classic. I'd love the Passport but Verizon doesn't have it.
    03-18-15 12:33 PM
    As covered in previous posts. The 8k can not be correct. MAYBE 80k, but no way 8k. It's a typo or something.
    03-18-15 12:34 PM
    Well, I bought a Classic and a Passport for me (personal and work), a Classic for my stepson and I already felt in love with the future Classic "Bronze"....
    Chris Chin likes this.
    03-18-15 12:35 PM
    Already another thread about this click bait.

Morgan Stanley has a sell on BlackBerry. Um, biased? Nah, not at all.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    03-18-15 12:38 PM
    the timing and source are suspicious. MobileIron announced yesterday that they will no longer support Blackberry 10 devices...

• End of support for BlackBerry 10 and later devices -- Beginning June 1, 2015, BlackBerry 10 and later devices will no longer be supported by MobileIron Core and Sentry.
    Chris Chin likes this.
    03-18-15 12:53 PM
    Blackberry and their overpriced phones that are always steps behind specs wise. People go into a phone store. If blackberry is priced the same as a samsungs and iphone. People go for the iphones and samsungs. Only the die hards get the berrys or buy them outright. It sucks. I one of the die hards.
    03-18-15 01:03 PM
    Already another thread about this click bait.

Morgan Stanley has a sell on BlackBerry. Um, biased? Nah, not at all.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Yep, click bait...bad reporting....don't fall for it

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    03-18-15 01:05 PM
    Lets be realistic. No BlackBerry device is selling well. And with the announcement that basically the BlackBerry experiance is coming to iOS and Android... the end is now in sight.
    03-18-15 01:19 PM
    I am not surprised. The latest phones such as the Classic and the Passport get unveiled but it takes months and months before they can be purchased. I would like to get a passport but its exclusive to ATT.
    03-18-15 01:26 PM
    Blackberry and their overpriced phones that are always steps behind specs wise. People go into a phone store. If blackberry is priced the same as a samsungs and iphone. People go for the iphones and samsungs. Only the die hards get the berrys or buy them outright. It sucks. I one of the die hards.
    We are the cash cows BlackBerry milks on. Selling under spec'ed phones to die hard fan base gives them the highest margin.

Passport is the first one that is on par with competition in terms of horse power and specs. But after Passport, Classic and Leap quickly fell back the milking strategy again.

Sorry BlackBerry, not interested.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    03-18-15 01:28 PM
    One or two devices per store. No marketing. What a shocker although I think morgan stanley means ATT sales

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 01:28 PM
    They would be doing a LOT better if all AT&T stores actually had the devices displayed and in stock. Plus the one AT&T store I finally found it in had the worst customer service...I walked out before buying. They have more greeters signing you in than they have salespeople to sell you anything. So, you stand there and wait while the greeters play on their tablets and wait to sign more people in...to wait. It's quite a ******** business model in my opinion. I even told the "greeter" I am here to buy the Passport and become a new AT&T customer.
    03-18-15 01:42 PM
    I'm considering (quite strongly) moving from my iPhone 6 to the BlackBerry Classic. I'd love the Passport but Verizon doesn't have it.
    I think Verizon might be the first CDMA network to have the Passport... But no idea when. Maybe consider jumping to At&t if possible? Although most (if not all of) their stores have no Passports smh.
    03-18-15 02:09 PM
    Well I know these Wall Street analysis, they have their own agenda to maximize profit and minimize loss for their clients. Most of them are crook anyway. John Chen said the first initial of the Passport sold out(200,000). He has said many times during the interview in the last couple of months when ask how Classic and Passport are doing regarding the sales and he said it is doing pretty good. If doing pretty good mean 8000 devices sold, Chen must quit ECO and hand to someone else. Will find out for sure next week on Friday morning. If it turns out exactly these Wall Street crooks are saying, Chen loss all of his credibility and I don't think he can saves BlackBerry anymore.
    03-18-15 02:10 PM
    I think Verizon might be the first CDMA network to have the Passport... But no idea when. Maybe consider jumping to At&t if possible? Although most (if not all of) their stores have no Passports smh.
    I learned my lesson about changing carriers just for a hot new phone and instant gratification. It rarely works out well. Network is #1, and around here Verizon is the undisputed king. I'd rather get the Classic now and the Passport if/when it's released for Big Red.
    IamSuperMas likes this.
    03-18-15 02:20 PM
    The author forgot to include facts and references. No matter. I don't care if I can buy a BlackBerry device as long as I can get the BlackBerry experience on any device. If the BlackBerry experience doesn't materialize, I'd be very, very disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 03:12 PM
    Really does not matter....as BB is moving away from hardware and abandoning the consumer market... in 4 years will simply be a software provider with smartphones as a sideline... As Chen has already said with be a number of quarters till turn around is complete. all these analysts and projecting sales figures is simply noise that means nothing in the short term. If BB cannot make a go of the software and service revenues... all the hardware talk is academic....
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    03-18-15 03:51 PM
191 123 ...